Armed Guards

Old Apr 18th 2007, 5:19 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Armed Guards

http://www.gulfnews.com/nation/Polic.../10119103.html

Saw this in Gulf News this morning, interesting that the security company admits that the guards they employ are as much use as chocolate ashtrays!!!

Should we have armed guards in Dubai????
Old Apr 18th 2007, 5:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Armed Guards

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
http://www.gulfnews.com/nation/Polic.../10119103.html

Saw this in Gulf News this morning, interesting that the security company admits that the guards they employ are as much use as chocolate ashtrays!!!

Should we have armed guards in Dubai????
ooohhh...i quite fancy having my own armed guard!

Had one when I went to Macau for work once - totally unnecessary but very cool!

MM, xx
Old Apr 18th 2007, 5:32 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
ooohhh...i quite fancy having my own armed guard!

Had one when I went to Macau for work once - totally unnecessary but very cool!

MM, xx
Agreed but could you imagine if half the idiots here were given guns??? The security guards in Wafi probably directed the robbers to Graff!!!
Old Apr 18th 2007, 5:54 am
BE Forum Addict

arbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

no thanks.

I barely trust the police here to be sensible with weapons.

The day some barely educated numpty here is given a weapon legally, is the day that my Mrs and I will seriously consider leaving.

These people have a massive common sense deficiency, and therefore are in no way fit to carry a weapon.

About 10 years ago i assisted in training some of the Navy guys and i would not like ever to have to

a. depend on them
b. rely on them to make a correct decision under pressure
c. show restraint when required (put the americans in that bracket also right enough)
d. be anywhere remotely dangerous with these guys

And that is the armed forces, what chance have we got with old dileep from kerla who last week was a construction worker for Kansaheb behind the wheel of a nice AK-47

No thanks
Old Apr 18th 2007, 6:08 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by arbroath_abroad
no thanks.

I barely trust the police here to be sensible with weapons.

The day some barely educated numpty here is given a weapon legally, is the day that my Mrs and I will seriously consider leaving.

These people have a massive common sense deficiency, and therefore are in no way fit to carry a weapon.

About 10 years ago i assisted in training some of the Navy guys and i would not like ever to have to

a. depend on them
b. rely on them to make a correct decision under pressure
c. show restraint when required (put the americans in that bracket also right enough)
d. be anywhere remotely dangerous with these guys

And that is the armed forces, what chance have we got with old dileep from kerla who last week was a construction worker for Kansaheb behind the wheel of a nice AK-47

No thanks

I agree, it worries me when you see them in the airport, you just know that they haven't had any proper training. We have that fancy Police College but I wonder exactly what training they do get. I got broken into in my old villa, someone came through the back door. It was a small compound which was literally villa blocked - it had to be an inside job - there was no way anyone could have got in unless they were living on the compound. It was so obvious. The police came and said that someone had got into the front garden and climbed up the front, gone over the roof, down the other side and then come in the back door.

My reply to them "it must have been ****ing spiderman then!!!"

I later found out it was nextdoors houseboy.
Old Apr 18th 2007, 7:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

I agree, it worries me when you see them in the airport, you just know that they haven't had any proper training. We have that fancy Police College but I wonder exactly what training they do get. I got broken into in my old villa, someone came through the back door. It was a small compound which was literally villa blocked - it had to be an inside job - there was no way anyone could have got in unless they were living on the compound. It was so obvious. The police came and said that someone had got into the front garden and climbed up the front, gone over the roof, down the other side and then come in the back door.

Is the houseboy still alive???
Old Apr 18th 2007, 8:02 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by Confucius
Is the houseboy still alive???
I found out it was him after they moved!!! typical eh !
Old Apr 18th 2007, 9:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

I found out it was him after they moved!!! typical eh !
And you've been planning your revenge eversince...
Old Apr 18th 2007, 10:14 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by Confucius
And you've been planning your revenge eversince...
gave up after three years of hunting the streets and advertising in gulf news
Old Apr 18th 2007, 11:48 am
W10

I think you will find the armed police at the airport are pretty well trained.

Your case was not incompetence, its because they don't care (you are a Westerner) and can't be bothered to deal with it.

Personally I'd love to watch a bunch of guys earning Dh800 a month getting guns, might help the pay negotiations a long a little! And we might have a few people going postal in govt departments

Old Apr 18th 2007, 12:09 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by W10
I think you will find the armed police at the airport are pretty well trained.

Your case was not incompetence, its because they don't care (you are a Westerner) and can't be bothered to deal with it.

Personally I'd love to watch a bunch of guys earning Dh800 a month getting guns, might help the pay negotiations a long a little! And we might have a few people going postal in govt departments
your right W10, in the end the policeman said are you insured?? I said no, he just walked out !
Old Apr 24th 2007, 5:53 am
Concierge

http://www.gulfnews.com/nation/Polic.../10120417.html

today's gulf news, plain clothesed armed police officers in the malls, I don't like the sound of that
Old Apr 24th 2007, 6:05 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.gulfnews.com/nation/Polic.../10120417.html

today's gulf news, plain clothesed armed police officers in the malls, I don't like the sound of that
oh...I don't know...a man with a gun...hmmmm
Old Apr 24th 2007, 6:06 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

It will be sight though when he has to hoist up his dishdash to get to the gun...
Old Apr 24th 2007, 6:08 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by MataHari
It will be sight though when he has to hoist up his dishdash to get to the gun...
he might have a hole in his pocket, which will give away his plain clothes'd look!!! Still I don't like the thought of being caught up in something. Reminds me of London.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.