British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   Boozy Dhow trip in Doha (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/boozy-dhow-trip-doha-758562/)

britexpat76 May 17th 2012 10:36 am

Boozy Dhow trip in Doha

There is one here and my google skills have failed. Does anyone know the details at all?? I feel the need to do something different tomorrow.

co durham boy May 17th 2012 10:52 am

Re: Boozy Dhow trip in Doha

Originally Posted by britexpat76 (Post 10066338)
There is one here and my google skills have failed. Does anyone know the details at all?? I feel the need to do something different tomorrow.

Bit warm for that mate , you're better off slurping a few Stellas in The Belgian Beer Cafe ;)

To answer your question though i think they are available but you have to hire the boat and bring your own booze mate

britexpat76 May 17th 2012 10:57 am

Originally Posted by co durham boy (Post 10066363)
Bit warm for that mate , you're better off slurping a few Stellas in The Belgian Beer Cafe ;)

To answer your question though i think they are available but you have to hire the boat and bring your own booze mate

I have company through the day who cant drink too much owing to work at 7pm, else I would do BBC or a brunch. Thought a dhow trip would tick 2 boxes, she can look at the scenery whilst I get smashed on luke warm cans of beer. Did the Intercon last week, few beers on the beach was good. Maybe a cab to sealine?

scrubbedexpat141 May 17th 2012 11:33 am

Originally Posted by britexpat76 (Post 10066374)
I have company through the day who cant drink too much owing to work at 7pm, else I would do BBC or a brunch. Thought a dhow trip would tick 2 boxes, she can look at the scenery whilst I get smashed on luke warm cans of beer. Did the Intercon last week, few beers on the beach was good. Maybe a cab to sealine?

Ditch them and go to brunch alone.

britexpat76 May 17th 2012 11:36 am

That did cross my mind. Or order her the non booze package, but then I'm just encouraging her to get fat.

scrubbedexpat141 May 17th 2012 11:57 am

Originally Posted by britexpat76 (Post 10066455)
That did cross my mind. Or order her the non booze package, but then I'm just encouraging her to get fat.

Or dig in your drawers at home and find some man up tablets and tell her to get stuck in.

Jesus.

britexpat76 May 17th 2012 12:17 pm

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 10066488)
Or dig in your drawers at home and find some man up tablets and tell her to get stuck in.

Jesus.

Its early days Scamp, I am still painting the impression of being caring and sharing and genuinely interested in her, to which I get rewarded with late night bedroom olympics. Give it a week or 2 and I shall show my true, lad form.

scrubbedexpat141 May 17th 2012 12:21 pm

Originally Posted by britexpat76 (Post 10066528)
Its early days Scamp, I am still painting the impression of being caring and sharing and genuinely interested in her, to which I get rewarded with late night bedroom olympics. Give it a week or 2 and I shall show my true, lad form.

Can't work out if the 3rd and 2nd last words are a hint to the fact you follow a certain website or not...I'm hoping it means you do. If so, you're much higher in my estimations.

If she is working at 7pm, she much be an Air Hostess or a Barmaid. Either which way, they're easy like Saturday morning.

britexpat76 May 17th 2012 12:24 pm

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 10066536)
Can't work out if the 3rd and 2nd last words are a hint to the fact you follow a certain website or not...I'm hoping it means you do. If so, you're much higher in my estimations.

If she is working at 7pm, she much be an Air Hostess or a Barmaid. Either which way, they're easy like Saturday morning.

I am one of the founding members. She knows how to make a sandwich and her way around the kitchen my friend ;)

scrubbedexpat141 May 17th 2012 12:25 pm

Originally Posted by britexpat76 (Post 10066544)
I am one of the founding members. She knows how to make a sandwich and her way around the kitchen my friend ;)

I've been distracted recently by the photo's section. Feel like I'm letting myself down by not giving the written entries as much time.

My mrs ****ing hates it. Can spend ages on the app instead of listening to her.

mrblast May 17th 2012 12:27 pm

There are loads of different dhow trips each week. Have you tried looking on facebook? A few are announced on there.

kittycat1 May 17th 2012 12:29 pm

scamp- you really come across as a twat sometimes. and ive met you and think your a nice enough bloke but im sat here shaking my head at you. If i didnt know you I'd have you down as an utter knob.

britexpat76 May 17th 2012 12:32 pm

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 10066536)

Neither mate, Think I would of waited for a second date with them?? 2 bellini's and bobs your uncle in the toilet cubicle - And they cannot make a sandwich.

This certain lady speaks 4 languages (Fluent) and works for the top man here (Not fluffing him) It's been a whole new set of challenges, and even if it is a falafel sandwich its not bad.

co durham boy May 17th 2012 12:32 pm

Originally Posted by kittycat1 (Post 10066552)
scamp- you really come across as a twat sometimes. and ive met you and think your a nice enough bloke but im sat here shaking my head at you. If i didnt know you I'd have you down as an utter knob.

Ha ha ha !

co durham boy May 17th 2012 12:34 pm

Originally Posted by britexpat76 (Post 10066557)
Neither mate, Think I would of waited for a second date with them?? 2 bellini's and bobs your uncle in the toilet cubicle - And they cannot make a sandwich.

This certain lady speaks 4 languages (Fluent) and works for the top man here (Not fluffing him) It's been a whole new set of challenges, and even if it is a falafel sandwich its not bad.

You've got it made , a bird who bends like a gymnast and can also make a killer Fatoush , plus knows how to mop a tiled floor ;)