Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

The ball is a rollin'

The ball is a rollin'

Old Oct 9th 2004, 6:38 am

Heart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond repute
Default The ball is a rollin'

Today I go and get my eyes tested and submit all the gumff for getting my permit... I shall be starting all beign well the first day of ramadan and I have heaps of experience I should only need 10 to 20 lessons.. With emirates

Keep yah posted and notification will go out in due coarse to give you all plenty of time to vacate the roads LOL
Old Oct 9th 2004, 7:51 am
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: The ball is a rollin'

Originally Posted by Heart of gold
Today I go and get my eyes tested and submit all the gumff for getting my permit... I shall be starting all beign well the first day of ramadan and I have heaps of experience I should only need 10 to 20 lessons.. With emirates

Keep yah posted and notification will go out in due coarse to give you all plenty of time to vacate the roads LOL
good luck........u will be driving like a nutter in no time. lol

-Face81
Old Oct 9th 2004, 10:09 am
Just Joined

youngman is an unknown quantity at this point

good luck!!
Old Oct 9th 2004, 1:50 pm
The 5th Amendment

joseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nice

I personally will be checking the Gulf News website to see if accident increase soon.... lol

i gotta get my license transferred into local license when i get there so gotta do the eye test as well...
Old Oct 9th 2004, 4:47 pm
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by joseph.creative
I personally will be checking the Gulf News website to see if accident increase soon.... lol

i gotta get my license transferred into local license when i get there so gotta do the eye test as well...

Poor Mickey........dont worry.....I have full faith in ur driving!

Not 2 worry bout the eye test Joe......its a breeze........just go to a an optician that registered with the Traffic Dept. and presto. Ur done.....quick and painless.

-Face81
Old Oct 9th 2004, 9:31 pm
The 5th Amendment

joseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nice

Originally Posted by Face81

Not 2 worry bout the eye test Joe......its a breeze........just go to a an optician that registered with the Traffic Dept. and presto. Ur done.....quick and painless.

-Face81
nah i know it is cool. Am going to the same place that Em uses for her optician's just up the SZR. so is sweet. just find it funny abiout the whole red tape crap!
Old Oct 10th 2004, 4:06 am

Heart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond repute

-Face81
Eye test costs Dhs 25, and all the guy did was make me look at the letter E in four different postions, up, down, to the left and to the right and then again twice with alternate eye covered each time ... strange though it would have been much more than that but yeap, its short and painless
Old Oct 10th 2004, 4:08 am

-Face81
So glad someone has faith,you may have a lift if you dont mind holding on .. Joe on the other hand can run along behind .. Lol!
Old Oct 10th 2004, 9:13 am
The Oracle

nah i know it is cool. Am going to the same place that Em uses for her optician's just up the SZR. so is sweet. just find it funny abiout the whole red tape crap!
Thats just the first step. Wait till u have to get ur car registered.......its a whole forest of red tape to get thru then!:scared:

And keep ur wallet handy when u go down to the traffic department........and no I dont mean so that u can bribe the coppers......its those "hidden" taxes that will have the fleas excaping from the confines of ur wallet when u r paying for all the crap that needs 2 b done. hahaha

Oh and b4 u whip out the calculator on ur cell, the eye test costs:
AED 25 = GBP 3.85

For ur interst, 1 GBP = AED 6.5

-Face81

Last edited by Face81; Oct 10th 2004 at 9:31 am.
Old Oct 10th 2004, 9:28 am
The Oracle

So glad someone has faith,you may have a lift if you dont mind holding on .. Joe on the other hand can run along behind .. Lol!
He can get to try out that sand skiing that he was going on about. hahaha

-Face81
Old Oct 10th 2004, 5:07 pm
The 5th Amendment

Eye test costs Dhs 25, and all the guy did was make me look at the letter E in four different postions, up, down, to the left and to the right and then again twice with alternate eye covered each time ... strange though it would have been much more than that but yeap, its short and painless
i have such a smutty mind.... care to elaborate Madame Gold?... now is that better?
Old Oct 10th 2004, 5:10 pm
The 5th Amendment

Thats just the first step. Wait till u have to get ur car registered.......its a whole forest of red tape to get thru then!:scared:

And keep ur wallet handy when u go down to the traffic department........and no I dont mean so that u can bribe the coppers......its those "hidden" taxes that will have the fleas excaping from the confines of ur wallet when u r paying for all the crap that needs 2 b done. hahaha

Oh and b4 u whip out the calculator on ur cell, the eye test costs:
AED 25 = GBP 3.85

For ur interst, 1 GBP = AED 6.5

-Face81
aha... checked the rates yesterday and it is 6.25 !!!! nah nah.

can we have a proper chat about this car crap when i get back as i need to sort out the Audi TT as soon as I can...

hmmm gonna talk back ur Horlicks now, madame HOG.... hmmm make me run... damn!

okay. Shiva is calling me now so will let you all know if he sounds normal or not!!! lolk

Mickey.. how is it going the the driving. worried yet and when is the test?
you will be fine!!!
Old Oct 11th 2004, 4:05 am

aha... checked the rates yesterday and it is 6.25 !!!! nah nah.

can we have a proper chat about this car crap when i get back as i need to sort out the Audi TT as soon as I can...

hmmm gonna talk back ur Horlicks now, madame HOG.... hmmm make me run... damn!

okay. Shiva is calling me now so will let you all know if he sounds normal or not!!! lolk

Mickey.. how is it going the the driving. worried yet and when is the test?
you will be fine!!!
Im paying for that Horlicks so be sure its in the bag, Joe! And yes I have my lessons booked but not sure wheather I should divulge such delicate information
Old Oct 11th 2004, 11:32 am

Ok, I promised fair warning to you all!!! Next Saturday I take the PLUNGE and have my first driving lesson! And Im not an ounce excited more bloody nervous than anything else ... sweaty palms just thinking about it ... :scared:
Old Oct 11th 2004, 11:35 am
Simply Brilliant

Cherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really nice

Ok, I promised fair warning to you all!!! Next Saturday I take the PLUNGE and have my first driving lesson! And Im not an ounce excited more bloody nervous than anything else ... sweaty palms just thinking about it ... :scared:
Have you never driven whilst in the UK? Are you a complete novice?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.