Reload this Page >

Anyone living in Jubail city II

Anyone living in Jubail city II

Old Oct 11th 2013, 10:12 pm
Just Joined

raceytherunner is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Anyone living in Jubail city II

Hi All

I have an interview for an Operator Trainer role in the Jubail II city Project with Sadara and trying to find as much information about the area, Job, way of living and salary etc.....

currently working offshore and looking to move to a new venture.

Any Info be it good or bad please let me know
Old Oct 14th 2013, 3:59 am
Just Joined

Default Jabail

Anyone living in Jabail and know how good or bad it is to live in that City II.

By my last response guess no one living there at all ?
Old Oct 14th 2013, 11:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Jabail

Jubail. Try a search.
Old Oct 14th 2013, 8:22 pm
Just Joined

Nice already tried that one but guess no one working there or cant be arsed responding

So the Search funtion no good mate thats why I posted on here
Old Oct 15th 2013, 4:11 am
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

You obviously didn't search very hard because when I did it there were dozens of hits. Similar question to yours.
Old Oct 15th 2013, 5:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Beakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Anyone living in Jubail city II

Not much to do, expensive, no public transport, filthy beaches, potholes and other nonsense all over the roads in the old city, depressed looking people, virtually no single women, Tamimi/Panda supermarkets, no Carrefour. Small malls, ripoff service shops, good network of (over qualified but fair) Fili car mechancs that can generally be trusted, Mobily internet is slow there, get the other state one if have to source private. Stores close the instant call to prayer is heard, not when prayer starts.

ps. answers from residents there may be slow right now as there aren't many Brits there and it is Eid (anyone worth his salt is on holiday and not sat at their computer 24/7)
Old Oct 15th 2013, 6:53 pm
Just Joined

Right thanks for that maybe thats why they are desperate for me to go fot interview ??

Have they started building the new Indusrtial city II yet ? as stated on the Internet. Looks like a lovely bayside city on youtube but is it still a sand pit at the moment.? I know building work can take years to kick off in places like this.
Old Oct 15th 2013, 6:57 pm
Just Joined

Hi Mikewot

please would you point me in the right direction then because I cant find that much on the search tab. I new on here so any help would be greatful instead of the go away attitude by some who obviously think they own this forum
Old Oct 15th 2013, 7:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Beakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to behold

Not around there for a bit so can't check out on the ground. Shouldn't worry too much about it. Living in KSA you get used to living on a seeming building site as there seems to be a problem with rich Saudi's living in any place someone else has perspired in. Accommodation for engineer class should be fine. Ensure you've got transport laid on for there.
Old Oct 15th 2013, 7:08 pm
Just Joined

Thanks

The more Info you can give the better. I am wanted for the new Jubail City II project in operations so would have to move over and looking closely at the terms and conditions and see if worth the salary.

Can I go running and do you have Gyms over there ?
Old Oct 15th 2013, 7:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Check out what your accommodation/complex is offering gym wise. There are some gyms in Jubail, but not many tbh. Running outdoors your throat will dry and go sore from the dust. The humidity recently doesn't tend to extend too far in from the coastline. You will find everything you need, just in shirt supply. A car sorted properly will get you over into Bahrain for escapism. Cheap hotels there are 150sar plus 30% taxes per night
Old Oct 15th 2013, 8:17 pm
Just Joined

Thanks again Beakersful
Old Oct 20th 2013, 12:08 pm
Forum Regular

steviehouse is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm currently in Jubail but dont check the Middle East section on here much. (plus last weekend I was in Bahrain, plus it was Eid vacation this last week etc)
Been here for 1 month so far and will stay until January.
Company has me on a compound which is fair. It has a small gym and some tennis courts and an outdoor pool.
Some of my colleagues (Indian) that have been working here a few years go running on the beach most days and generally play cricket at the weekend.

Not judging him, but beakersful's response on the 15th (am) seems very negative. It's not all bad. You can find pretty much all you need.
Not much to do, but there isnt much to do in terms of recreation in most of Saudi. (Thats why we have the Causeway to Bahrain)
Expensive? not really compared to any european country.
Roads are average, indeed no public transport, but just get a car sorted and drive yourself about.
Supermarkets are fair, You can get what you need.
No Single women. Of course, you're in Saudi where openly dating is prohibited. You will find much talk of how to get around it etc online, but just go to Bahrain, much easier.

Visited Bahrain my first time last weekend, found a DJ in a club from my home town in the UK (small world). Had 3 great nights. Would go back every weekend if I could afford it but I'm still on my european salary with some extras rather than an outright contract in Saudi tax free.
Old Dec 30th 2013, 4:11 pm
Just Joined

m4444 is an unknown quantity at this point

Jubail is not that bad. Not great either, but if u r in for the money and the money is OK. You will manage
Taking a job with Sadara myself