Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Bahrain - Family Needs Help

Bahrain - Family Needs Help

Old Apr 14th 2022, 2:40 pm
Just Joined

Zeroherobrighton is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Bahrain - Family Needs Help

We are a family of 4 - 2 adults and 2 small children. We never considered working in Bahrain but the opportunity has come along and we are totally lost. We are waiting to get a formal offer of work - but we know there will be a salary, an international private health insurance, flights every year and accommodation provided first year at a 3 bedroom apartment in a tower building and then cash if you decide to move.

We would need a nanny to look after one of our sons as he will not be school aged, the other one would go to school.

We have no idea, I mean we can not even picture living in Bahrain as we never ever contemplated it before.

I would appreciate info on living there as a family, activities etc as well as necessary salary - both wife and I will be working - we would aim to try to save at least one salary - This is what we were able to do in our last posting.

Also, trips and places one can visit from Bahrain and do flights to Europe have to pass through Dubai?

Thanks!
Old Apr 14th 2022, 9:26 pm
Forum Regular

ZeroCool_HTP is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Bahrain - Family Needs Help

Originally Posted by Zeroherobrighton
We are a family of 4 - 2 adults and 2 small children. We never considered working in Bahrain but the opportunity has come along and we are totally lost. We are waiting to get a formal offer of work - but we know there will be a salary, an international private health insurance, flights every year and accommodation provided first year at a 3 bedroom apartment in a tower building and then cash if you decide to move.

We would need a nanny to look after one of our sons as he will not be school aged, the other one would go to school.

We have no idea, I mean we can not even picture living in Bahrain as we never ever contemplated it before.

I would appreciate info on living there as a family, activities etc as well as necessary salary - both wife and I will be working - we would aim to try to save at least one salary - This is what we were able to do in our last posting.

Also, trips and places one can visit from Bahrain and do flights to Europe have to pass through Dubai?

Thanks!
Sounds like a good opportunity, anyone I know who has lived in Bahrain has loved it! There are regular BA/Gulf air flights to London. Im sure there are Gulf air flights to Paris and Frankfurt also.

Are they giving you an education allowance for your child? International schools are expensive, especially decent ones.
Old Apr 19th 2022, 9:47 am
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bahrain - Family Needs Help

In my opinion Bahrain is a great posting. Up there with Dubai/Abu Dhabi.

Plus they have Kebab Alley.

The Explorer Book was always a great source of info for new residents. Not sure if they're still going though - maybe source an old one from Amazon/eBay