Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Bateen Marina Resort Abu Dhabi

Bateen Marina Resort Abu Dhabi

Old Oct 11th 2008, 1:55 pm
Just Joined

cmhannan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Bateen Marina Resort Abu Dhabi

Does anyone know anything about the bungalows that are at the far end of Bateen Marina? The Marina is called the Bateen Marina Resort, but I can't find a website or any information about them. Are they holiday homes? Full time homes? Rentable?
Thanks
Old Oct 11th 2008, 6:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bateen Marina Resort Abu Dhabi

well they did have bungalows up there, but that was before they built the highrises there, i thought that they had knocked them down in order to build the high rises, and if they are still there, they will be knocked down soon as they are old, were old when i first came here 11 years ago and now i would say they are in the way and they will be very very very expensive, they were to live in before, but doubt it now unless you have very big pockets
Old Oct 12th 2008, 4:57 am
Just Joined

cmhannan is an unknown quantity at this point

Well, the bungalows are still there, at the very end of the harbour peninsular, after the dry moorings. They look in good nick despite being old. They looked occupied and there were families playing, etc. I am sure they will be knocked down when that area is developed, but for now they are there. Does anyone know exactly when that development will start? For the moment, that area must be one of the few parts of old Abu Dhabi left!
Old Oct 12th 2008, 1:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

pretty soon i believe
Old Oct 12th 2008, 4:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

benzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond repute

Don't bet on it.

The waterfront on the other side is being developed and a new marina built. I dive with one of the boat captains in the resort and he has no plans on moving and hasn't heard of any reason to do so.

If anything I can see it being at least 3 years off as I doubt the new waterfront will be complete before then and they need a functioning marina and boatyard in Bateen until that point.
Old Oct 12th 2008, 4:50 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by benzonar
Don't bet on it.

The waterfront on the other side is being developed and a new marina built. I dive with one of the boat captains in the resort and he has no plans on moving and hasn't heard of any reason to do so.

If anything I can see it being at least 3 years off as I doubt the new waterfront will be complete before then and they need a functioning marina and boatyard in Bateen until that point.

Yes, the Aldar/Ritz Carlton venture: new Marina, 128 room spa resort & luxury villas for sale to nationals.....supposed to
complete 2009.
Called Coconut Island and is opposite Intercon.
2009??? No way Jose.......