Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Buy or Rent a Car?

Buy or Rent a Car?

Old Apr 22nd 2008, 8:09 pm
Forum Regular

mais91 is just really nicemais91 is just really nicemais91 is just really nicemais91 is just really nicemais91 is just really nicemais91 is just really nicemais91 is just really nicemais91 is just really nice
Default Buy or Rent a Car?

Moving to AD in July and working out a budget.

What car am I likely to get for say 2,500-3,000 AED per month on an annual rental agreement?

I may be brave enough to buy a car after a year - fancy an X5 - anyone got an ideas of cost (and over what term do banks usually spread the loan)?

Thanks
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 5:05 pm
Forum Regular

andrewpops has much to be proud ofandrewpops has much to be proud ofandrewpops has much to be proud ofandrewpops has much to be proud ofandrewpops has much to be proud ofandrewpops has much to be proud ofandrewpops has much to be proud ofandrewpops has much to be proud ofandrewpops has much to be proud ofandrewpops has much to be proud ofandrewpops has much to be proud of
Default Re: Buy or Rent a Car?

Originally Posted by mais91
Moving to AD in July and working out a budget.

What car am I likely to get for say 2,500-3,000 AED per month on an annual rental agreement?

I may be brave enough to buy a car after a year - fancy an X5 - anyone got an ideas of cost (and over what term do banks usually spread the loan)?

Thanks
2,500 - 3000Dhs/month will get you a Mazda 6 or Toyota Camry from one of the big names (Hertz, Fast etc) on a yearly lease. That is fully maintained, insured etc, all you do is put fuel in it. My Jeep Grand Cherokee is 3,600/month on a two year lease with Hertz.

My boss just picked up a brand new 2008 X5 - I think around 350,000 Dhs direct from the dealer. No idea on finance.
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 6:04 pm

Coxy the Bear is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by andrewpops
2,500 - 3000Dhs/month will get you a Mazda 6 or Toyota Camry from one of the big names (Hertz, Fast etc) on a yearly lease. That is fully maintained, insured etc, all you do is put fuel in it. My Jeep Grand Cherokee is 3,600/month on a two year lease with Hertz.

My boss just picked up a brand new 2008 X5 - I think around 350,000 Dhs direct from the dealer. No idea on finance.

You could buy and run a Camry for a lot less than that!
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 7:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Coxy the Bear
You could buy and run a Camry for a lot less than that!
Exactly...
The only good thing to lease a car if someone does at least 50K kms a year...
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 8:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

CeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by andrewpops

Oh the cars I could buy with 350,000 over there. It certainly wouldn't be an X5...but if thats your thing go for it. 2008 model I gather?