Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Arabian Ranches or The Springs

Arabian Ranches or The Springs

Old Dec 29th 2007, 12:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

expat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Arabian Ranches or The Springs

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
I honestly swear to god that people who live on the Ranches have developed wooden noses and turned into Pinocchio :
probably something in the water.. the horses are a bit funny as well..
Old Dec 29th 2007, 12:58 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by expat.brat
probably something in the water.. the horses are a bit funny as well..
why can't they just admit that they are actually 'out of it' and get one with it
Old Dec 29th 2007, 1:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

arbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by penny fowler
Hi,
Springs takes our friends up to 2 hours to get out in the mornings to work. .
2 words

bull shit

unless of course he/she is walking with a bad leg or driving a skoda
Old Dec 29th 2007, 1:28 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by arbroath_abroad
2 words

bull shit

unless of course he/she is walking with a bad leg or driving a skoda
I know I cut through the Lakes to get to the Marina and it only takes me 20 minutes
Old Dec 29th 2007, 1:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

arbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

I know I cut through the Lakes to get to the Marina and it only takes me 20 minutes

I leave Springs 2 at 0730 and am in my office by MOE by 0800. ALWAYS...

some people have great imaginations 2 hours WTF???
Old Dec 29th 2007, 1:38 pm
Concierge

it takes me 6 minutes to get from here to school
Old Dec 29th 2007, 1:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

IndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by penny fowler
Hi,
Wanted to chip in . there is a Traffic is a problem everywhere in Dubai..Springs takes our friends up to 2 hours to get out in the mornings to work.

The 2 hours is quite understandable........do your friends work in Abu Dhabi?
Old Dec 29th 2007, 1:57 pm
Just Joined

teejay has a brilliant futureteejay has a brilliant futureteejay has a brilliant futureteejay has a brilliant futureteejay has a brilliant futureteejay has a brilliant futureteejay has a brilliant future

Hello haven't posted very much or for a long time but have dragged myself away from my brain training. traveller IQ and Buz( and of course my family.)to add my comments- We live in the Springs- depends on traffic you're used to when you're discussing traffic jams. After 8 miles taking 40 mins on the Greenford Road on a bloody miserable dark morning it now takes me about 30 mins from us to near JumeiraH Beach Hotel at about 7 30 ish so less for you as it's the opp. direction. There's A complete mix of people- not many groups of young loud renters- but loads of couples/ with and without kids/ (sounds like kids aren't out of the bigger picture?) A.R seems very popular BUT the rounabout causes stress for nearly everyone I speak to- depends on how long you're planning to stay I guess. HTH
Old Dec 29th 2007, 2:04 pm
Forum Regular

alfro is just really nicealfro is just really nicealfro is just really nicealfro is just really nicealfro is just really nicealfro is just really nicealfro is just really nicealfro is just really nicealfro is just really nice

AA what about this overhead Power Cables thing? Is there anywhere in the Springs that these are a problem.. I honestly haven't noticed
Old Dec 29th 2007, 2:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by alfro
AA what about this overhead Power Cables thing? Is there anywhere in the Springs that these are a problem.. I honestly haven't noticed
they are only a 'problem' around the row of houses nearest al khail road. at best i would estimate it effects 0.1pc of all springs houses
Old Dec 29th 2007, 2:10 pm
Concierge

they are only a 'problem' around the row of houses nearest al khail road. at best i would estimate it effects 0.1pc of all springs houses
according to Emaar they cause no problems at all
Old Dec 29th 2007, 2:32 pm
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scarletfan
An apartment doesn't suit us, particularly as we are bringing our pet with us. What sort of people live in the springs and AR? At the moment, looking at the developers websites, AR seems to have the nicer layouts of the 2. therefore, we are tipping towards AR a bit more, although if anyone can estimate time to work (downtown Jebel Ali) from both places, that would be a great help.
Arabian Ranches can be a pain to get out of depending on the time of day. I generally leave at 7:30 and get to DIC in about 30 minutes. Getting back is generally 45 minutes.

The quality of the Arabian Ranches properties is far better than the few places in the Springs I've seen.

We love it in the Arabian Ranches, you get used the traffic, still nowhere near as bad as we used to have in London.
Old Dec 29th 2007, 2:42 pm
Concierge

Happy Christmas NL

I thought the floor plans were all the same for the Ranches/springs, just the fascia's that are different.
Old Dec 29th 2007, 2:54 pm
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

Happy Christmas NL

I thought the floor plans were all the same for the Ranches/springs, just the fascia's that are different.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you too BC!

Not sure about floor plans - we are in 3 bed +study in Al Reem and it's not like any 3 beds I have seen in the Springs. The finishing seems a lot better too from what I've seen (although give it a few more years and the places in the AR may start to fall apart too!).
Old Dec 29th 2007, 3:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

I would agree with NL about the finishings. Saying that my house in Springs 2 has a lot better finishings in my mates in Springs 9 and my family's in Meadows 1.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.