Banking Fraud

Old Feb 19th 2013, 8:55 pm
Banned

Desert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to behold
Default Banking Fraud

So in September 12 someone helped himself/herself to some of the money from my account. Several transactions were made in the US before I realized what was going on and stopped the ATM / Maestro card linked to my account. I duly lodged complaint form and stayed in touch with my account manager. So for a while he was saying that it is in process and these things take time, incha'allah. Recently he is saying that the relevant department responded in September (to whom??!! not to me for sure) that these were transactions done in the US. I can see that from the ****ing statement, that's some investigation dummies. So I gave passport copy with all stamps and got HR to print visa records from gov't website for enter / exit which clearly shows I was in KSA when the transactions were made. Still they are saying I did them. This level of reality-ignoring idiocy and calf-like stubborn stupidity is nothing new. So I asked to escalate this but I am not being given names of department or customer service manager by my account manager. I will dig out myself and escalate this. It's a couple of thousand Riyal nothing that will make me poor but I will not let it go, obviously.

Anyone else had anything similar? Any advice?

I reckon the region is rife with this kind of thing and bank employees are in it. I have cancelled all my local Credit / ATM cards. They won't screw me again.
Old Feb 20th 2013, 1:06 am
Onwards and Upwards!

Johnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Banking Fraud

Write to your bank asking for a final decision under their complaints handling procedure within 14 days, then escalate the matter with Mastercard, asking them to honour their guarantee.
Old Feb 20th 2013, 4:36 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

My lady has just landed a job with a local bank - she was advised to take a credit card with a small amount (couple of thousand dirhams only) for making purchases online alongside her normal credit card because banks don't always honour their fraud agreements and she might lose a lot of dough.

When a bank you work for tells you that you know the place is rotten. I've just reduced my card limit in response to this...not worth the hassle.

N.

Last edited by Norm_uk; Feb 20th 2013 at 4:38 am.
Old Feb 20th 2013, 5:09 am

rowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Desert Dubliner;10555514]So in September 12 someone helped himself/herself to some of the money from my account. Several transactions were made in the US before I realized what was going on and stopped the ATM / Maestro card linked to my account. I duly lodged complaint form and stayed in touch with my account manager. So for a while he was saying that it is in process and these things take time, incha'allah. Recently he is saying that the relevant department responded in September (to whom??!! not to me for sure) that these were transactions done in the US. I can see that from the ****ing statement, that's some investigation dummies. So I gave passport copy with all stamps and got HR to print visa records from gov't website for enter / exit which clearly shows I was in KSA when the transactions were made. Still they are saying I did them. This level of reality-ignoring idiocy and calf-like stubborn stupidity is nothing new. So I asked to escalate this but I am not being given names of department or customer service manager by my account manager. I will dig out myself and escalate this. It's a couple of thousand Riyal nothing that will make me poor but I will not let it go, obviously.

I reckon the region is rife with this kind of thing and bank employees are in it. I have cancelled all my local Credit / ATM cards. They won't screw me

I had new card sent to me from HSBC it was sealed and delivered by courier, I didn't use it as went into hospital, after 2 weeks got text saying 4 transactions has taken place, contacted bank immediately who at first said it was my problem. Told them I had never used the card since delivery hence only 2 places seen it ie courier and the bank. 2 weeks later monies were refunded.
Old Feb 20th 2013, 5:18 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Desert Dubliner
So in September 12 someone helped himself/herself to some of the money from my account. Several transactions were made in the US before I realized what was going on and stopped the ATM / Maestro card linked to my account. I duly lodged complaint form and stayed in touch with my account manager. So for a while he was saying that it is in process and these things take time, incha'allah. Recently he is saying that the relevant department responded in September (to whom??!! not to me for sure) that these were transactions done in the US. I can see that from the ****ing statement, that's some investigation dummies. So I gave passport copy with all stamps and got HR to print visa records from gov't website for enter / exit which clearly shows I was in KSA when the transactions were made. Still they are saying I did them. This level of reality-ignoring idiocy and calf-like stubborn stupidity is nothing new. So I asked to escalate this but I am not being given names of department or customer service manager by my account manager. I will dig out myself and escalate this. It's a couple of thousand Riyal nothing that will make me poor but I will not let it go, obviously.

I reckon the region is rife with this kind of thing and bank employees are in it. I have cancelled all my local Credit / ATM cards. They won't screw me again.
You haven't said which bank this is? Generally banks state that there are 90 days for this to be investigated and provided it is fraud, the customer has all monies and charges refunded in full. (I note the 90 days have passed.)

I realise you are in KSA, but depending on the bank I may still be able to get someone to deal with it pronto.
Old Feb 20th 2013, 7:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

Not necessarily an inside job. Card readers have been used extensively by fraudsters everywhere to clone ATM cards and then make withdrawals.

I wish we still had a CASH ECONOMY, with bundles of paper money !
Old Feb 20th 2013, 7:18 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

I wish I had a card reader....... It would take the muppets years to catch on in KSA
Old Feb 20th 2013, 7:24 am
Banned

Desert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Meow
You haven't said which bank this is? Generally banks state that there are 90 days for this to be investigated and provided it is fraud, the customer has all monies and charges refunded in full. (I note the 90 days have passed.)

I realise you are in KSA, but depending on the bank I may still be able to get someone to deal with it pronto.
It's SHB.
Old Feb 20th 2013, 8:24 am

rowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scot47
Not necessarily an inside job. Card readers have been used extensively by fraudsters everywhere to clone ATM cards and then make withdrawals.

In my case def inside job as card was brand new never used before the fraudulant activity
Old Feb 20th 2013, 10:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

Point that out to them but I would not hold my breath waiting for my money back.
Old Feb 20th 2013, 11:16 am

Point that out to them but I would not hold my breath waiting for my money back.
If you read the earlier post I got my money back
Old Feb 20th 2013, 11:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AAh. Information overload. Time to clean my sensors.
Old Feb 20th 2013, 12:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Paracletus will become famous soon enoughParacletus will become famous soon enough

Some countries have debated removing cash full stop.

Fraud is still quite prevalent in countries with lesser digital transactions, like India. Not sure what is better..getting arrested with a false note or claiming back money from my bank..Though choice.
Old Feb 21st 2013, 5:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Beakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to behold

I got my card skimmed in the UK (Nat West) and I know where I used it last so identifying the culprit was easy. Luckily my bank stopped every single attempted withdrawal/payment before they went out. But then less than a month later I got a letter saying they had changed their rules on online fraud and they no longer cover customers.

If they want to go all digital given the state of reported fraud, and remove any protection for the customer, given peoples finances in this dragging on recession it could cause people to not just lose their homes, but be unable to feed their families. I don't like the way this is going.
Old Feb 21st 2013, 7:53 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

My ex decided to click on a link in an email. Within minutes our joint account (used for house bills) was emptied of the month's money.

Fair play to Lloyds though, it was back in within 24 hours.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.