Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Arabic to English contract translation?

Arabic to English contract translation?

Old Dec 30th 2011, 4:26 pm
Just Joined

kates2787 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Arabic to English contract translation?

Hi,

Could anyone recommend a translator that could translate the Arabic part of my contract into English? I signed a 2 year contract with a local school in Dubai in September . I've not been very happy there and I have some job possibilities in the UK and Canada that start after the summer and I would really like to consider them, but I'm worried about breaking my contract. It is written in English and Arabic and it said I can give notice and pay them some money to get out of my contract but I've heard some horror stories about breaking contracts and being arrested and banned from UAE. I don't think I will work in the UAE again but I will visit as I travel regularly to Australia and tend to stop in Dubai, so don't want to have any legal issues hanging over me!

I know contract questions come up on these forums regularly and I have done my reading but I was wondering if anyone has experience of this or knows of a similar experience?

Thanks in advance for any help
Old Dec 31st 2011, 5:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Jim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Arabic to English contract translation?

Originally Posted by kates2787
Hi,

Could anyone recommend a translator that could translate the Arabic part of my contract into English? I signed a 2 year contract with a local school in Dubai in September . I've not been very happy there and I have some job possibilities in the UK and Canada that start after the summer and I would really like to consider them, but I'm worried about breaking my contract. It is written in English and Arabic and it said I can give notice and pay them some money to get out of my contract but I've heard some horror stories about breaking contracts and being arrested and banned from UAE. I don't think I will work in the UAE again but I will visit as I travel regularly to Australia and tend to stop in Dubai, so don't want to have any legal issues hanging over me!

I know contract questions come up on these forums regularly and I have done my reading but I was wondering if anyone has experience of this or knows of a similar experience?

Thanks in advance for any help
I have used a company just across the road from Ramada Hotel, Mankhoul St. Called something like The Arab Library for legal translation. They are approved by Govt/courts and some years back charged 100 Dhms/page. Believe they are still there but only a small sign in the doorway, but on 2nd/3rd floor. There used to be a watchman so you can ask him. It is the building with Choitrams on GF.
Good Luck.
Old Dec 31st 2011, 6:09 am
Just Joined

Ghazi1st is an unknown quantity at this point

It seems that you need an advocate opinion as regard your contract more than translating your contract. I think there is always a condition in most of contracts mentioning the preferrable language in case of any existing misunderstanding in the text of the contract. If it was in English, there won't be any need for a translation. All in all i believe such a matter of what you mentioned would be enough clear to be understood.
By the way sponsor can not it to a ban on the employee for ever there is always a limitation for every ban.
The most important point you should know that the ban is just put on employees, so when ever you visit the UAE later on as a visitor that ban should not affect you, because you entering the country with another category of entry.
Old Jan 12th 2012, 3:00 pm
Just Joined

kates2787 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the replies. I will look into getting an advocate opinion. Does anyone have any recommendations? I don't have lot of extra money so cheap and reliable would be great... ;-)