Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

best place to book flights

best place to book flights

Old Sep 6th 2007, 1:19 pm
Forum Regular

fizzy is just really nicefizzy is just really nicefizzy is just really nicefizzy is just really nicefizzy is just really nicefizzy is just really nicefizzy is just really nicefizzy is just really nice
Default best place to book flights

Hi just wondered if any of you guys know the best place to book flights into dubai or abu dhabi tried the norm lastminute etc but be good to know if there is any I have missed cheers
Old Sep 6th 2007, 1:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Cham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: best place to book flights

Originally Posted by fizzy View Post
Hi just wondered if any of you guys know the best place to book flights into dubai or abu dhabi tried the norm lastminute etc but be good to know if there is any I have missed cheers
to be honest you'll only get a variation of a few pounds normally... flights are always around £300-£350.... you could always try flying to another emirate and seeing how much that costs.

Personally I'd rather pay a few quid more and fly with emirates or virgin... the BA flight I took out there a couple of months ago was worse than the ryanair flight I took last week!
Old Sep 6th 2007, 2:55 pm

beebee is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by fizzy View Post
When I used to come here on holiday I used Airline Network.. my friend used it last time she came to stay here (June) She had a 2 hr stop over at Bahrain but the flight cost around £200
Old Sep 6th 2007, 2:59 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

Try www.kayak.com
Old Sep 10th 2007, 4:36 am
BE Forum Addict

jvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by beebee View Post
When I used to come here on holiday I used Airline Network.. my friend used it last time she came to stay here (June) She had a 2 hr stop over at Bahrain but the flight cost around £200
cheapest i've seen when i was looking back in Feb was GBP 186 on Qatar ex LHR/MAN
Old Sep 10th 2007, 2:22 pm
Forum Regular

blokeindubai has a brilliant futureblokeindubai has a brilliant futureblokeindubai has a brilliant futureblokeindubai has a brilliant futureblokeindubai has a brilliant futureblokeindubai has a brilliant futureblokeindubai has a brilliant future

I've always found the internet cheapest and either Virgin or Etihad seem to be the best for direct flights. For indirect Qatar or Lufthansa seem really cheap..

As advised previously ^^^ DO NOT FLY British Airways ! The last time I flew with them, I was given a sandwich (and a bad one at that) as my in-flight meal which is unacceptable for a 7hr flight.. also the ticket was 450+pounds.
Old Sep 10th 2007, 2:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Cham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by blokeindubai View Post
I've always found the internet cheapest and either Virgin or Etihad seem to be the best for direct flights. For indirect Qatar or Lufthansa seem really cheap..

As advised previously ^^^ DO NOT FLY British Airways ! The last time I flew with them, I was given a sandwich (and a bad one at that) as my in-flight meal which is unacceptable for a 7hr flight.. also the ticket was 450+pounds.
wow i've never paid more than £350 for a BA flight over there...

Virgin are doing a september "special" for £299
Old Sep 10th 2007, 2:29 pm
Its all good

Fairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by blokeindubai View Post

I think you must have been asleep for the meal service then as all schedule airlines offer a hot meal for any flight over 3+ hours and in addition a snack (s/w) if longer
Old Sep 10th 2007, 2:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Fairydust View Post
I think you must have been asleep for the meal service then as all schedule airlines offer a hot meal for any flight over 3+ hours and in addition a snack (s/w) if longer
I've taken a BA flight to canada and our main meal was a sandwich also... was really nice though lol
Old Sep 10th 2007, 2:39 pm
Its all good

Fairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cham128 View Post
I've taken a BA flight to canada and our main meal was a sandwich also... was really nice though lol
OMG I really can't believe that I used to work for a UK charter co. and used to visit the catering unit regularly and thought that 3+ hours for a hot meal was the norm - maybe it depends on what time your flight is from UK???????
Old Sep 11th 2007, 12:15 pm
Forum Regular

blokeindubai has a brilliant futureblokeindubai has a brilliant futureblokeindubai has a brilliant futureblokeindubai has a brilliant futureblokeindubai has a brilliant futureblokeindubai has a brilliant futureblokeindubai has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Fairydust View Post
No I wasn't !
Apparently it was a new scheme that BA introduced (this was about 2 years ago)... "World's favourite Airline" my harse...

I've always had great service on Emirates but they're quite expensive.

By the way ALL air tickets booked from Dubai to UK are more expensive and booking in UK to come here..
Old Sep 12th 2007, 8:05 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jvr20 View Post
cheapest i've seen when i was looking back in Feb was GBP 186 on Qatar ex LHR/MAN
Via here there and everywhere....

oh that's a Beatles song!!!