Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Any idea's how they're going to do this?

Any idea's how they're going to do this?

Old Jul 31st 2005, 11:48 am
W10

Default Any idea's how they're going to do this?

Bearing in mind they've also got to squeeze a mass transit railway in as well.

http://www.gulfnews.com/Articles/Nat...ticleID=175278

Old Jul 31st 2005, 11:58 am
A slow driver!

lillygirl is a splendid one to beholdlillygirl is a splendid one to beholdlillygirl is a splendid one to beholdlillygirl is a splendid one to beholdlillygirl is a splendid one to beholdlillygirl is a splendid one to beholdlillygirl is a splendid one to beholdlillygirl is a splendid one to beholdlillygirl is a splendid one to beholdlillygirl is a splendid one to beholdlillygirl is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Any idea's how they're going to do this?

Originally Posted by W10

And even worse a 2 layer road right opposite me...........

I'm moving to Arabian Ranches in the NY - don't think I can face any more construction work
Old Jul 31st 2005, 12:05 pm
W10

Yes I saw the plans for the huge Defence Roundabout changes and the road. And the works will only take 20 months or so. Lovely eh?

Same goes for intersection 5. Nice planning guys. Wait until the marina, Jumeirah Beach Residences and Emirates Hills are more or less finished - and then announce that you are going to rebuild the intersection.

I'd love to know what they do in the forward planning department.

Old Jul 31st 2005, 12:09 pm
A slow driver!

lillygirl is a splendid one to beholdlillygirl is a splendid one to beholdlillygirl is a splendid one to beholdlillygirl is a splendid one to beholdlillygirl is a splendid one to beholdlillygirl is a splendid one to beholdlillygirl is a splendid one to beholdlillygirl is a splendid one to beholdlillygirl is a splendid one to beholdlillygirl is a splendid one to beholdlillygirl is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by W10
Yes I saw the plans for the huge Defence Roundabout changes and the road. And the works will only take 20 months or so. Lovely eh?

Same goes for intersection 5. Nice planning guys. Wait until the marina, Jumeirah Beach Residences and Emirates Hills are more or less finished - and then announce that you are going to rebuild the intersection.

I'd love to know what they do in the forward planning department.

Junction 5 is going to have 20 flyovers or something crazy.

Can you imagine what it will be like in the Murooj on my side - the worlds largest shopping mall, the worlds tallest tower and a 2 story road - all right outside my window!! :scared:
Old Jul 31st 2005, 12:16 pm
W10

On the upside, by the time the road and the Burj and Dubai Mall are built. You might have all of your facilities open

Old Jul 31st 2005, 12:22 pm
A slow driver!

Originally Posted by W10
On the upside, by the time the road and the Burj and Dubai Mall are built. You might have all of your facilities open

maybe!

I asked about the tennis courts earlier and was just told 'soon'!

Apparently the court near you is for basketball not tennis!!
Old Jul 31st 2005, 12:26 pm
W10

I know - there are tennis courts all over the place though. Loads of them

Old Jul 31st 2005, 12:31 pm
A slow driver!

Originally Posted by W10
I know - there are tennis courts all over the place though. Loads of them
Are you sure? The others said they hadn't seen any.

We might play tonight about 9pm

Do ya fancy it?
Old Jul 31st 2005, 12:33 pm
W10

Springs 11 and 15 both have them I think. When I was looking round at villas I saw loads of them.

I don't have a tennis racket!!

Old Jul 31st 2005, 12:41 pm
A slow driver!

Originally Posted by W10
Springs 11 and 15 both have them I think. When I was looking round at villas I saw loads of them.

I don't have a tennis racket!!

Right - will go and have a look later.

And it doesn't matter about a racket as long as we have 2 between us!
Old Jul 31st 2005, 1:01 pm
A Natural Blonde

Zannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, there is a tennis court in Springs 15, didn't know until yesterday! Pop by for a cool drink afterwards if you want...

Zannie xx
Old Jul 31st 2005, 4:14 pm
Restless soul

Happiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by W10

Is Dubai in the Guiness Book of World Records for being the biggest construction site on the planet?

No Seriously...is it?
Old Jul 31st 2005, 6:35 pm
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Happiness
Is Dubai in the Guiness Book of World Records for being the biggest construction site on the planet?

No Seriously...is it?
yep, it is.... they said it a while ago... Dubai is the city with the most construction taking place at the moment, so yeah, u r right.
Old Jul 31st 2005, 6:46 pm
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by W10

As far as I can tell, apart from the double decker road, which will iterally be outside LG's window, the actual mono rail will run just nehind existing landscaping on the South side of SZR as you can see in this pic here:

This lane addition was discussed yonks ago and its only now that they have made an official announcement.

Bring on the extra lane.... and the construction.. and the traffic........ and the chaos.
Old Aug 1st 2005, 5:57 am