Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Apartment Maintenance

Apartment Maintenance

Old Oct 29th 2011, 6:20 am
Forum Regular

GingerWizard is just really niceGingerWizard is just really niceGingerWizard is just really niceGingerWizard is just really niceGingerWizard is just really niceGingerWizard is just really niceGingerWizard is just really niceGingerWizard is just really nice
Default Apartment Maintenance

Hi
does anyone know the definitions of liability for apartment maintenance under RERA - doesnt seem to say much on their site....

we have a rental (tenant) and contract says Landlord is liable for "major maintenance, service and chiller are responsibility of landlord"

doesnt obviously define "major"...

any help much appreciated
Old Oct 29th 2011, 6:36 am
BE Forum Addict

mentalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Apartment Maintenance

Here in Dubai it really depends on the Landlord. We have just had the entire interior of our 3-bed villa redecorated at our Landlord's expense, although technically he doesn't have to lift a finger.
Old Oct 30th 2011, 9:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Mogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to all

Originally Posted by GingerWizard
Hi
does anyone know the definitions of liability for apartment maintenance under RERA - doesnt seem to say much on their site....

we have a rental (tenant) and contract says Landlord is liable for "major maintenance, service and chiller are responsibility of landlord"

doesnt obviously define "major"...

any help much appreciated
I claim all maintenance costs (apart from replacement lightbulbs) from my landlord.
Old Oct 30th 2011, 9:30 am
Forum Regular

bronty has a brilliant futurebronty has a brilliant futurebronty has a brilliant futurebronty has a brilliant futurebronty has a brilliant futurebronty has a brilliant futurebronty has a brilliant futurebronty has a brilliant future

Maintenance costs don't seem to be a problem, getting proper workers are! We contacted our landlord because the fridge freezer was on the fritz, not cold in other words. Three 'technicians' came round and told me that I was using it wrong... and showed me to turn the dial to 3 and close the door. I just didn't know how to use it!!!!!! Let's just say that I was restrained by my husband. And the fridge freezer still didn't work.
A friend of ours rents a villa and the AC needed replacing. The 'technicians' came round and started making a hole in the cieling, when our friend came home he 'kindly' showed them that they could have used the stairs to the roof terrace!
I could go on, but you get the gist.