briklay

Old Oct 12th 2008, 3:37 am
Just Joined

briklay is an unknown quantity at this point
Default briklay

Hi there,is there anyone who can tell me if there is much work for brickies in dubai,any reply's would be appreciated
Old Oct 12th 2008, 4:07 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: briklay

yes there is.....

if you fancy living 80 to a villa and recieve a salary of approx 100GBP per month.

go for it..
Old Oct 12th 2008, 4:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by commander
yes there is.....

if you fancy living 80 to a villa and recieve a salary of approx 100GBP per month.

go for it..
GBP 100 per month??

When did all these manual labourers and construction workers get such a huge pay rise???
Old Oct 12th 2008, 5:37 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by briklay
Hi there,is there anyone who can tell me if there is much work for brickies in dubai,any reply's would be appreciated
Thanks commander,I thought that might be the case ,I can imagine the state of the brickwork and the time it takes to to do it
Old Oct 12th 2008, 6:25 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Incidentally, FWIW, I cannot recall having seen too many structures over here built of bricks...mostly steel and reinforced concrete.
Old Oct 12th 2008, 7:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Bonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by lionheart
Incidentally, FWIW, I cannot recall having seen too many structures over here built of bricks...mostly steel and reinforced concrete.
Yes, mainly cladding on concrete/steel frames for the high rises. Elsewhere, blockwork with plaster finish. Not much traditional brickwork.

If you are 'hands on' then Canada/ Oz/ NZ are probably better bets - blockwork in the ME is done by Asian workers being paid marginally more than they could earn back home - less various extras which they don't find out about until after they have signed up.

Management only in the ME these days I'm afraid.
Old Oct 12th 2008, 10:56 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Bonny Boy
Yes, mainly cladding on concrete/steel frames for the high rises. Elsewhere, blockwork with plaster finish. Not much traditional brickwork.

If you are 'hands on' then Canada/ Oz/ NZ are probably better bets - blockwork in the ME is done by Asian workers being paid marginally more than they could earn back home - less various extras which they don't find out about until after they have signed up.

Management only in the ME these days I'm afraid.
Thanks bonnyboy and lionheart,Im actually a subbie in west australia,and just looking at other options