British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   Anyone wanting a 5 bed in Al Barsha (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/anyone-wanting-5-bed-al-barsha-606736/)

Blue Cat May 2nd 2009 9:29 am

Anyone wanting a 5 bed in Al Barsha

http://www.dubizzle.com/property-for...a/?from_search

170k - 15,000 square feet :eek:

klaus3974 May 2nd 2009 9:36 am

Re: Anyone wanting a 5 bed in Al Barsha

Great deal... however a swiming pool is a human right in the ME and the villa does not have one :)

Could you imagine the DEWA bill for 15.000 sq ft?

Blue Cat May 2nd 2009 10:36 am

Originally Posted by klaus3974 (Post 7534924)
Great deal... however a swiming pool is a human right in the ME and the villa does not have one :)

huge to say the least !!

deemi786 May 3rd 2009 5:32 pm

Originally Posted by klaus3974 (Post 7534924)

what do you reckon the DEWA bill would be?

I've been living in a managed service apartment so havent had to worry about bills etc since i have got here about 7 months ago but im looking to get into a villa in September / october time, what do you think would be the average DEWA bill for say a 3 bed in Palmera , Arabian Ranches...?

lionheart May 4th 2009 4:24 am

Originally Posted by deemi786 (Post 7537793)
what do you reckon the DEWA bill would be?

I've been living in a managed service apartment so havent had to worry about bills etc since i have got here about 7 months ago but im looking to get into a villa in September / october time, what do you think would be the average DEWA bill for say a 3 bed in Palmera , Arabian Ranches...?

Ours varies from only AED250 in January to over AED1,000 in August for a 3-bed villa in Garhoud including water and sewerage.

Blue Cat May 4th 2009 4:35 am

Originally Posted by lionheart (Post 7538846)
Ours varies from only AED250 in January to over AED1,000 in August for a 3-bed villa in Garhoud including water and sewerage.

our water bills were much the same when we were in Satwa, however I think there is a different rate for the 'new' properties. My friends in new Dubai are paying on average about 2000 a month.

deemi786 May 4th 2009 5:22 am

Thank you people. Now to find that 3 bed villa...im amazed at how the prices are dropping!!! Im hoping the 3 bed villa's in AR will hit the 100k mark...

MrsHawkes May 4th 2009 5:46 am

Could you imagine having to clean that?! No thanks think i'll stick to my 2 bed:lol:

Mrs H

deemi786 May 4th 2009 5:57 am

Originally Posted by MrsHawkes (Post 7538953)
Could you imagine having to clean that?! No thanks think i'll stick to my 2 bed:lol:

Mrs H

well you'd surely have someone else clean it!

MrsHawkes May 4th 2009 6:10 am

Originally Posted by deemi786 (Post 7538980)
well you'd surely have someone else clean it!

Why would you "surely have someone else clean it"? Not eveyone has a cleaner you know.

Anyway thats what i always think when i see a huge house, nice but i would hate to have to keep it clean.

Mrs H

deemi786 May 4th 2009 7:27 am

Originally Posted by MrsHawkes (Post 7539010)
Why would you "surely have someone else clean it"? Not eveyone has a cleaner you know.

Anyway thats what i always think when i see a huge house, nice but i would hate to have to keep it clean.

Mrs H

Apologies.....

I suppose I was generalising.... I still wouldnt want to clean the bloody thing... i am a lazt $hit though.

MrsHawkes May 4th 2009 7:39 am

Originally Posted by deemi786 (Post 7539120)
Apologies.....

I suppose I was generalising.... I still wouldnt want to clean the bloody thing... i am a lazt $hit though.

Thats ok chuck. I guess it is the norm here to have a cleaner. :)

I don't have one so thats prob why i think like that.

Mrs H

Smoochy Girl May 4th 2009 2:46 pm

errrrm, I have a 3-bed villa in a plot of 15,000 sq. ft ............ Just because they advertise the 15,000 sq.ft doesn't mean the house is humongous, believe me. The cleaning of our house is OK cos it was built for the Hobbitts but the land is HUGE :rofl:

Which is not OK for me, but my giant tortoises and German Shepherd love it!!

deemi786 May 5th 2009 5:35 am

referring to the husband and kids right? lol

Which is not OK for me, but my giant tortoises and German Shepherd love it!!

Smoochy Girl May 5th 2009 9:41 am

Kids?? KIDS?? ME? Kids - never .............. kids and I don't get on at ALL :eek:

It's my husband and SIX giant tortoises and german shepherd and shihtzu and african grey parrot - hallas :blink: