Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Beirut travel insurance

Beirut travel insurance

Old Mar 16th 2011, 11:02 am
Forum Regular

fezzer is a glorious beacon of lightfezzer is a glorious beacon of lightfezzer is a glorious beacon of lightfezzer is a glorious beacon of lightfezzer is a glorious beacon of lightfezzer is a glorious beacon of lightfezzer is a glorious beacon of lightfezzer is a glorious beacon of lightfezzer is a glorious beacon of lightfezzer is a glorious beacon of lightfezzer is a glorious beacon of light
Default Beirut travel insurance

I've been persuaded to go on a weekend break to Beirut next month. All good, but i've noticed my travel insurance excludes the place, so i'll need to get some sort of top-up. Any advice for a one-off trip?
Old Mar 16th 2011, 12:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

jackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Beirut travel insurance

Originally Posted by fezzer
I've been persuaded to go on a weekend break to Beirut next month. All good, but i've noticed my travel insurance excludes the place, so i'll need to get some sort of top-up. Any advice for a one-off trip?
Don't bother! - Beirut is fine! I am going there every month from Baghdad - Would have never thought that I would be looking-forward to a trip to Beirut! - But in comparison to Baghdad, Beirut is 'Paradise!' Historic French Influence there too! Lebanon is very 'Cosmopolitan!' English is spoken almost everywhere!

I would suggest Hazmieh Rotana Hotel (They Pick-Up from BEY Airport, and have a desk in the Arrival Area) Great Drivers, and Staff at the Hotel too! -Nothing is too much trouble! They have 'Smoking Rooms' to the same standard as other rooms! - Ask for a room on the Main Road, as there is a 'Dog's Home' at the back, and Roadworks!

The Hotel is about 20 minutes from BEY Airport, and on the Eastern Side of the City. Taxis are cheap, but the 'Hotel Boys' are a little more expensive, but very reliable, and have new cars! (Nissan Altima) - Otherwise, you could find yourself in a 1979 Renault 18! - Or even worse, a New Dacia from Romania!