Buy A Car in UAE

Old Aug 6th 2007, 8:29 am
Account Closed

larnie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Buy A Car in UAE

What is the process for buying a car (cash) What should we be aware of?

Who is responsible for changing ownership and how is this done?
What about Registration and Warrant of fitness?
When is payment made? after ownwersip is changed?
How can you find out if there is any finance still owing on it?

We are thinking that buying privately from another expat will give us a good deal but maybe not? Is this risky? Should we buy from a dealer?

Thanks
Old Aug 6th 2007, 11:01 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Buy A Car in UAE

Originally Posted by larnie
What is the process for buying a car (cash) What should we be aware of?

Who is responsible for changing ownership and how is this done?
What about Registration and Warrant of fitness?
When is payment made? after ownwersip is changed?
How can you find out if there is any finance still owing on it?

We are thinking that buying privately from another expat will give us a good deal but maybe not? Is this risky? Should we buy from a dealer?

Thanks
In dubai what happens is you find the car you want, then you go with the owner to the car registration place, with your cash. A copy of your visa, and your insurance and then you transfer the car into your name. I am not too sure about how you check for outstanding credit but I have a feeling that is done at the registration place too. I have a friend in Al Ain who could help but she is out of the country at the minute which is no good to you.