Reload this Page >

British VPN/ IP address

British VPN/ IP address

Old Jan 21st 2011, 7:56 pm
Forum Regular

mamijaka is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: British VPN/ IP address

Originally Posted by Static
Yeah, Totally agree. VPN's are fantastic for so many reasons.

I've recently signed up with a Brilliant VPN service. If any of you want the details drop me a PM and i'll forward you the Information. Its really cheap too, around £3 a month
Hi Static, I am unsure how to PM you so just replying here. Kindly send me details of this VPN service please. thanks in advance
Old Jan 21st 2011, 10:59 pm
Just Joined

Static will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by mamijaka
Hi Static, I am unsure how to PM you so just replying here. Kindly send me details of this VPN service please. thanks in advance
Hey There,

I have been a subscriber of <snip>for six months.
Have been Fantastic the whole time.
I can watch BBC iPlayer and get cheap skype calls etc

<snip>

Last edited by Bob; Jan 22nd 2011 at 4:35 pm.
Old Jan 21st 2011, 11:26 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow Re: British VPN/ IP address

Rightyo....I really can't be arsed anymore.

If people publicly post vpn's in the ME section and they get blocked, you can all sort it out amongst yourselves.
Old Jan 22nd 2011, 7:19 am
Just Joined

Static will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Bob
Rightyo....I really can't be arsed anymore.

If people publicly post vpn's in the ME section and they get blocked, you can all sort it out amongst yourselves.
Bob, could you please remove the Link to the VPN as i dont want to cause any problems. If anybody needs the information, they can get in touch privately and i can forward it.
Old Jan 23rd 2011, 8:07 am
Just Joined

sarahkee is an unknown quantity at this point

If someone has one i would appreciate it if you could PM me.

thanks
Old Jan 29th 2011, 10:30 pm
Just Joined

x117a is an unknown quantity at this point

I have a good service that has been working for me for the past year. Completely unblocked in the Middle East. Works well with BBC iplayer and all UK Radio and TV, the only site doesn't work on in tvcatchup, but then these days it looks like no VPN does.

PM Me if you want the details.
Old Jan 29th 2011, 10:33 pm
Banned

twisty100 will become famous soon enough

I've always used www.***************** good service.
Old Jan 29th 2011, 11:28 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Old Jan 30th 2011, 4:44 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
Old Feb 5th 2011, 4:07 pm
Just Joined

Claire00zz is an unknown quantity at this point
Wink Re: British VPN/ IP address

Hi
I'm in Dubai and have just downloaded a British VPN and it is working okay but is very slow compared to regular internet connection. Is that normal?
Also I can't download anything from BBC iPlayer and if I try and watch anything "live" on iPlayer it pauses all the times and i see a white dotted circle... I'm with Du and on the 1MB package - is this the problem? Do I need to upgrade?
Also I have similar problems on 4od.
Would appreciate any advice. Thanks...
Old Feb 5th 2011, 5:21 pm
Just Joined

x117a is an unknown quantity at this point

Sounds like the connection via the VPN is just not fast enough. Try going to www.speedtest.net and run a speed test to a UK server without your VPN and then try it again with your VPN, if the speed difference is large then your VPN is oversubscribed and you need to look elsewhere.

If the performance is poor I can recommend a VPN that is working for me now and has so for the past year.

Also I found it's best to have at least 2Mb to live stream BBC Iplayer.
Old Feb 5th 2011, 5:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

archie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to behold

Claire,

I'm no expert, but a 1MB package will always struggle when you try to watch TV live, and adding a VPN is likely to make it worse. What you describe is normal when trying to watch iplayer etc on a slow connection. I'm in Abu Dhabi, but my colleagues who live in Dubai are always boasting about how much cheaper it is up there to get a faster internet connection - I'd suggest you upgrade!

"Archie"
Old Feb 6th 2011, 3:56 am
Forum Regular

Bungdit Din is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Claire00zz
Hi
I'm with Du and on the 1MB package - is this the problem? Do I need to upgrade?
Yes There's a speed test on the iPlayer site - click here to use it. It will test your streaming speed as well as your download speed. It recommends a minimum speed of 1.5 Mbps for streaming.

Since you only have a 1MB connection with Du then your actual effective streaming speed is probably going to be well under 1 Mbps, and with a VPN it will be even lower still

We have the maximum Du speed and most of the time iPlayer streaming is fine, but sometimes it isn't... it's just the way of the crappy broadband here... even though you're paying through the nose it doesn't mean you're actually getting what you're paying for all the time...
Old Feb 6th 2011, 4:46 am
Forum Regular

mamijaka is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
can you please help. if I want to send you a private message to help on buying the VPn I am about to do, how do I do that here? I am new to this and can't find the bit to PM you.
Secondly, I am anxious to know, if you can help, how long it will take for me to get internet connection in Al Ain. I get there inb 2 weeks time fromn London and would love to get internet in my apartment asap. any help will be much appreciated.
Originally Posted by Bungdit Din
Yes There's a speed test on the iPlayer site - click here to use it. It will test your streaming speed as well as your download speed. It recommends a minimum speed of 1.5 Mbps for streaming.

Since you only have a 1MB connection with Du then your actual effective streaming speed is probably going to be well under 1 Mbps, and with a VPN it will be even lower still

We have the maximum Du speed and most of the time iPlayer streaming is fine, but sometimes it isn't... it's just the way of the crappy broadband here... even though you're paying through the nose it doesn't mean you're actually getting what you're paying for all the time...
Old Feb 6th 2011, 5:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mamijaka
Hi,
can you please help. if I want to send you a private message to help on buying the VPn I am about to do, how do I do that here? I am new to this and can't find the bit to PM you.
Secondly, I am anxious to know, if you can help, how long it will take for me to get internet connection in Al Ain. I get there inb 2 weeks time fromn London and would love to get internet in my apartment asap. any help will be much appreciated.
expect it to take months and you won't be disappointed. It will probably take a week or so ONCE you have your visa...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.