Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Anyone managed to get a Qatar Petroleum work visa lately?

Anyone managed to get a Qatar Petroleum work visa lately?

Old Feb 9th 2021, 7:28 pm
Just Joined

bongoush is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anyone managed to get a Qatar Petroleum work visa lately?

Originally Posted by jearel
So looks like it is going to be a long process if they are still processing visas from July!
Mine is directly for QP as economist.
Let me know how it goes with your application please. Good luck!
HI Jearel,

Are you being offered an economist role on technical services department? When QP told you about they have applied your visa, they told me they have applied my visa on 2 Jan 2021, but till now no news on my visa status.
Old Feb 10th 2021, 9:57 am
Forum Regular

psychopomp1 will become famous soon enough

AAAAARGGHHHH!!! Job offers can be a bit like buses: you wait ages for 1 and then 2 turn up at the same time!!!

I'm still in UK waiting for my QP fitness to work approval (had to re-do a medical hence the slight delay). However ADNOC Onshore from Abu Dhabi (ex-ADCO) have got in touch with me a few days ago and looks like they're about to make an offer for me, for a very similar role - this is a direct hire position with ADNOC. I had an interview with ADNOC in Feb last year for this position but this was through a local agency in UAE, Star Services. The agency never got back to me for interview feedback despite repeated requests, so i assumed i was unsuccessful. Unless ADNOC make me a very impressive offer, then I think I will stick with QP as their salary is still very good (QAR 55k per month). Also with QP, there's no overnight stay involved at any of the oilfields whereas i have been told that i will often have to stay 1-2 weeks in ADCO oilfields in the Liwa area, eg Bu Hasa, Shah etc. QP working hours are also great, from 0630hrs to 1430hrs 5 days a week , not sure if ADCO can match those. Sometimes its nice to sleep in your own bed every night
Old Feb 10th 2021, 10:39 am
Just Joined

bongoush is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Re: Anyone managed to get a Qatar Petroleum work visa lately?

Aha..that's is normal.You wait for one offer, then come another offer . So presume you have being offered technical role in QP right? If you don't mind sharing the title and grade that QP been offering you Indeed, reading from the google and blog as well QP financial standing, looks like better than ADNOC . But as far as country is concern, UAE is much better than Qatar, have plenty to explore and nearer to Oman which famous of its nature.

Have Adnoc share their benefits like QP? Which one is better, esp. in term of education allowance or housing allowance then?
Old Feb 10th 2021, 11:10 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bongoush
A So presume you have being offered technical role in QP right? If you don't mind sharing the title and grade that QP been offering you
That's a bit cheeky, you might try to get the job for yourself!
Old Feb 10th 2021, 12:55 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by bongoush
Aha..that's is normal.You wait for one offer, then come another offer . So presume you have being offered technical role in QP right? If you don't mind sharing the title and grade that QP been offering you Indeed, reading from the google and blog as well QP financial standing, looks like better than ADNOC . But as far as country is concern, UAE is much better than Qatar, have plenty to explore and nearer to Oman which famous of its nature.

Have Adnoc share their benefits like QP? Which one is better, esp. in term of education allowance or housing allowance then?
Yup both roles are technical and field based and both Geomatics related. The QP role is through an agency, SPIE Oil and Gas, ie not direct with QP. There's nothing in employment contract which mentions employment grade etc. I suspect it might do if I was employed direct by QP.

Not received my ADNOC contract yet but I *think* they base basic salaries on their internal grading structure with a generous housing allowance. They've asked to see my last 3 payslips from my previous employer, if they offer something similar as a base salary, I would be seriously tempted by the ADNOC offer. My last role was with BP in Algeria, on a day rate of GBP 500.

Not too fussed with Qatar/Doha lifestyle, as I've lived and worked in places like Iraq, Pakistan, Libya and Algeria - Doha is a relative paradise. And yes, I've lived and worked in Doha previously
Old Mar 21st 2021, 10:01 pm
Forum Regular

So looks like it is going to be a long process if they are still processing visas from July!
Mine is directly for QP as economist.
Let me know how it goes with your application please. Good luck!
Did you get your work visa yet? I only started reporting for work last week as I had to complete a shed load of safety courses first. But it’s all going well so far - will be based at QNT building but WFH for the foreseeable future like most QP staff. I imagine you’ll either be based at QNT or at the other building in West Bay which is the QP HQ.

Last edited by psychopomp1; Mar 21st 2021 at 10:05 pm.
Old Mar 22nd 2021, 9:07 am
Just Joined

jearel is an unknown quantity at this point

Still waiting but was told should be ready this week. Fingers crossed. How's Doha? and QP environment?
btw did you have to stay in a hotel to quarantine?
Cheers
Old Mar 22nd 2021, 11:37 am
Forum Regular

Still waiting but was told should be ready this week. Fingers crossed. How's Doha? and QP environment?
btw did you have to stay in a hotel to quarantine?
Cheers
Doha's not the most exciting city in the world but its not the worst either. Though living in West Bay (a stone's throw away from QP offices) I love the fact that there's loads of escooters scattered about, so i just hop on one of them if i'm too lazy to take the metro or walk anywhere - used one to get to Al Bidda park near the Corniche the other day. I try not to take the car anywhere as parking is a nightmare in most parts of Doha.

QP offices at QNT are very plush, found everyone (both Qatari's and expats) to be very helpful during my first week of onboarding. Working hours are great (IMHO), from 0630 to 1430hrs. I think QNT occupancy is only 10-20% at present as QP are forcing nearly everyone to work from home, at least until the end of the year. At QP you can also get fast tracked for the Covid vaccination if you're interested, speak to your line manager once you get here.

Yep, had to do the mandatory 7 day hotel quarantine once I arrived here. I stayed at the Westin hotel, pretty decent hotel.

Good luck!
Old Mar 22nd 2021, 4:56 pm
Just Joined

jearel is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks mate. I'll let you know when I get the visa. Regards
Old Jun 16th 2021, 11:25 am
Just Joined

Stevein is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by psychopomp1
AAAAARGGHHHH!!! Job offers can be a bit like buses: you wait ages for 1 and then 2 turn up at the same time!!!

I'm still in UK waiting for my QP fitness to work approval (had to re-do a medical hence the slight delay). However ADNOC Onshore from Abu Dhabi (ex-ADCO) have got in touch with me a few days ago and looks like they're about to make an offer for me, for a very similar role - this is a direct hire position with ADNOC. I had an interview with ADNOC in Feb last year for this position but this was through a local agency in UAE, Star Services. The agency never got back to me for interview feedback despite repeated requests, so i assumed i was unsuccessful. Unless ADNOC make me a very impressive offer, then I think I will stick with QP as their salary is still very good (QAR 55k per month). Also with QP, there's no overnight stay involved at any of the oilfields whereas i have been told that i will often have to stay 1-2 weeks in ADCO oilfields in the Liwa area, eg Bu Hasa, Shah etc. QP working hours are also great, from 0630hrs to 1430hrs 5 days a week , not sure if ADCO can match those. Sometimes its nice to sleep in your own bed every night

Hi, Just found this topic. I got offering from qp also, direct hire, last month I did medical check up and sent the result to them. I just checked the website for my visa status, shown that my work visa is approved. Based on your story you got your work visa but due to medical issue you been asked to re-do the medical, may I know what issue is that? Because I also doesnt get replay since I sent the medical result, but my visa is approved based on website. Honestly I have some issue regarding my medical report like cholesterol and overweight. I afraid if they ask me to re do my medical or cancle my visa due to medical result. Thank you