Banks....Again..

Old Jan 28th 2007, 6:20 am
Up in the air

Jammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond repute
Default Banks....Again..

I noticed that a few people were moaning about HSBC at the mo, whereas a little while ago people were saying they were quite good.

Im just about to open an account as soon as i get the all important residency visa and was wondering who you would recommend.

As i have to pay for my GCC travel (flights/hotels) then claim it back i need a bank with a decent credit card (flexible and low rates)

Someone said CBI were offering good rates, and also ABN Amro offer the traveller card thing with a reward scheme for frequent travellers.

Thoughts please
Old Jan 28th 2007, 6:27 am
Banned

GrecoRomano has much to be proud ofGrecoRomano has much to be proud ofGrecoRomano has much to be proud ofGrecoRomano has much to be proud ofGrecoRomano has much to be proud ofGrecoRomano has much to be proud ofGrecoRomano has much to be proud ofGrecoRomano has much to be proud ofGrecoRomano has much to be proud ofGrecoRomano has much to be proud ofGrecoRomano has much to be proud of
Default Re: Banks....Again..

Originally Posted by Jammy_Dodgers
I noticed that a few people were moaning about HSBC at the mo, whereas a little while ago people were saying they were quite good.

Im just about to open an account as soon as i get the all important residency visa and was wondering who you would recommend.

As i have to pay for my GCC travel (flights/hotels) then claim it back i need a bank with a decent credit card (flexible and low rates)

Someone said CBI were offering good rates, and also ABN Amro offer the traveller card thing with a reward scheme for frequent travellers.

Thoughts please
Lloyd TSB. Free for life, 0.99% per month. Otherwise, if you spend more than 10,000 dhs/month, RAK Titanium, again free for life, 1.12% but they give back up to 2% back in cash every months. Also check on the 7days archive, they did an excellent report on CC in Dubai.
Old Jan 28th 2007, 6:28 am
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

We're with MEbank and have no complaints. You can open the account without residency (savings account), you then get a ATM card and Internet banking.

Once you have residency take it and the account can be updated with current account, cheque book and credit card.

From my experience I'd stay away from HSBC (colleagues had a few problems with them too...like taking over 2 months to get Internet Banking working).
Old Jan 28th 2007, 7:03 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

DON'T GO TO ABN-AMRO (and this coming from a Dutch person who banked with them in Holland)....
We are happy with Lloyds.
Old Jan 28th 2007, 7:34 am
Up in the air

Jammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MataHari
DON'T GO TO ABN-AMRO (and this coming from a Dutch person who banked with them in Holland)....
We are happy with Lloyds.
Why not?..They come from a country that legalised drugs and prostitution..they cant be that bad !
Old Jan 28th 2007, 7:37 am
BE Forum Addict

IndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GrecoRomano
RAK Titanium, again free for life, 1.12% but they give back up to 2% back in cash every months
Would go with the above - very happy and no complaints. Also RAKBANk's customer service is better than most other banks.
Old Jan 28th 2007, 8:01 am
Banned

GrecoRomano has much to be proud ofGrecoRomano has much to be proud ofGrecoRomano has much to be proud ofGrecoRomano has much to be proud ofGrecoRomano has much to be proud ofGrecoRomano has much to be proud ofGrecoRomano has much to be proud ofGrecoRomano has much to be proud ofGrecoRomano has much to be proud ofGrecoRomano has much to be proud ofGrecoRomano has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by IndieGirl
Would go with the above - very happy and no complaints. Also RAKBANk's customer service is better than most other banks.
Agree. No citibank, no standard chartered, no abnamro, the more small and local, the better. The option of the Islamic banking should also be considered, though you just want to avoid Abu Dhabi Islamic Bank, for their own ammission they like to deal preferably with customers who have account movements above 1 M Dhs/month.
Old Jan 28th 2007, 3:44 pm
Pog mo thoin

Miss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond repute

I have banked with LLoyds for a couple of years here and 15yrs in the UK and would not recommend anyone else! You can also set up your offshore bank account from here and get online & phone banking.
Old Feb 1st 2007, 10:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Benson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to behold

Lloyd TSB. Free for life, 0.99% per month. Otherwise, if you spend more than 10,000 dhs/month, RAK Titanium, again free for life, 1.12% but they give back up to 2% back in cash every months. Also check on the 7days archive, they did an excellent report on CC in Dubai.
LloydsTSB you need to have min 5,000 in your account or they charge 75dhs.

MEbank you need an average of 3000 over the month or paid by TT into account or a credit card.

I am trying to start a pension and am thinking of LloydsTSB but the 5,000 min is a bit of pain when I would rather put that into the pension!
Old Feb 1st 2007, 10:50 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Benson
LloydsTSB you need to have min 5,000 in your account or they charge 75dhs.

MEbank you need an average of 3000 over the month or paid by TT into account or a credit card.

I am trying to start a pension and am thinking of LloydsTSB but the 5,000 min is a bit of pain when I would rather put that into the pension!
saving account. No minimum balance. Check it out.
Old Feb 1st 2007, 1:02 pm
Bishop John MightBe

MightBe has a reputation beyond reputeMightBe has a reputation beyond reputeMightBe has a reputation beyond reputeMightBe has a reputation beyond reputeMightBe has a reputation beyond reputeMightBe has a reputation beyond reputeMightBe has a reputation beyond reputeMightBe has a reputation beyond reputeMightBe has a reputation beyond reputeMightBe has a reputation beyond reputeMightBe has a reputation beyond repute

God gave you enough gifts,
Please spend some on the poor.

Be blessed my son
Old Feb 1st 2007, 1:57 pm
MJC
Lost in BE Cyberspace

MJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond repute

Anybody see this letter in 6 days?

ABN don't come out smelling of roses...

Neither do Lloyds for that matter
Old Feb 1st 2007, 3:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

IndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MJC
Anybody see this letter in 6 days?

ABN don't come out smelling of roses...

Neither do Lloyds for that matter
Jeez, and they were supposedly voted as the best in customer services amongst ALL banks ........anyway this survey was conducted by some unknown/sidey outfit

http://www.ameinfo.com/72256.html

RAKBANK isn't that bad - it is definitely better than the rest of the banks mentioned above.
Old Feb 1st 2007, 4:43 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by IndieGirl
Jeez, and they were supposedly voted as the best in customer services amongst ALL banks ........anyway this survey was conducted by some unknown/sidey outfit

http://www.ameinfo.com/72256.html

RAKBANK isn't that bad - it is definitely better than the rest of the banks mentioned above.
Rak is one of the best because is not too small, therefore capable to offer sophisticated services (try National Bank of Fujeirah, if you dare!) but still small enough to be considered truly "retail", and they seem to be serious with the debt collection issue, so try not to be on the wrong side!
Old Feb 25th 2007, 7:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Benson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to behold

saving account. No minimum balance. Check it out.
Aye no min balance for a savings account but you still need min 5000 in the current?