British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   best place to book flights (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/best-place-book-flights-479392/)

fizzy Sep 6th 2007 1:19 pm

best place to book flights

Hi just wondered if any of you guys know the best place to book flights into dubai or abu dhabi tried the norm lastminute etc but be good to know if there is any I have missed cheers

Cham128 Sep 6th 2007 1:38 pm

Re: best place to book flights

Originally Posted by fizzy (Post 5280761)
Hi just wondered if any of you guys know the best place to book flights into dubai or abu dhabi tried the norm lastminute etc but be good to know if there is any I have missed cheers

to be honest you'll only get a variation of a few pounds normally... flights are always around £300-£350.... you could always try flying to another emirate and seeing how much that costs.

Personally I'd rather pay a few quid more and fly with emirates or virgin... the BA flight I took out there a couple of months ago was worse than the ryanair flight I took last week!

beebee Sep 6th 2007 2:55 pm

Originally Posted by fizzy (Post 5280761)

When I used to come here on holiday I used Airline Network.. my friend used it last time she came to stay here (June) She had a 2 hr stop over at Bahrain but the flight cost around £200

Eva Sep 6th 2007 2:59 pm

Try www.kayak.com

jvr20 Sep 10th 2007 4:36 am

Originally Posted by beebee (Post 5281079)
When I used to come here on holiday I used Airline Network.. my friend used it last time she came to stay here (June) She had a 2 hr stop over at Bahrain but the flight cost around £200

cheapest i've seen when i was looking back in Feb was GBP 186 on Qatar ex LHR/MAN

blokeindubai Sep 10th 2007 2:22 pm

I've always found the internet cheapest and either Virgin or Etihad seem to be the best for direct flights. For indirect Qatar or Lufthansa seem really cheap..

As advised previously ^^^ DO NOT FLY British Airways ! The last time I flew with them, I was given a sandwich (and a bad one at that) as my in-flight meal which is unacceptable for a 7hr flight.. also the ticket was 450+pounds.

Cham128 Sep 10th 2007 2:26 pm

Originally Posted by blokeindubai (Post 5294455)
I've always found the internet cheapest and either Virgin or Etihad seem to be the best for direct flights. For indirect Qatar or Lufthansa seem really cheap..

As advised previously ^^^ DO NOT FLY British Airways ! The last time I flew with them, I was given a sandwich (and a bad one at that) as my in-flight meal which is unacceptable for a 7hr flight.. also the ticket was 450+pounds.

wow i've never paid more than £350 for a BA flight over there...

Virgin are doing a september "special" for £299

Fairydust Sep 10th 2007 2:29 pm

Originally Posted by blokeindubai (Post 5294455)

I think you must have been asleep for the meal service then as all schedule airlines offer a hot meal for any flight over 3+ hours and in addition a snack (s/w) if longer

Cham128 Sep 10th 2007 2:37 pm

Originally Posted by Fairydust (Post 5294468)
I think you must have been asleep for the meal service then as all schedule airlines offer a hot meal for any flight over 3+ hours and in addition a snack (s/w) if longer

I've taken a BA flight to canada and our main meal was a sandwich also... was really nice though lol

Fairydust Sep 10th 2007 2:39 pm

Originally Posted by Cham128 (Post 5294489)
I've taken a BA flight to canada and our main meal was a sandwich also... was really nice though lol

OMG I really can't believe that I used to work for a UK charter co. and used to visit the catering unit regularly and thought that 3+ hours for a hot meal was the norm - maybe it depends on what time your flight is from UK???????

blokeindubai Sep 11th 2007 12:15 pm

Originally Posted by Fairydust (Post 5294468)

No I wasn't !
Apparently it was a new scheme that BA introduced (this was about 2 years ago)... "World's favourite Airline" my harse...

I've always had great service on Emirates but they're quite expensive.

By the way ALL air tickets booked from Dubai to UK are more expensive and booking in UK to come here..

Eva Sep 12th 2007 8:05 pm

Originally Posted by jvr20 (Post 5292981)
cheapest i've seen when i was looking back in Feb was GBP 186 on Qatar ex LHR/MAN

Via here there and everywhere....

oh that's a Beatles song!!!