Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Best place to go for plane tickets?

Best place to go for plane tickets?

Old May 14th 2005, 9:35 am
Soupy twist

Eeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond repute
Default Best place to go for plane tickets?

Are there any specific travel agents or websites or whatever that are recommended for getting the best prices on plane tickets? So far I've only been checking out the official sites for the airlines themselves.
Old May 14th 2005, 9:48 am
W10

Default Re: Best place to go for plane tickets?

Originally Posted by GarethR
Are there any specific travel agents or websites or whatever that are recommended for getting the best prices on plane tickets? So far I've only been checking out the official sites for the airlines themselves.
I don't know of any locally based sites, but the British ones like Opodo seem to give the same sort of prices.

It's amazing how much it costs to go DXB-LHR and back than the other way round.

Old May 14th 2005, 9:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud of

Hello GarethR
You can try www.mytravelchannel.com ,they have great deals most of the time.Most of the carriers official sites give out the IATA fairs which are not a good deal whichever way you look at it.
And W10,thank you for the Opodo suggestion,will definitely give it a try really soon.

SS
Old May 14th 2005, 10:08 am
Premium Member

Truth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by W10
I don't know of any locally based sites, but the British ones like Opodo seem to give the same sort of prices.

You can save a fortune by getting London DXb London returns. Thats what we've done for the past 3 years. Ok, so we have three months between flights, the airlines don't care and the tickets are 30% cheaper.

Gulf air, 1500AED return at the mo from Dubai

trin
Old May 14th 2005, 10:09 am
Soupy twist

Eeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond repute

I've found that most of the sites offering the better-value fares won't allow you to buy air tickets unless you're using a credit card issued in the country in which the site is based... and there's no UAE site for the likes of Expedia...
Old May 14th 2005, 10:13 am
Soupy twist

Originally Posted by Truth Speak
Cheers TS - where do I find that fare? The Gulf Air website?
Old May 14th 2005, 10:21 am
W10

Originally Posted by Truth Speak
You can save a fortune by getting London DXb London returns. Thats what we've done for the past 3 years. Ok, so we have three months between flights, the airlines don't care and the tickets are 30% cheaper.

trin
Don't you have to start off in London first though?? Or book two flights??

If the Gulf Air price for DXB - London - DXB?

Old May 14th 2005, 10:32 am
Premium Member

Truth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by W10
Don't you have to start off in London first though?? Or book two flights??

If the Gulf Air price for DXB - London - DXB?
Its the Dxb, London, Dxb price
Old May 14th 2005, 10:39 am
W10

From an agent? website?

Old May 14th 2005, 11:17 am
TA5
Banned (Always Correct)

TA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by W10
From an agent? website?
Buy direct from the Agent at the DNATA building and you save all the taxes normally charged on a ticket.

Also, whoever said to buy DXB-Dest-DXB tickets instead of hte other way around is right. It is actually sometimes cheaper to buy a one way ticket here and buy the return leg once you are here as you save 15-25% on the ticket by not paying the state or country taxes. I know that my ticket, purchased here at the Dnata center, for DXB-Washington, DC-DXB (business class) is about 6000 dhs cheaper than buying it through the website.
Old May 14th 2005, 11:21 am
W10

Really...I've been finding it about 30% more expensive to fly from Dubai than from London

Thanks for the tip though I will pay Dnata a visit.

One for GarethR. Austrian Airlines are doing a deal...don't fly with them!! They fly 737-800s from Dubai to Vienna. It would be a nightmare journey!

I found cheap flights on the Gulf Air site, worked out about 350 quid return.

Old May 14th 2005, 11:32 am
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light

I can suggest a few Travel Agents that usually give you a good deal.

The Travel Market - Just ask 181 for the #.

Al Tayer Travels - 04 223 6000

and Gulf Air, who are offering return tickets to london for AED 1500.

Oh and as promised.....

u want the Deira Souk.
Old May 14th 2005, 5:07 pm
Soupy twist

Originally Posted by Face81
u want the Deira Souk.
Aha! I was bloody miles out! "Adjacent" my arse...

Cheers guv!
Old May 14th 2005, 5:20 pm
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light

Aha! I was bloody miles out! "Adjacent" my arse...

Cheers guv!
no worries buddy...... I try to help.
Old May 14th 2005, 6:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Palm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nice

Originally Posted by W10

It's amazing how much cheaper it is to fly DXB-ZHR (Zurich)-DXB than the other way round. I was paying for tickets for my parents to come over and was horrified at the price difference. Aparently people in Switzerland can afford to pay more I was told. I couldn't achieve a better price and nor would they let me pay from here.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.