British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   bahrain - saudi (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/bahrain-saudi-540939/)

fefe76 Jun 3rd 2008 6:16 pm

bahrain - saudi

Is it possible to fly into Bahrain and drive (or get driven in my case as i am a female) across the causeway to Saudi without any hassles?
I will have a single entry visit visa for KSA

Also is it possible to change a single entry visit visa to a multiple entry one once i am in the Kingdom as i dont fancy the pains of the saudi visa procedure again as i and hubby will be going back home to Australia for a holiday soon and i would need another visit visa to come back into saudi

zuzu143 Jun 3rd 2008 7:06 pm

Re: bahrain - saudi

Originally Posted by fefe76 (Post 6431026)
Is it possible to fly into Bahrain and drive (or get driven in my case as i am a female) across the causeway to Saudi without any hassles?
I will have a single entry visit visa for KSA

Also is it possible to change a single entry visit visa to a multiple entry one once i am in the Kingdom as i dont fancy the pains of the saudi visa procedure again as i and hubby will be going back home to Australia for a holiday soon and i would need another visit visa to come back into saudi

Hi

I have flown to Bahrain and driven across the causeway into Saudi on a single entry Visa - I had no problems because I was given an invitation by a company.

The best thing would be to contact the KSA Embassy in your own country. There are issues to do with woman entering and leaving the country alone. I faced similar problems when my sister wanted to leave without me to travel to the UK.

If your husband is already in KSA his company should be able to arrange the approriate visa for you.

Ahmadj Jun 3rd 2008 8:40 pm

Originally Posted by fefe76 (Post 6431026)

NO WAY MA'AM.

seriously, you can't drive. You can take a bus or a taxi, and there should be no problems at all.

As for the multiple visa, your husband's company can do that.

Good luck

benzonar Jun 4th 2008 3:45 am

I always used to fly into Bahrain and get driven across into KSA. Where in KSA are you going?

If it is just Dhahran/Khobar area then I know a good company who always got me across with very few issues.

Alkadem
Owner is Ameer Yaqoob
Email: [email protected]

He always has his Blackberry with him so should be able to answer any questions. Used to charge 35 dinars (350 Riyals) for a one way trip.

fefe76 Jun 4th 2008 4:21 am

My husband will be picking me up in Bahrain so i will not be traveling alone

I just wanted to confirm I would be able to get across back home 2 Khobar without any issues

Good O since hubby and i will have a day out in Bahrain then head back to Khobar
:thumbsup:

camel jockey Jun 4th 2008 7:27 am

Originally Posted by fefe76 (Post 6432555)
My husband will be picking me up in Bahrain so i will not be traveling alone

I just wanted to confirm I would be able to get across back home 2 Khobar without any issues

Good O since hubby and i will have a day out in Bahrain then head back to Khobar
:thumbsup:

Make sure to get your multiple entry visa early on cause it is Saudi yanni.. and someone else might pop their clogs and everything will shut down.. or they just can't be a**ed to do their jobs!

It's no probs crossing the causeway but I wouldn't pay 35bd.. if your hubby has a saudi visa as well, can't he just pick you up from Dmm??

fefe76 Jun 4th 2008 7:47 am

i had a return ticket already which was to Bahrain as i crossed the causeway when i left Saudi and flew out of Bahrain not Saudi

so thought instead of buying another Bahrain - Dammam ticket (which is dumb as u pay so much for a 5 min air ride) i would just get hubby to come get me from Bahrain....

we will have a day out in bahrain then go to saudi

plus i wana have a few drinks b4 head back 2 the confines of KSA

lol

zuzu143 Jun 4th 2008 8:30 am

Originally Posted by fefe76 (Post 6432873)
i had a return ticket already which was to Bahrain as i crossed the causeway when i left Saudi and flew out of Bahrain not Saudi

so thought instead of buying another Bahrain - Dammam ticket (which is dumb as u pay so much for a 5 min air ride) i would just get hubby to come get me from Bahrain....

we will have a day out in bahrain then go to saudi

plus i wana have a few drinks b4 head back 2 the confines of KSA

lol

Yeah so whats your problem - you have already departed via Bahrain do the same for the return. No doubt your husband will have a multiplie entry visa.

Rather straight forward I would have thought - simple - Proper Visa = Mo Mushkilah - Incorrect visa = Mushkilah

fefe76 Jun 4th 2008 11:18 am

yeah was just checking coz saudis can be anal sometimes and dont wana drive up2 immigration from bahrain 2 saudi and they not let me in

tho hey staying in bahrain a few xtra days wudnt be a bad thing

zuzu143 Jun 4th 2008 12:20 pm

Originally Posted by fefe76 (Post 6433417)
yeah was just checking coz saudis can be anal sometimes and dont wana drive up2 immigration from bahrain 2 saudi and they not let me in

tho hey staying in bahrain a few xtra days wudnt be a bad thing

Anyone can be 'anal' the British the Americans and every other nationality there exists. I don't think the anal crown belongs to the Saudis rather I would say the Americans are the anal kings!

However back to your post - if you have the correct visa you should have no problems.