Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

best month to by or sell property in Dubai?

best month to by or sell property in Dubai?

Old Jun 19th 2015, 8:16 am
BE Forum Addict

mission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: best month to by or sell property in Dubai?

Originally Posted by jacob88
Hey guys,

As a new Dubai citizen with a decent amount of ready investment, I wanted to know when is the best time to buy or sell properties in Dubai? I would love to see a professional and convincing answer rather than individual opinions.

Thanks
despite some of the negative comments, i am also looking into buying a property over here and have a couple of pre-approval mortgage applications in the process.....over the last 8 years that i have been here i have 'wasted' over £147k in rent money......i could have paid half a mortgage in that time had i brought here when i initially moved in 2008.

I know a number of people who have brought here, people living here and people who have invested over here, and from what i can see none of them are loosing out on any equity/bad investment.

For me, i see myself being here for quite some time and so it only makes sense to buy.....the only drawback is the initial down payment...as an expat the banks require 25% as a down payment, which on a property of approx AED 2m is a down payment of AED 500k/£87k which isn't chicken feed.

Many are against buying because they only see themselves being here for a short amount of time 2-5 yrs (if that). But anyone who sees themselves being here for a very long time, buying, i think would make sense.

And of course it goes without saying that you have to make sure you know all that is involved with buying ie what your rights will be etc.
Old Jun 22nd 2015, 8:20 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

UAE prepared for property price correction of up to 20 per cent this year, says S&P | The National

"Dubai’s property market is likely to drop in value by 10 to 20 per cent over the remainder of 2015 and early 2016, but its major players are in a better position to cope with this than in the previous crash of 2009, according to the ratings agency Standard & Poor’s (S&P)."
Old Jun 22nd 2015, 8:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow
UAE prepared for property price correction of up to 20 per cent this year, says S&P | The National

"Dubai’s property market is likely to drop in value by 10 to 20 per cent over the remainder of 2015 and early 2016, but its major players are in a better position to cope with this than in the previous crash of 2009, according to the ratings agency Standard & Poor’s (S&P)."
which means - 50% ... there is no such thing as a small drop in an emerging market.
Old Jun 22nd 2015, 8:58 am
Token Scandinavian Bloke

norsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse
which means - 50% ... there is no such thing as a small drop in an emerging market.
Also worth remembering that whilst it may be at least partly correct that the 'major players are in a better position to cope with this than in the previous crash of 2009' this doesn't mean they will not screw their customers.

it just means they won't have to ask the rich uncle up the road for help...
Old Jun 23rd 2015, 7:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Desert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really nice

Originally Posted by norsk
this doesn't mean they will not screw their customers.
In what way will the developers screw the customers?
Old Jun 23rd 2015, 8:00 am
Token Scandinavian Bloke

norsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Desert Shaikh
In what way will the developers screw the customers?
1. Take customers money
2. Cancel project
3. Tell customer; Sorry no money to refund you.

And please don't tell me the escrow facilities will help..
Old Jun 23rd 2015, 8:02 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

And not to mention how the big developers treat their suppliers and contractors. There are still payments owed to many companies that are years overdue. Whether they'll ever get paid is doubtful.
Old Jun 23rd 2015, 10:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Desert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really nice

Originally Posted by norsk
1. Take customers money
2. Cancel project
3. Tell customer; Sorry no money to refund you.

And please don't tell me the escrow facilities will help..
Got you :-)

Same as what happened during the last crisis.
Old Jun 23rd 2015, 10:22 am
BE Enthusiast

And not to mention how the big developers treat their suppliers and contractors. There are still payments owed to many companies that are years overdue. Whether they'll ever get paid is doubtful.
So all in all, we are expecing another s**t storm. Probably worse this time.
Old Jun 23rd 2015, 10:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Desert Shaikh
So all in all, we are expecing another s**t storm. Probably worse this time.
Not at all. There is a lot more equity in the market this time (and a lot less debt).
Old Jun 23rd 2015, 10:44 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

/
Not at all. There is a lot more equity in the market this time (and a lot less debt).
I thought a lot of property here was cash-bought?
Old Jun 23rd 2015, 12:23 pm
Bored liberal

Originally Posted by Scamp
/

Not all. Lots of expats with big mortgages.
Old Jun 23rd 2015, 1:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Scamp
/

that's basically what I said...

mortgages are not controlled to be 25% equity - have been for a while. which will soften the blow.
Old Jun 24th 2015, 7:17 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

that's basically what I said...

mortgages are not controlled to be 25% equity - have been for a while. which will soften the blow.
Yeah, I meant it as a kind of statement that I wanted to verify....if that makes sense.

Someone quoted some outrageous stats about how much %-wise of property was bought cash rather than mortgaged.

But I also see / hear lots of folk - as Meow said - with mortgages as expats etc.

Just sums up the bullshit parade that this place can be, imagine getting actual facts from a believable source eh?
Old Jun 24th 2015, 8:18 am
BE Forum Addict

mission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond repute

awesome.....I'm all for property prices coming down.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.