Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Best area to live in Dubai for condo's?

Best area to live in Dubai for condo's?

Old Dec 10th 2007, 5:01 pm
Just Joined

fsk9777 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Best area to live in Dubai for condo's?

We are moving to Dubai to start up the Middle East market for my boyfriends company and need to find the best, yet affordable place to live. We would like a condo, fitness, amenities, security...is this easy to find? Which area is the best to live?

We are working from home, but will need to be in close proximity to Hospitals and Mc Donalds...sounds odd, but yes!

I'm not familiar with the dirham currency but in USD do you know how much we would be looking at?

I hope I am still allowed on this forum, just to clarify I'm Canadian!!

Thanks!
Old Dec 10th 2007, 5:03 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Best area to live in Dubai for condo's?

whats the budget?

and tried searching the forums?
Old Dec 10th 2007, 5:27 pm
Just Joined

Well..that's the problem, we are in the initial stages of research. I am thinking not more than 2000 USD/month

Also, we would need a 1-2 bdrm.

We would be first time buyers..do you know how easy it is to buy, do they require 50% down ( i heard a rumor) would it be better to buy property, rather than rent?

Please excuse me, I'm young (no excuse) but perhaps not as experienced in moving to a foreign country!

Am searching the forum for more suggestions, as well!
Old Dec 10th 2007, 5:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fsk9777
Well..that's the problem, we are in the initial stages of research. I am thinking not more than 2000 USD/month

We would be first time buyers..do you know how easy it is to buy, do they require 50% down ( i heard a rumor) would it be better to buy property, rather than rent?

Please excuse me, I'm young (no excuse) but perhaps not as experienced in moving to a foreign country!

All the usual types are available in the drug stores and pharmacies in Dubai.

I usually buy Durex Featherlite, which are imported from the UK directly, but there are all the other kinds widely available. The flavoured ones are less easy to find, apparently because the Ministry of Health couldn't work out why they needed to be flavoured, and took ages to grant them the trade licences........
Old Dec 10th 2007, 5:52 pm
Just Joined

huh...haha..thanks for the tip.
Old Dec 10th 2007, 6:15 pm
Forum Regular

canukabroad is just really nicecanukabroad is just really nicecanukabroad is just really nicecanukabroad is just really nicecanukabroad is just really nicecanukabroad is just really nicecanukabroad is just really nicecanukabroad is just really nicecanukabroad is just really nice

hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

I've just fallen off my seat at the flavoured suggestion.

EXCELLENT!

fsk - search on the topics - you'll find a lot as I have done pre-move to the Middle East. I found that once I know enough from searching, you can ask more specific questions. People online here are really GREAT in helping.
Old Dec 10th 2007, 7:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

arbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Dean

I usually buy Durex Featherlite, which are imported from the UK directly, but there are all the other kinds widely available. The flavoured ones are less easy to find, apparently because the Ministry of Health couldn't work out why they needed to be flavoured, and took ages to grant them the trade licences........
Old Dec 10th 2007, 7:16 pm
Banned

Dubai_Chick has a reputation beyond reputeDubai_Chick has a reputation beyond reputeDubai_Chick has a reputation beyond reputeDubai_Chick has a reputation beyond reputeDubai_Chick has a reputation beyond reputeDubai_Chick has a reputation beyond reputeDubai_Chick has a reputation beyond reputeDubai_Chick has a reputation beyond reputeDubai_Chick has a reputation beyond reputeDubai_Chick has a reputation beyond reputeDubai_Chick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fsk9777

The down payments vary. If you are looking to buy a place which is built and ready to move into it can be anything from 10-20% depending on the lender. If you buy off plan then there are various stages when you need to make payments. You should first see if you like it here and take time to see which areas you would want to invest in. After spending 10 months on and off here I have decided to invest and so far have just looked at www.adcb.com for mortgage advice. You can work out your monthly repayments on there.
Old Dec 10th 2007, 7:23 pm
Forum Regular

B.Geezer has much to be proud ofB.Geezer has much to be proud ofB.Geezer has much to be proud ofB.Geezer has much to be proud ofB.Geezer has much to be proud ofB.Geezer has much to be proud ofB.Geezer has much to be proud ofB.Geezer has much to be proud ofB.Geezer has much to be proud ofB.Geezer has much to be proud ofB.Geezer has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by The Dean

That may be so but let me tell you, those extra large vindaloo flavoured ribbed taste bloody awful!
Old Dec 11th 2007, 4:03 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

it is illegal to trade from your home
Old Dec 11th 2007, 4:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Paidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
it is illegal to trade from your home
Think you need a special licence, but not sure of the criteria.
Old Dec 11th 2007, 4:12 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Paidtoplease
Think you need a special licence, but not sure of the criteria.
nope, looked into it recently and a friend of mine who is a hairdresser got a huge fine for living upstairs in his villa whilst trading downstairs
Old Dec 11th 2007, 4:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Paidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond repute

nope, looked into it recently and a friend of mine who is a hairdresser got a huge fine for living upstairs in his villa whilst trading downstairs
Ahhh well there you go, does it work if you get a local sponsor and licence ???
Old Dec 11th 2007, 4:18 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by Paidtoplease
Ahhh well there you go, does it work if you get a local sponsor and licence ???
to get a trade license you need to provide an office address - whether you use that address or not is a different matter! There are virtual offices in Emirates Towers if I remember rightly
Old Dec 11th 2007, 4:19 am
BE Forum Addict

to get a trade license you need to provide an office address - whether you use that address or not is a different matter! There are virtual offices in Emirates Towers if I remember rightly
Love It , Only In Dubai !!!

Do they come with Virtual receptionist and Tea Boy ???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.