Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Camel heading for Al Khail Road today

Camel heading for Al Khail Road today

Old Mar 18th 2007, 1:51 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Camel heading for Al Khail Road today

Was driving to Nad Al Sheba this morning, at the slip road on the Al Khail where you take a right to head to Nad, a camel had make a leap for freedom and was roaming towards the al khail road. I rang the police, eventually got through on 911 after about 5 attempts. Spoke to plod number 1 - no english, plod number 2 - no english. Plod number three - RESULT!!!! He wanted to know what model it was???? I said the arab fcking model!

and on that note the apartments on the quay in newcaslte are expensive but there are no roaming camels and the coppers speak a language that vaguely sounds like english!
Old Mar 18th 2007, 2:01 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Camel heading for Al Khail Road today

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
Was driving to Nad Al Sheba this morning, at the slip road on the Al Khail where you take a right to head to Nad, a camel had make a leap for freedom and was roaming towards the al khail road. I rang the police, eventually got through on 911 after about 5 attempts. Spoke to plod number 1 - no english, plod number 2 - no english. Plod number three - RESULT!!!! He wanted to know what model it was???? I said the arab fcking model!
Same problem here in the US .....Damn cops can't speak Arabic.....
Old Mar 18th 2007, 2:12 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
Same problem here in the US .....Damn cops can't speak Arabic.....
bloody terrible isn't it !!
Old Mar 18th 2007, 3:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

IndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond repute

Was driving to Nad Al Sheba this morning, at the slip road on the Al Khail where you take a right to head to Nad, a camel had make a leap for freedom and was roaming towards the al khail road.
BC - you'll find plenty of them if you travel to and fro RAK (although I heard they have fenced the sides of the road) . They can be quite dangerous as they have a tendency to dart across the road and you can't see them at twilight/night and you're driving at 120 .

Plod number three - RESULT!!!! He wanted to know what model it was???? I said the arab fcking model!
What did he have to say then?
Old Mar 18th 2007, 3:47 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by IndieGirl
BC - you'll find plenty of them if you travel to and fro RAK (although I heard they have fenced the sides of the road) . They can be quite dangerous as they have a tendency to dart across the road and you can't see them at twilight/night and you're driving at 120 .

What did he have to say then?
frightening I know ! but at 9.30 am , quite lazily heading straight into the Al Khail Road !!!

I tell you the police didn't understand what I was talking about, I bet it is still there unless it has been killed or caused some tragic accident.
Old Mar 19th 2007, 8:30 am
Just Joined

Blacked-out 4x4 is an unknown quantity at this point

If your ever driving down to Oman be wary of Camels (when you get into Oman just before you come back into UAE again - silly i know)! Nearly hit one on a recent trip