Boycott Dubai

Old Nov 7th 2007, 1:15 pm

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Boycott Dubai

Originally Posted by shakh your bootie
But before you get all hoity-toity colonial superior about the British justice system all I can say is "Remember Stephen Lawrence".
Can we also remember Fred Carter, Mark Sharp, Annie Castle, PC Patrick Dunne, Philip Gosling, Emmanuel Hand, Richard Everitt, Leslie Watkinson, Frank Dempsey, PC Philip Walters, Thomas KIdd, Michael Dooher, Ted Howell, Danny Westmacott, Andrew Steventon, Elizabeth Pinhorn, Nina MacKay, Louie Wade, James McParland, Brian Harvey, Peter Harvey, Winifred Sills, Elizabeth Amlot, Daisy Fenton, Ross Parker, Gavin Hopley, Kriss Donald and the other victims of racially motivated murder in the UK?

N.
Old Nov 7th 2007, 1:23 pm
Forum Regular

maranelloman is a name known to allmaranelloman is a name known to allmaranelloman is a name known to allmaranelloman is a name known to allmaranelloman is a name known to allmaranelloman is a name known to allmaranelloman is a name known to allmaranelloman is a name known to allmaranelloman is a name known to allmaranelloman is a name known to allmaranelloman is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Norm_uk
Can we also remember Fred Carter, Mark Sharp, Annie Castle, PC Patrick Dunne, Philip Gosling, Emmanuel Hand, Richard Everitt, Leslie Watkinson, Frank Dempsey, PC Philip Walters, Thomas KIdd, Michael Dooher, Ted Howell, Danny Westmacott, Andrew Steventon, Elizabeth Pinhorn, Nina MacKay, Louie Wade, James McParland, Brian Harvey, Peter Harvey, Winifred Sills, Elizabeth Amlot, Daisy Fenton, Ross Parker, Gavin Hopley, Kriss Donald and the other victims of racially motivated murder in the UK?

N.
I dont think PC Philips murder was racial. He was shot whilst on duty attending a domestic event.
Old Nov 7th 2007, 4:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Grace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond repute

The end-game is that the racist thugs that killed Stephen are still walking the streets of Eltham, the bastards that raped Alexandre are still walking the streets of Dubai.

Where, then, is the difference?

I think the difference is that here in the UAE rape is very strangely recognised and in the event of male rap not recognised at all. The vicitms can become the criminal and the treatmen they are given during their ordeals as i have stated in my earlier posts.

There is no victim support and most victims are often pressurised into not taking their cases further or offered "Blood Money" to go away.

The government does not seem to be doing much about it. Its been going on for years and they just seem to ignore it

It just gets a little annoying when you see these marketing campaigns that Dubai do ie the city that cares????

Or the tourist campaigns that show the UAE as disney world where there is no crime and everyone is in happy land

I think this is what most people cant get their heads around
Old Nov 7th 2007, 10:15 pm
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Disgraceful, but not surprising.
Old Nov 8th 2007, 2:25 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

This is a list of confirmed cases of deaths of racial minorities whilst under police custody in the UK in the last 30 odd years. Source, the Institute of Race Relations.
Seems you omitted some details to favor your point ..

Deaths in police, prison and psychiatric custody since 1978. We list below those deaths of black and minority ethnic individuals which have taken place in prison, police or hospital custody and which have given rise to concern because of unexplained or mysterious circumstances surrounding those deaths and / or allegations of maltreatment, dereliction of duty or brutality.

and rule 7 would apply here
Old Nov 8th 2007, 4:02 am
Forum Regular

RitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to all

Originally Posted by annacarna
I think the difference is that here in the UAE rape is very strangely recognised and in the event of male rap not recognised at all. The vicitms can become the criminal and the treatmen they are given during their ordeals as i have stated in my earlier posts.

There is no victim support and most victims are often pressurised into not taking their cases further or offered "Blood Money" to go away.

The government does not seem to be doing much about it. Its been going on for years and they just seem to ignore it

It just gets a little annoying when you see these marketing campaigns that Dubai do ie the city that cares????

Or the tourist campaigns that show the UAE as disney world where there is no crime and everyone is in happy land

Article in 7 Days today about this seems to contradict what you're saying, perhaps they really are changing or is it just propaganda?
Old Nov 8th 2007, 4:55 am
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

'In response to outside pressure, the government has outlawed the use of children as camel jockeys and now uses robots to pilot camels in the traditional Bedouin races still held here. Dubai also closed down two of its most notorious brothels that had given the city a reputation as the region’s sex hub.'

I thought Cyclone was a nightclub
Old Nov 8th 2007, 6:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Grace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RitchieD
Article in 7 Days today about this seems to contradict what you're saying, perhaps they really are changing or is it just propaganda?
Dont think propaganda, good intentions..... maybe

They just dont seem to be able to get their act together when comes to the law here.
Old Nov 8th 2007, 6:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NorthernLad
hahaha...well that's what they all told their wives anyway...

MM, xx
Old Nov 8th 2007, 9:50 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by maranelloman
I dont think PC Philips murder was racial. He was shot whilst on duty attending a domestic event.
Perhaps you're right there...he was shot by an illigal immigrant whilst trying to arrest him. The murderer had several fake IDs and was cleared of murder and given 10 years for manslaughter and 8 for firearms offences.

Either way it's quite tragic and highlights how we have no real control over immigration in the UK...if we did PC Philips would still be alive today.

Dubai at least retina scans many people coming in now so it's much easier to track criminals and visa dodgers.

N.
Old Nov 8th 2007, 10:01 am

Originally Posted by NorthernLad
'In response to outside pressure, the government has outlawed the use of children as camel jockeys and now uses robots to pilot camels in the traditional Bedouin races still held here. Dubai also closed down two of its most notorious brothels that had given the city a reputation as the region’s sex hub.'

Perhaps more outside pressure will stop women who get pregnant outside of wedlock from being arrested (and in some cases their children being taken from them). Maybe one day outside pressure will prevent discrimination against unmarried couples and homosexuals too.

...perhaps when pigs fly and the price of bacon goes up!

I never heard of brothels here...just the clubs and bars filled to the brim with hookers. I guess organised crime and forcing women into prostitution is better than the infidel solutions of say the Dutch, where only consenting adults who pay taxes can engage in prostitution...

N.
Old Nov 8th 2007, 10:05 am

Originally Posted by annacarna

There's no simple and easy way to comment or solve this complex issue. It could be a combination of laziness, local and Islamic culture, and perhaps some corruption or shady behind the scenes sort of thing.

The fact remains though that their interpretation Islamic laws are being applied to people who are not Muslims and who come from secular countries...that's something I think that will need to be addressed. How long can they go on condeming unmarried couples and homosexuality? Dubai City that cares does often only seem to apply to caring for locals and expats who have wasta....otherwise sorry you're just screwed no matter how much you contribute to the society.

N.
Old Nov 8th 2007, 11:04 am
Forum Regular

maranelloman is a name known to allmaranelloman is a name known to allmaranelloman is a name known to allmaranelloman is a name known to allmaranelloman is a name known to allmaranelloman is a name known to allmaranelloman is a name known to allmaranelloman is a name known to allmaranelloman is a name known to allmaranelloman is a name known to allmaranelloman is a name known to all

From the BBC

The two adult defendants could face life imprisonment or the death penalty if convicted. The third defendant could face 10 years imprisonment if convicted by a juvenile court.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/7084593.stm

Lets hope the bastards get the death penalty.
Old Nov 8th 2007, 11:09 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Norm_uk
I never heard of brothels here...just the clubs and bars filled to the brim with hookers. I guess organised crime and forcing women into prostitution is better than the infidel solutions of say the Dutch, where only consenting adults who pay taxes can engage in prostitution...

N.
come again...
Old Nov 8th 2007, 11:23 am
BE Forum Addict

jvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by maranelloman
From the BBC

The two adult defendants could face life imprisonment or the death penalty if convicted. The third defendant could face 10 years imprisonment if convicted by a juvenile court.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/7084593.stm

Lets hope the bastards get the death penalty.
No, let's hope they get a fair trial and that this serves as a catalyst to change the entire system from top to bottom until when we have a Paxman-equivalent on Emirates News challenging the Chief of Police over the handling of every aspect of the case - and that these particular criminals are not made an example of as a sticky plaster for the country's image before going back to the current attitude towards law enforcement...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.