Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

A blip or the start of something bigger

A blip or the start of something bigger

Old Jul 14th 2006, 8:46 am
Up in the air

Jammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A blip or the start of something bigger

Originally Posted by shoushou
If you'd said that,maybe....I don't think others would find it funny if I said that......
Virtue????That was over and done with since the 16th century......
Im not racist, Lebanese,Brits,Peruvians,Mongolians........i'd shag em all..
Old Jul 14th 2006, 9:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Jammy_Dodgers
Im not racist, Lebanese,Brits,Peruvians,Mongolians........i'd shag em all..
you're a lost cause....
Old Jul 14th 2006, 9:55 am
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

you're a lost cause....
Hello...you not talking to me?
Old Jul 14th 2006, 10:16 am
Up in the air

Jammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond repute

you're a lost cause....
LOL SS.............I know
Old Jul 15th 2006, 7:11 am
W10

Swap of arab prisoners in Israeli prisons????We have more than double that figure already in Syrian prisons...Why doesnt HA abduct Syrian soldiers as well????
Well we all know the answer to that...why would you kidnap the piper who calls your tune?

HA is doing Syria and Iran's dirty work for them, and I have nothing but contempt for them for giving Israel the excuse to come and attack.

However Israel are beneath contempt for their actions (in lebanon and gaza) which have killed scores of women and children. Is it any wonder why people hate them?

Old Jul 15th 2006, 9:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

YoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond repute

I just love how some folks (russian, EU etc) are coming out and saying that Israel in using a "disproportionate amount of force"... don't remember the same being said about the US "shock and awe" in Iraq.

At least Israel are firing at military targets (ie hezbollah offices)... it's just unfortunate that the people in charge of these targets (HA) deliberately place them close to civilian populations... like the centre of cities.

what is completely out of order is retalliation attacks on Israeli towns such as Tiberias... its a HOLIDAY destination ffs!!! Firing missiles at a holiday town full of civilians from all over the world (including a missionary friend of mine working for the Church of Scotland) is totally out of order and (IMO) Hizbollah deserve all that they get

Last edited by YoSemite; Jul 15th 2006 at 9:43 pm.
Old Jul 15th 2006, 10:33 pm
W10

I'll assume this is a wind-up.

But just in case it isn't...

1, You may realise that Beirut is a holiday town. It relies on tourism for most of its income.
2, You may realise that Beirut is more than 100km away from the border where Hezbollah staged their raid
3, You may realise that Hezbollah aren't the Lebanese government, nor do they represent the Lebanese people
4, You may one day realise that Beirut's international airport, towns in the north of the country which are very anti-Hezbollah and every single road in and out of the country are not military targets.
5, You may realise that Israel actually admitted yesterday (it is on record) that only 12 or so of the 150 targets it has hit have direct links to Hezbollah
6, You may realise that while the governments didn't say anything, the people of the world were very worried by shock and awe.
7, You may realise that so far Israel has managed to kill 80 plus civilians and less than half a dozen militants, and obviously can't tell the difference between a bunch of armed guerrillas and a group of women and children trying to flee the country.
8, You may realise that by completely dismantling the Lebanese infrastructure and destroying power stations, Israel is trapping millions of people (tourists as well) in the country, thereby creating a potential humanitarian disaster.

I could go on

Old Jul 16th 2006, 10:25 am
Trust Your Instincts.....

sassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by W10
I'll assume this is a wind-up.

But just in case it isn't...

1, You may realise that Beirut is a holiday town. It relies on tourism for most of its income.
2, You may realise that Beirut is more than 100km away from the border where Hezbollah staged their raid
3, You may realise that Hezbollah aren't the Lebanese government, nor do they represent the Lebanese people
4, You may one day realise that Beirut's international airport, towns in the north of the country which are very anti-Hezbollah and every single road in and out of the country are not military targets.
5, You may realise that Israel actually admitted yesterday (it is on record) that only 12 or so of the 150 targets it has hit have direct links to Hezbollah
6, You may realise that while the governments didn't say anything, the people of the world were very worried by shock and awe.
7, You may realise that so far Israel has managed to kill 80 plus civilians and less than half a dozen militants, and obviously can't tell the difference between a bunch of armed guerrillas and a group of women and children trying to flee the country.
8, You may realise that by completely dismantling the Lebanese infrastructure and destroying power stations, Israel is trapping millions of people (tourists as well) in the country, thereby creating a potential humanitarian disaster.

I could go on
Very Well put W10
Old Jul 17th 2006, 4:54 am
Remember

Desert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by YoSemite
At least Israel are firing at military targets (ie hezbollah offices)... it's just unfortunate that the people in charge of these targets (HA) deliberately place them close to civilian populations... like the centre of cities.
I didn't realize that Hezbollah had offices on the beach and on motorways.....