Application process for Doha

Application process for Doha

Old Nov 6th 2012, 5:20 pm
Just Joined

Ukeuro75 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Application process for Doha

Dear All

Hope you are well.

Well this is where I am with things at the moment.

Up until last week, I was (and still am of the understanding) that I am currently awaiting my visa for Qatar.

More recently, over the past few days, the Verification Department at the organisation where I am going to work are requesting further verification of my post graduate story. I had already supplied the transcripts for my main studies. Now, they are requesting a few further documents, all of which are obtainable, though really do make things awkward for me, in my current post, as my manager now keeps getting emails from Qatar. (2 weeks ago, I was trying to manage my application for another job somewhat discreetly and diplomatically, by saying I was expressing an interest in an opportunity overseas, now my manager seems to be constantly contacted!)

It's all very awkward and makes me feel uncomfortable at work. I am so hoping that this is all worth it.

Anyhow, my questions are:

1) Is it normal for further verification to be sought during the visa application process.

2) I assume the verification department is attached to the visa application process?

3) At what point does the proposed salary offer, which I've accepted, stop becoming negotiable or has it already stopped being negotiable? I am just contemplating 'pushing my luck' as I feel stressed now and unsettled by the communication.

4) Has anyone else had a similar experience to me?

Any feedback / words of wisdom / other people's experiences would be hugely appreciated and hopefully make me feel not so alone.

Many thanks for your comments.