Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Anyone living in RAK?

Anyone living in RAK?

Old Jun 9th 2009, 12:37 pm
Just Joined

Location: Living and working in RAK and wondering where all the nice single men are!
crazyorangeone is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Anyone living in RAK?

Hi All,

In the last hour I have just accepted a job working in RAK. Just wondering if anyone else on here lives in the area? I will be moving out in August and interested to meet people in the area.

Look forward to hearing from you soon

Melissa
Old Jun 9th 2009, 12:38 pm
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone living in RAK?

Originally Posted by crazyorangeone
Hi All,

In the last hour I have just accepted a job working in RAK. Just wondering if anyone else on here lives in the area? I will be moving out in August and interested to meet people in the area.

Look forward to hearing from you soon

Melissa
im having a deja vu moment!!
Old Jun 9th 2009, 12:42 pm
Just Joined

Location: Living and working in RAK and wondering where all the nice single men are!

Originally Posted by commander
im having a deja vu moment!!
lol.... I know I was only saying this morning that it was a possibility.... I can't believe now its actually happening!
Old Jun 9th 2009, 4:18 pm
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think there is anyone from RAK that posts here??

Have you been for a visit? Its a bit 'behind' but if its a quiet life you want..

And you get snow on the mountains in winter
Old Jun 9th 2009, 6:35 pm
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by commander
I don't think there is anyone from RAK that posts here??

Have you been for a visit? Its a bit 'behind' but if its a quiet life you want..

That could be 'cause they don't have t'internet yet.

Or electricity or running water

but it is near 'cuda so I'd go for it!
Old Jun 10th 2009, 3:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Roadking

you don't even have to botehr with 'cuda if you live there.
has its own version near Hamra fort
Old Jun 11th 2009, 4:42 am
BE Enthusiast

hawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to all

Very true!

Melissa - has your future employee warned you what RAK is like? Cos it's pretty much the arse-end of nowhere. I'm not saying don't move there, I'm just saying you should be fore-warned so you don't have so much of a shock when you get there.
Good luck!
Old Jun 11th 2009, 4:52 am
Forum Regular

Cry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to all

Hawkhead is right - there is nothing wrong with living in RAK if you know what its like. Mates who were looking for a calmer life after years in Dubai love living there - it's much smaller, much easier to integrate with Emirati's and quite a lot dirtier :-)
Its also a damn site cheaper for rent - my mate paid 16k for a 2 bed villa all through 2006,7 and 8.
And the mountains are lovely!
ch
Originally Posted by hawkhead
Very true!

Melissa - has your future employee warned you what RAK is like? Cos it's pretty much the arse-end of nowhere. I'm not saying don't move there, I'm just saying you should be fore-warned so you don't have so much of a shock when you get there.
Good luck!
Old Jun 11th 2009, 5:55 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Cry haddock
And the mountains are lovely!
ch
Except most of them have bloody great quarries hidden inside. Where else do you think they get the rocks and stuff to build Palm Jumeirah?
Old Jun 11th 2009, 11:14 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by lionheart
Except most of them have bloody great quarries hidden inside. Where else do you think they get the rocks and stuff to build Palm Jumeirah?
I have been warned that its a more relaxed and quieter place to live. But after a year in Amsterdam I'm quite looking forward to a more peaceful life. Also I think being able to intergrate in the community is half the experience.

Comments about internet: what do you mean? They must have access as all communication from my employer is coming via email. So please explain what you meant.

Melissa
Old Jun 11th 2009, 11:18 am
BE Enthusiast

hawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to all

Comments about internet: what do you mean? They must have access as all communication from my employer is coming via email. So please explain what you meant.
It's ok - he's just being sarky. Course they've got internet. And leccy and running water.
Old Jun 11th 2009, 11:44 am
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hawkhead
It's ok - he's just being sarky. Course they've got internet. And leccy and running water.
Sarky, who me....?
Old Jun 11th 2009, 2:01 pm
Just Joined

I thought that was probably the case, but I thought it might be fun to see him try and justify himself!
Old Jun 11th 2009, 3:04 pm
If I have to explain...

Originally Posted by crazyorangeone
I thought that was probably the case, but I thought it might be fun to see him try and justify himself!
Justify, who me...
Old Jun 12th 2009, 6:29 am
Just Joined

Yeah Roadkill justify the comments!

Originally Posted by Roadking

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.