Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Any problem booking a flight with a long return date ? UAE

Any problem booking a flight with a long return date ? UAE

Old Jun 14th 2011, 2:35 pm
Just Joined

Ukmed1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Any problem booking a flight with a long return date ? UAE

Hi everyone and thank you for all the help I have been given, I would like to book a flight for my wife coming out this month and flying back February next year, she does not have a resident Visa and we will be doing visa runs, can anyone tell me if it could be a problem at immigration when they see her return flight date ?

has anyone done this ?
Old Jun 14th 2011, 2:58 pm
Just Joined

abbyfex will become famous soon enoughabbyfex will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Any problem booking a flight with a long return date ? UAE

I don't think they check the return dates at entry. Mine has never been questioned/checked and my ticket is usually valid for about 6 months. HTH
Old Jun 14th 2011, 5:13 pm
Just Joined

AUHJohn is just really niceAUHJohn is just really niceAUHJohn is just really niceAUHJohn is just really niceAUHJohn is just really niceAUHJohn is just really niceAUHJohn is just really niceAUHJohn is just really niceAUHJohn is just really nice

Its at the UK end where the problem can arise, as the airline can check whether your paperwork is in order at your destination.
I once had a 6 month return ticket on a visit visa and was initially told it was a problem. The airline eventually issued me a dummy ticket with a return within 1 month in case I was asked for a return ticket on arrival.
Never heard of anyone else being refused, guess I was just unlucky. But the fact remains that technically the airline could refuse to fly you.
Old Jun 14th 2011, 6:19 pm
Forum Regular

paca is just really nicepaca is just really nicepaca is just really nicepaca is just really nicepaca is just really nicepaca is just really nicepaca is just really nicepaca is just really nicepaca is just really nicepaca is just really nicepaca is just really nice

with one way tickets they check visa is in place, I guess they will do the same with over 30 days return.

When I thought about it you could say that you are travelling from dubai to other places and then returning for your flight back... you don't have tickets yet because you are going to travel last min deals
Old Jun 15th 2011, 5:02 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

I cam out in April with a return booked for October.

No issues at all.
Old Jun 15th 2011, 9:26 am
BE Forum Addict

csdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond repute

When I moved over, I flew in June with a return flight booked in May of the following year and only a visit Visa. Nobody mentioned it.
Old Jun 17th 2011, 4:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

jackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by csdf
When I moved over, I flew in June with a return flight booked in May of the following year and only a visit Visa. Nobody mentioned it.
Try this link!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0rxA...eature=related
Old Jun 17th 2011, 4:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jackthehat
Old Jun 17th 2011, 5:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

jackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by OleJanx
It gets even better!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPyl2tOaKxM
Old Jun 17th 2011, 5:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

Yep! Gets better it does!
Old Jun 17th 2011, 5:38 pm
Forum Regular

paca is just really nicepaca is just really nicepaca is just really nicepaca is just really nicepaca is just really nicepaca is just really nicepaca is just really nicepaca is just really nicepaca is just really nicepaca is just really nicepaca is just really nice

love the downfall video's
Old Jun 17th 2011, 5:55 pm
Forum Regular

sherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud of

Quality

Diddly aiden daidin daidin dai
Old Jun 17th 2011, 10:44 pm
Just Joined

Whilst not at all helpful I have to admit that was pretty damm genius and funny, as for question I have decided to book her a direct flight with BA as i spoke to another member of this forum who has made the journey with a long return date many times and he has never had a problem, worst comes to worst we are gonna have a story about a holiday to other desitnations and tell them that.
Old Jun 21st 2011, 8:14 am
BE Enthusiast

gottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to all

if it is a BA ticket you can probably change the return date for 50 or 90 GBP. Just print of the BA change of return date conditions to show hat the return date is flexible.

I have been stopped with a return ticket that is dated after my visa - it all depends on the luck of the draw and what kind of jobsworth decides to review your documents.
Old Jun 22nd 2011, 12:41 pm
Just Joined

When you got stopped what happend next? Did you still make it in ok?

By the way my wife us now here with me, we booked a flight with my airmiles so it did not cost me a thing, she told the guy a hotel and holiday and gig through fine (phew) flight Was with BA and was direct.