Blood tests

Old Sep 2nd 2005, 1:08 pm
Just Joined

kieran is a jewel in the roughkieran is a jewel in the roughkieran is a jewel in the roughkieran is a jewel in the roughkieran is a jewel in the rough
Default Blood tests

Hi

I have heard somewhere that you have to have a blood test in order to obtain a residence visa. Is this true and if so what are they looking for?

Kieran
Old Sep 2nd 2005, 2:20 pm
A slow driver!

lillygirl is a splendid one to beholdlillygirl is a splendid one to beholdlillygirl is a splendid one to beholdlillygirl is a splendid one to beholdlillygirl is a splendid one to beholdlillygirl is a splendid one to beholdlillygirl is a splendid one to beholdlillygirl is a splendid one to beholdlillygirl is a splendid one to beholdlillygirl is a splendid one to beholdlillygirl is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Blood tests

Originally Posted by kieran
Hi

I have heard somewhere that you have to have a blood test in order to obtain a residence visa. Is this true and if so what are they looking for?

Kieran

It is true. Your company will send you for a blood test and a chest x-ray. They are checking for HIV and I think the x-ray is looking for TB.

You need them done before you get the all important stamp in your passport!
Old Sep 2nd 2005, 2:26 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lillygirl
It is true. Your company will send you for a blood test and a chest x-ray. They are checking for HIV and I think the x-ray is looking for TB.
Yup, HIV/AIDs and TB....but then most countries look for the same before giving out a visa.
Old Sep 2nd 2005, 2:38 pm
Just Joined

kieran is a jewel in the roughkieran is a jewel in the roughkieran is a jewel in the roughkieran is a jewel in the roughkieran is a jewel in the rough

ok, thanks

my main concern is my current flat-mate occasionally smokes some of his funny tobacco, my concern is that living with him I may have inhaled some which may show on a blood test

I understand that if this is the case its 4 years in jail.

I do not even know whether passive smoking would affect me in this instance but it is something I am very worried about.

Do you know at what stage they do the blood test?

Thanks
Old Sep 2nd 2005, 4:45 pm
Forum Regular

Sid2 is just really niceSid2 is just really niceSid2 is just really niceSid2 is just really niceSid2 is just really niceSid2 is just really niceSid2 is just really niceSid2 is just really niceSid2 is just really niceSid2 is just really niceSid2 is just really nice

Originally Posted by kieran
ok, thanks

my main concern is my current flat-mate occasionally smokes some of his funny tobacco, my concern is that living with him I may have inhaled some which may show on a blood test

I understand that if this is the case its 4 years in jail.

I do not even know whether passive smoking would affect me in this instance but it is something I am very worried about.

Do you know at what stage they do the blood test?

Thanks
The blood test is done prior to the stamping of the residence visa (or residence permit) in your passport & after you have entered the country on your employment visa. The medical test results have to included as part of the documentation for the residence visa.

As others have also pointed out, you do not need to be concerned at all regarding the blood test. The test is only for infectious diseases (Hepatitis & AIDS).

The Police will only do a blood test for drugs as part of a criminal case. For example, if they discover banned drugs in a person's possession or have received information that he or she is using such drugs in the Emirates.
Old Sep 2nd 2005, 4:53 pm
Up in the air

Jammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond repute

Depending on whether or not they have upgraded their equipment for testing please note.

Cannabis is evident for up to 30 days after smoking.

Cocaine will show up for up to 5 days after snorting

Speed about the same..up to 5 days.

Please note, these times depend on what equipment they are currently using.

There have been cases involving police pinning people to the ground and drawing blood for testing based purely on anonymous tip offs.
Old Sep 2nd 2005, 5:16 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jammy_Dodgers

Cannabis is evident for up to 30 days after smoking.
It's 6 weeks in the blood...but trace can be found upto 3 months if they do a hair sample....
Old Sep 2nd 2005, 5:52 pm
Forum Regular

Sid2 is just really niceSid2 is just really niceSid2 is just really niceSid2 is just really niceSid2 is just really niceSid2 is just really niceSid2 is just really niceSid2 is just really niceSid2 is just really niceSid2 is just really niceSid2 is just really nice

There have been cases involving police pinning people to the ground and drawing blood for testing based purely on anonymous tip offs.
First, I tried to scare Kieran with stories of lashings for adultery :-) & now you're trying to scare him with stories of GBH for drug-use.

All the drug cases I've read about in the newspapers involve people either bringing drugs into the country or being in possession in the Emirates. For example, here ....

http://www.gulfnews.com/Articles/Nat...ticleID=172600

The Police searched the person's flat first & then did the tests after discovering the stash.

While the legal system here is convoluted, I don't think they would charge you for a crime that you committed many months ago, on foreign soil, before entering the country, and without any hard evidence of a crime in the Emirates.

Anyway, why would anyone give an anonymous tip-off against Kieran (unless he's very quick in making enemies, and such enemies are aware of his old flat-mate)?
Old Sep 2nd 2005, 6:15 pm
Up in the air

Jammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sid2
First, I tried to scare Kieran with stories of lashings for adultery :-) & now you're trying to scare him with stories of GBH for drug-use.

All the drug cases I've read about in the newspapers involve people either bringing drugs into the country or being in possession in the Emirates. For example, here ....

http://www.gulfnews.com/Articles/Nat...ticleID=172600

The Police searched the person's flat first & then did the tests after discovering the stash.

While the legal system here is convoluted, I don't think they would charge you for a crime that you committed many months ago, on foreign soil, before entering the country, and without any hard evidence of a crime in the Emirates.

Anyway, why would anyone give an anonymous tip-off against Kieran (unless he's very quick in making enemies, and such enemies are aware of his old flat-mate)?

I can assure you that just because it is not in the newpapers does not mean it doesnt happen.

You would be surprised what goes on.
Old Sep 2nd 2005, 6:30 pm
Soupy twist

Eeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sid2
I don't think they would charge you for a crime that you committed many months ago, on foreign soil, before entering the country, and without any hard evidence of a crime in the Emirates
Isn't it the case that traces of a drug in the bloodstream count as possession under UAE law? In which case, a joint smoked in the UK *could* theoretically get you jailed in Dubai.
Old Sep 2nd 2005, 6:32 pm
Up in the air

Originally Posted by GarethR
Isn't it the case that traces of a drug in the bloodstream count as possession under UAE law? In which case, a joint smoked in the UK *could* theoretically get you jailed in Dubai.
Absolutely correct Gareth.

Even in your bloodstream they consider it as possesion...Goto Jail....do not collect £200..
Old Sep 2nd 2005, 6:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud of

Absolutely correct Gareth.

Even in your bloodstream they consider it as possesion...Goto Jail....do not collect £200..
Good evening Sir Gareth and Sir Jammy....
Old Sep 2nd 2005, 6:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by GarethR
Wasnt it the same with that British lady that they arrested in the airport on her way home for having traces of an illegal drug (medical drug that is) in her bloodstream....
Old Sep 2nd 2005, 6:59 pm
Soupy twist

Eeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shoushou
Wasnt it the same with that British lady that they arrested in the airport on her way home for having traces of an illegal drug (medical drug that is) in her bloodstream....
Yep - it was codeine, which she had been taking as a prescription painkiller, but which is illegal in the UAE. It was in her blood, so they did her for possession.

At least they let her out once it had been proved that she'd been officially prescribed it in the UK... took a ludicrously long time to obtain an Arabic translation of the evidence provided by her doctor in the UK, though.
Old Sep 2nd 2005, 8:16 pm
Forum Regular

barsha barbie has much to be proud ofbarsha barbie has much to be proud ofbarsha barbie has much to be proud ofbarsha barbie has much to be proud ofbarsha barbie has much to be proud ofbarsha barbie has much to be proud ofbarsha barbie has much to be proud ofbarsha barbie has much to be proud ofbarsha barbie has much to be proud ofbarsha barbie has much to be proud ofbarsha barbie has much to be proud of

this is all a bit crazy!

- if you havne't cut your hair for 8 years they can tell what was in your system 8 years ago, not just 3 months ago
- i don't honestly believe they pinned someone down in the street and took blood (believe you were joking JD ;-), how are you by the way! waxy's misses you!)
- they test hundreds of people a day - it all gets put into a bit mixing pot, if that 'batch' comes back with something dodgy you all get hauled in again! which could take weeks
- i'm starting to think that you're all taking the piss, windng the poor boy up and i'm the only sucker that's taken the bait!
- don't get me wrong, it's a serious issue here.

night

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.