Reload this Page >

Arabian Ranches or The Springs

Arabian Ranches or The Springs

Old Dec 28th 2007, 11:29 am
Account Closed

scarletfan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Arabian Ranches or The Springs

Hi All

Trust you have all had a nice Christmas!

Time is getting close now when we leave the UK for Dubai with just over a week to go.
As I previously informed, it is likely I will be working on Downtown Jebel Ali project. I have asked the question before about the best location to live, and some of you were kind enough to inform that Arabian Ranches was a nightmare to access traffic wise, however, if you could elaborate a bit on that, bearing in mind working hours are 8am to 6pm, and indicate what the traffic is like at these times.
As a couple in our late 30's, no children as yet, what sort of people live in the Springs, or say Palmera in Arabian Ranches, i.e. brit expats / families etc?
How long would it take to get to the beaches from both these locations at weekends?
Thanks in advance for any info
Old Dec 28th 2007, 1:43 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Arabian Ranches or The Springs

Springs will suit you better, purely because of the location. The houses are all the same anyway - well I think they are. Springs closer to the beach as well

Good Luck
Old Dec 28th 2007, 2:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

i don't think springs is anywhere near as nice as palmera will be...but springs is closer to most of the action i guess...you need to go and have a look for yourself and see which suits you better...

MM, xx
Old Dec 28th 2007, 4:32 pm

beebee is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
i don't think springs is anywhere near as nice as palmera will be...but springs is closer to most of the action i guess...you need to go and have a look for yourself and see which suits you better...

MM, xx
AR is nicer than the Springs but not asd accessible.. but why not opt for an apartment on the Marina
Old Dec 28th 2007, 5:29 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by beebee
AR is nicer than the Springs but not asd accessible.. but why not opt for an apartment on the Marina
An apartment doesn't suit us, particularly as we are bringing our pet with us. What sort of people live in the springs and AR? At the moment, looking at the developers websites, AR seems to have the nicer layouts of the 2. therefore, we are tipping towards AR a bit more, although if anyone can estimate time to work (downtown Jebel Ali) from both places, that would be a great help.
Old Dec 28th 2007, 5:32 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scarletfan
An apartment doesn't suit us, particularly as we are bringing our pet with us. What sort of people live in the springs and AR? At the moment, looking at the developers websites, AR seems to have the nicer layouts of the 2. therefore, we are tipping towards AR a bit more, although if anyone can estimate time to work (downtown Jebel Ali) from both places, that would be a great help.
there's all sorts of people living there....
what sort of people are you after...
Old Dec 28th 2007, 5:35 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by MataHari
there's all sorts of people living there....
what sort of people are you after...
Hi MH.
It would be nice to know that we are likely to be living in a mixed community, so to speak, particularly with brit expats nearby, not necessarily all family orientated, if that makes sense, particularly as we are late 30's, no children as yet
Old Dec 28th 2007, 5:41 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Hi MH.
It would be nice to know that we are likely to be living in a mixed community, so to speak, particularly with brit expats nearby, not necessarily all family orientated, if that makes sense, particularly as we are late 30's, no children as yet
well...from what I have seen is that there is all sorts of people living in those areas...couples and families, every nationality....lots of people with dogs...lol
As they are villa/townhouse estates, you tend to see a lot of people with kids, cause they like the 'safe' environment, the kidsplay areas etc...but there are plenty of couples there as well, but a lot of them will be at work all day so you will most likely see moms (or maids) with small kids...
Old Dec 28th 2007, 6:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

arbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

I live in the Springs and have lots of friends in AR.

To be honest there is not much difference between them. For your commute to work i would go for the springs option..

There is an option of types of houses in all these areas (springs or AR)...

If its 2 bed then chose from the small or small option
3 bed gives more living area but are around 170K + i think

For an 8am start you would need to leave springs at 7:15 am ish as there is a bottleneck at the entrance/exit of the springs...

Suppose allow another 15 mins at AR but would confirm that from someone who resides there.
Old Dec 28th 2007, 6:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Amazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond repute

I know a couple of very nice ladies who I know for a fact would make you very welcome at AR and would be happy to show you around and meet other people both families and couples, you are very welcome to PM me and I will pass on your details if you decide to go with AR.
Old Dec 29th 2007, 6:34 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

I would still go for the Springs
Old Dec 29th 2007, 9:01 am
Just Joined

penny fowler is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All

Trust you have all had a nice Christmas!

Time is getting close now when we leave the UK for Dubai with just over a week to go.
As I previously informed, it is likely I will be working on Downtown Jebel Ali project. I have asked the question before about the best location to live, and some of you were kind enough to inform that Arabian Ranches was a nightmare to access traffic wise, however, if you could elaborate a bit on that, bearing in mind working hours are 8am to 6pm, and indicate what the traffic is like at these times.
As a couple in our late 30's, no children as yet, what sort of people live in the Springs, or say Palmera in Arabian Ranches, i.e. brit expats / families etc?
How long would it take to get to the beaches from both these locations at weekends?
Thanks in advance for any info
Hi,
Wanted to chip in . there is a Traffic is a problem everywhere in Dubai..Springs takes our friends up to 2 hours to get out in the mornings to work. AR the roundabout is still under construction but traffic should flow much better once it has finished. People just love the ranches, my own opinion is that the construction is so much better in the Ranches and you do not have to put up with overhead power cables. You also have access to many different areas of Dubai 15 mins to Mall of the Emirates, Springs, the beach as opposed to just stuck in the Springs area. Still some inconveniences for the next 1 year or so but in my opinion a much better buy.
Old Dec 29th 2007, 10:04 am
Forum Regular

alfro is just really nicealfro is just really nicealfro is just really nicealfro is just really nicealfro is just really nicealfro is just really nicealfro is just really nicealfro is just really nicealfro is just really nice

Originally Posted by penny fowler
Hi,
Wanted to chip in . there is a Traffic is a problem everywhere in Dubai..Springs takes our friends up to 2 hours to get out in the mornings to work. AR the roundabout is still under construction but traffic should flow much better once it has finished. People just love the ranches, my own opinion is that the construction is so much better in the Ranches and you do not have to put up with overhead power cables. You also have access to many different areas of Dubai 15 mins to Mall of the Emirates, Springs, the beach as opposed to just stuck in the Springs area. Still some inconveniences for the next 1 year or so but in my opinion a much better buy.
Man... why is it always horror stories on here...

I live in Sproings 12 (right at the back) and drive out the front every morning. I leave at 7.30 (busiest time for school and commuters) and it takes me a MAXIMUM of 20 minutes to get on to SZR. This talk of two hours to get out of the Springs is astonishing, I simply can't see how that could happen, where do your friends live?.

The Overhead Power cables ? wtf? where are the power cables? they run down the South side of the Springs on the other side of the road in a no-mans land? I have never seen the Overhead cables running over any residential area around the Springs...

No Idea what AR is like, I am sure its lovely, but I can tell you it takes me a maximum of 40 minutes (assuming no accidents) from walking out my door to sitting at my desk in Jebel Ali. If you leave before the rush then it can be as little as 20 minutes. It takes under 15 minutes to MOE and under 15 Mins to the Marina outside of commuting times. From where I am its a quick hop onto the Al Khail rd. I have experienced very few traffic problems in 9 months of being here and working in JA I wold highly recommend the Springs
Old Dec 29th 2007, 10:08 am
BE Enthusiast

Amazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond repute

People love to tell the horror stories, dont ask me why but there are also lots of good stories too. Is Al Khalil Road a pretty new road, if so we found it on our GPS coming from Al Ain and passed AR but importantly for us it made driving into Dubai much easier and finding where our friends live in Al Barsha
Old Dec 29th 2007, 11:41 am
Concierge

I honestly swear to god that people who live on the Ranches have developed wooden noses and turned into Pinocchio I was there last month during the day at the Golf Club. I actually timed how long it took to get from the Golf Club to the roundabout - with very little traffic - 12 minutes. It then took me approximately 15 minutes to get round the roundabout. And a further 15 to get down to the Mall of the Emirates. So that is 42 minutes or thereabouts. How you can get out of the ranches, round the roundabout and to the Mall in 15 is purely magical! have you got one of Harry Potter's cars? I have friends who live on the Ranches and every single one of them complains about the traffic situation. I live on neither the Springs or the Ranches but the traffic leaving the Springs is very free moving.

Rant over

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.