Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Best & Quickest Saudi Visa for family?

Best & Quickest Saudi Visa for family?

Old May 21st 2009, 11:27 am
Just Joined

AusTel is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Best & Quickest Saudi Visa for family?

Hi all,

My company, a global Telco, may be sending me to Saudi for a month or so for some work. It's not a new position, the team in Saudi lack resources and I was asked if I wanted to go there to fill the gap, so it's a temporary arrangement for one month. I am currently based in Australia.

I figure the Saudi branch will arrange for a business Visa (correct me if I am wrong) for myself. But what I wanted to know was, how do I get my family to accompany me - wife and 2 small children? I know that it's not so straight forward travelling to the M.E and especially Saudi with their strict visa requirements.

Also, I'm expected to be there 1st June and hence, don't have much time to apply for a visit visa or something for the family. What's the quickest way I can get my family there? Should I ask the Saudi branch to send 3 more business visas - even though I don't think either my wife or my 2 toddlers will be doing much business?

Thanks!
Old May 21st 2009, 12:08 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Best & Quickest Saudi Visa for family?

no need to take the wife and kids if it is just for a month? no point, there is nothing for them there .
Old May 21st 2009, 12:24 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
no need to take the wife and kids if it is just for a month? no point, there is nothing for them there .
I'd rather have them there and the Mrs wants to come too...
Old May 21st 2009, 12:38 pm
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

Unlikely, unless your employer is willing to pay for your iqama (residence). Without that, its a no go. You need residence before sponsoring your family.

They will not issue business visas for family members, coz its unlikely your GRO will manage to persuade the authorities that your wife and 2 kids are gonna be working for them as well...

You dont say where you are gonna be based, tho. If its the Eastern Province (Dammam, Khobar, Dhahran), a possibility is to take them to Bahrain, settle them in somewhere there and you cross the causeway every other night.....
Old May 21st 2009, 12:54 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AusTel
I'd rather have them there and the Mrs wants to come too...
has she been before or does she just not trust you .....

Old May 21st 2009, 12:56 pm
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Your employers will not pay for your family to join you so forget about it.
Old May 21st 2009, 1:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond repute

A choice between Saudi for a month or Australia really is a no-brainer - however much she loves you LOL

N
Old May 21st 2009, 1:42 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by TGFKASE
Unlikely, unless your employer is willing to pay for your iqama (residence). You dont say where you are gonna be based, tho.
Does a residence Visa take a lot longer to get processed? I presume it would...

I'll most likely be based in Riyadh.

has she been before or does she just not trust you .....
She grew up there and loves the place.....

[quote]Your employers will not pay for your family to join you so forget about it.[\quote]

That's what I would have thought, but it's happend before - another country though. They were desperate and I was ..
Old May 21st 2009, 1:43 pm
Concierge

I can't see it happening, not for a month
Old May 21st 2009, 2:18 pm
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=AusTel;7592366]Does a residence Visa take a lot longer to get processed? I presume it would...

I'll most likely be based in Riyadh.

She grew up there and loves the place.....

Your employers will not pay for your family to join you so forget about it.[\quote]

That's what I would have thought, but it's happend before - another country though. They were desperate and I was ..
Iqama would take around 3-4 weeks, and if you are there just for the month, unlikely they will want to go thru the hassle of getting it, just to cancel it....
Old May 21st 2009, 2:29 pm
Just Joined

Iqama would take around 3-4 weeks, and if you are there just for the month, unlikely they will want to go thru the hassle of getting it, just to cancel it....
Thanks. Yeah absolutely not worth the hassle if those are the time frames.
Old May 21st 2009, 3:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

nottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AusTel
Thanks. Yeah absolutely not worth the hassle if those are the time frames.
Absolutely. Iqama will take two weeks at the very earliest. Processing family visa applications takes place AFTER the iqama is issued, which will take a few days anyway.By the time that comes through, you'll be heading back after the one month.
Old May 22nd 2009, 4:42 am
Forum Regular

miuser2 is a jewel in the roughmiuser2 is a jewel in the roughmiuser2 is a jewel in the roughmiuser2 is a jewel in the rough

I have heard that it is possible to bring family in on a business visa (subject to the same 28 days limits etc), I have no idea if this is true or not but maybe worth checking.

Last edited by miuser2; May 22nd 2009 at 4:50 am.
Old May 22nd 2009, 7:59 am
The Brains

ray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to all

Unless your family are Moslem then technically Saudi is a closed country. You will not be able to apply for family visas. Your employer will need to do that.

I think you will find that by the time all the paperwork has been completed you will be on your way back home again.

The temperature will be about 43c and very unpleasant there. Your wife will not be able to go out by hereself without you unless you are going to be put in a compound with a pool etc.

For such a short period of time I would not suggest you even consider taking the family with you.
Old May 22nd 2009, 11:26 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by ray2gill
Unless your family are Moslem then technically Saudi is a closed country. You will not be able to apply for family visas. Your employer will need to do that.
Yes we are. Can you please elaborate further? Are other options/avenues available for muslims?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.