Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

British full driving license in the KSA

British full driving license in the KSA

Old Aug 10th 2012, 1:46 pm
Just Joined

TheChemist is an unknown quantity at this point
Default British full driving license in the KSA

Do you need to issue a new KSA driving license, or are we allowed to drive using the British full license in the KSA
Old Aug 10th 2012, 3:14 pm
Forum Regular

goonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud of
Default Re: British full driving license in the KSA

Originally Posted by TheChemist
Do you need to issue a new KSA driving license, or are we allowed to drive using the British full license in the KSA
You need a KSA license. This is issued following a short series of tests and document stamping and ridiculous 5 minute practical test at a driving school. You need to submit your UK/EU license but this is returned with your KSA license and can be done in about half a day with assistance.

Good luck.
Old Aug 11th 2012, 7:30 am
Forum Regular

homersthirdnipple is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by goonerseba
You need a KSA license. This is issued following a short series of tests and document stamping and ridiculous 5 minute practical test at a driving school. You need to submit your UK/EU license but this is returned with your KSA license and can be done in about half a day with assistance.

Good luck.
We were taken to the driving test centre in Riyahd with our uk driving licences, after 1 hour we had a blood group test across the road, 1 hour later we had our Saudi Licence, no eyesight test, nothing.
We had one of our Saudi employees doing all the required arm waving and snarling, which was nice.
Hope this helps.
Old Aug 11th 2012, 9:01 am
Forum Regular

dragonladyoz is just really nicedragonladyoz is just really nicedragonladyoz is just really nicedragonladyoz is just really nicedragonladyoz is just really nicedragonladyoz is just really nicedragonladyoz is just really nicedragonladyoz is just really nicedragonladyoz is just really nicedragonladyoz is just really nicedragonladyoz is just really nice

Yes you need KSA licence - not so much to drive, really there are thousands of boys (literally, I saw one the other day about age 10) driving around without one - but you can't purchase a car if you don't have a KSA licence......
Old Aug 13th 2012, 9:05 am
Just Joined

TheChemist is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks guys, this is absolutely crazy I can imagine the number of accidents, the insurance companies must be going mad
Old Aug 14th 2012, 9:29 am
BE Forum Addict

hoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TheChemist
Thanks guys, this is absolutely crazy I can imagine the number of accidents, the insurance companies must be going mad
What Insurance ?................
Old Aug 14th 2012, 12:39 pm
Forum Regular

goonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by homersthirdnipple
We were taken to the driving test centre in Riyahd with our uk driving licences, after 1 hour we had a blood group test across the road, 1 hour later we had our Saudi Licence, no eyesight test, nothing.
We had one of our Saudi employees doing all the required arm waving and snarling, which was nice.
Hope this helps.
Yep - spot on Homer.

Did you take the practical driving test ??? On the day i was there it was a manual gearbox motor, you had to drive forwards approx 20 metres around a 90* bend, then reverse back the 20 metres to stop position.

Probably the funniest 2 hours waiting time I have ever had !! Talk about hilarious !!
Old Aug 24th 2012, 6:43 am
BE Enthusiast

MaserMan is an unknown quantity at this point

You usually find if you from the UK you will not be asked to take a test. I got my license in about 30 minutes. Although if you are not white the usual racist attitude kicks in.
Old Aug 28th 2012, 6:20 am
Forum Regular

homersthirdnipple is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by goonerseba
Yep - spot on Homer.

Did you take the practical driving test ??? On the day i was there it was a manual gearbox motor, you had to drive forwards approx 20 metres around a 90* bend, then reverse back the 20 metres to stop position.

Probably the funniest 2 hours waiting time I have ever had !! Talk about hilarious !!
Didn't have to take the practical test, actually the biggest test was crossing the road to get the blood test done, horrendous traffic.
Thought the funniest part was when they shout out peoples names and they all go rushing up to claim their prize, a taxi driver born every second, they all leave the building with huge gummy smiles. In the midst of all the rushing to the window malarkey I said to my colleague that his name had been called and he rushed up to the window like an excited puppy, he was pushing and shoving the asian chaps out of the way to get to the front, it was hillarious,of course his name had not been called, he is just gullable, I was sat in my chair pishing myself, well he,s a tool and he deserved it. Hee hee.