bahrain??

Old Apr 16th 2008, 9:30 am
Just Joined

rob n lou is an unknown quantity at this point
Default bahrain??

hi there, hope someone can help. we have been given the opportunity to move to bahrain with my husbands job. can anyone tell me what its like?
Old Apr 16th 2008, 10:26 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: bahrain??

Nice and hot right now.
Old Apr 16th 2008, 10:46 am
BE Forum Addict

arbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

its slightly overcast by Manama
Old Apr 16th 2008, 10:48 am
BE Forum Addict

admon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart
Nice and hot right now.
Such a carefull, well thought out response..

I am sure we can do better than that. Come on guys..

My only advice would be to fly over for a week or two before making a decision, see if you like the feel of the place.
Old Apr 16th 2008, 10:50 am
BE Forum Addict

arbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by admon
Such a carefull, well thought out response..

I am sure we can do better than that. Come on guys..

My only advice would be to fly over for a week or two before making a decision, see if you like the feel of the place.
ok Mr nice guy
Old Apr 16th 2008, 10:58 am
Just Joined

thanks for that. it is really hard to get a good feel for the place a just wanted to know what others thought!
is it at all westernised ?
Old Apr 16th 2008, 11:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by rob n lou
thanks for that. it is really hard to get a good feel for the place a just wanted to know what others thought!
is it at all westernised ?
sorry, serious answer now,

yet it is westernised, but not to the N'th degree that Dubai is...

I would definately go for a visit....

Personally i like the place, it may not be to your liking thou hence the essential visit

good luck
Old Apr 16th 2008, 11:01 am
BE Enthusiast

Bonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud of

To give a better response, it is best if we know a bit more about yourselves.

What other countries have you visited / lived in? Bahrain is arguably the most westernised of the Gulf countries, eg you can just go in an off licence there, no permit required.
Old Apr 16th 2008, 11:04 am
Just Joined

well we have both travelled a lot, and i have lived aboad before (only europe though) but rob has not. think the thing which is worrying me most is that he will have to work 7 days a week, and i wont be working so really was wondering if there would be anything i could do.
we dont have children so there would be no links from schools etc. for a social scene.

how long have you all lived there?
thanks in advance for your help it is greatly apreciated!!
Old Apr 16th 2008, 11:12 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

why does he have to work 7 days a week? I wouldn't bother if that was the case.
Old Apr 16th 2008, 11:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Bonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud of

Well I'm in Dubai now, but spent about 4 of the last 10 years in Bahrain.

It's certainly nothing like Saudi or Kuwait in terms of restrictions a western expat of either sex may feel uncomfortable about. There are lots (and lots) of restaurants, hotels with associated bars and a few expat clubs eg british Club, Dilmun club - I'm sure they have web sites you can check out.

Manama does not have the big city feel of Dubai, more like a large town.
The one downside for me is that it is quite a small place, and so you can get a bit of a claustrophobic goldfish bowl effect after a while - but maybe that is just me.
Old Apr 16th 2008, 11:17 am
Just Joined

fab thanks for the help it is greta.

as for the 7 days a week, thats just the deal it seemed a bit odd to me but i thought it maybe was just the way there for construction?
Old Apr 16th 2008, 11:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Chris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rob n lou
fab thanks for the help it is greta.

as for the 7 days a week, thats just the deal it seemed a bit odd to me but i thought it maybe was just the way there for construction?
I work in the construction industry and am currently working 6 days a week and stupid hours! It seems the way it is over here. Just make sure he gets a good package to reflect the crap hours and days. The only reason we get Friday off is because it is against religious laws to work!!
Old Apr 16th 2008, 11:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Chris79
The only reason we get Friday off is because it is against religious laws to work!!
when it suits them
Old Apr 16th 2008, 11:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Chris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by arbroath_abroad
when it suits them
True! We've worked a few Fridays
Doesn't particulary bother me but I only get paid for 5 days!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.