Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

a beast on the loose!

a beast on the loose!

Old Mar 4th 2008, 10:02 am
Just Joined

RSee is just really niceRSee is just really niceRSee is just really niceRSee is just really niceRSee is just really niceRSee is just really niceRSee is just really niceRSee is just really nice
Default a beast on the loose!

things that make you go hmmmm...

http://www.khaleejtimes.com/DisplayA...ae_march81.xml

Search on for 'predator'
By Salah El Deberky (Our staff reporter)

3 March 2008

FUJAIRAH — Residents of Al Bidaiyya area in Fujairah are still in a state of panic and many of them reportedly armed are combing the desert area in search of the 'predator' that killed 70 sheep and goats in just one night.

Residents of the area confirmed that a lion cub had escaped from its owner last February, when he was on a visit to Al Wareeaa waterfalls.

They claimed it was that beast that had killed their cattle.
Old Mar 4th 2008, 10:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: a beast on the loose!

Originally Posted by RSee
things that make you go hmmmm...

http://www.khaleejtimes.com/DisplayA...ae_march81.xml

Search on for 'predator'
By Salah El Deberky (Our staff reporter)

3 March 2008

FUJAIRAH — Residents of Al Bidaiyya area in Fujairah are still in a state of panic and many of them reportedly armed are combing the desert area in search of the 'predator' that killed 70 sheep and goats in just one night.

Residents of the area confirmed that a lion cub had escaped from its owner last February, when he was on a visit to Al Wareeaa waterfalls.

They claimed it was that beast that had killed their cattle.
I would not be too incredulous. My Emirati comprades have told me tales in the past of friends of theirs that keep lions, panthers etc on their farms which are either let loose or escape and eat the livestock... I heard another tale of a monkey that was clubbed to death due to an unfortunate habit of defecating from roof-tops on passing villagers....
Old Mar 4th 2008, 10:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

I thought this was going to be about one of our female posters having a night out?
Old Mar 4th 2008, 11:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
I thought this was going to be about one of our female posters having a night out?
err...more like one of your boys nights out methinks...

MM, xx
Old Mar 4th 2008, 11:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
err...more like one of your boys nights out methinks...

MM, xx
that would be more like "Neutered cat on the Prowl"
Old Mar 4th 2008, 11:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

that would be more like "Neutered cat on the Prowl"
ohhh...?? that's not what i've heard...

MM, xx
Old Mar 4th 2008, 11:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ohhh...?? that's not what i've heard...

MM, xx
spill the beans! what happened after I left the last one?
Old Mar 4th 2008, 11:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spill the beans! what happened after I left the last one?
i was talking about you...!!!

MM, xx
Old Mar 4th 2008, 11:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

i was talking about you...!!!

MM, xx
I've been domesticated!
Old Mar 4th 2008, 1:21 pm
Just Joined

RSee is just really niceRSee is just really niceRSee is just really niceRSee is just really niceRSee is just really niceRSee is just really niceRSee is just really niceRSee is just really nice

Morals of the story....
1) keep your lion cubs on a short leash
2) keep you head down low if you are one of those folks who like to "play" with the sheep and goats in Fuji.
Old Mar 4th 2008, 5:35 pm
Forum Regular

madmidwife has much to be proud ofmadmidwife has much to be proud ofmadmidwife has much to be proud ofmadmidwife has much to be proud ofmadmidwife has much to be proud ofmadmidwife has much to be proud ofmadmidwife has much to be proud ofmadmidwife has much to be proud ofmadmidwife has much to be proud ofmadmidwife has much to be proud ofmadmidwife has much to be proud of

That will be me this past Saturday night - brill
Old Mar 4th 2008, 6:30 pm
W10

Originally Posted by shakh your bootie
I would not be too incredulous. My Emirati comprades have told me tales in the past of friends of theirs that keep lions, panthers etc on their farms which are either let loose or escape and eat the livestock... I heard another tale of a monkey that was clubbed to death due to an unfortunate habit of defecating from roof-tops on passing villagers....
Yeah but you imagine any lion being bothered to kill 70 things!!

They'd fall asleep after the first

Old Mar 5th 2008, 5:18 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

yup and in rak there is still an overwhelming majority that beleive in withcraft, jinns, spooky omanis, ghosts and things that go bump in the night........in a country thats delightfully insane they are all definately nuts up that way
Old Mar 5th 2008, 7:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shiva
yup and in rak there is still an overwhelming majority that beleive in withcraft, jinns, spooky omanis, ghosts and things that go bump in the night........in a country thats delightfully insane they are all definately nuts up that way
Not just in RAK, mate. Even here in Abu D I hear stories about the djinn, sheikhs with magical powers, minor miracle workers, curses and the eye of Fatima..... I find it quite charming, actually....
Old Mar 5th 2008, 7:10 am
W10

Where the new Barsha Mall is going to be there was a bunch of trees which they didn't knock down for ages because the construction workers claimed they were haunted.

They just bulldozed the areas around them, leaving them on a 15ft high pedestal.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.