Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Another visa question for saudi !!!

Another visa question for saudi !!!

Old Sep 25th 2012, 6:35 pm
Forum Regular

WHISKYSPRITE is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Another visa question for saudi !!!

My husbands company are putting his profession through on his visa application as Pipefitter so won't have to get his credentials attested I believe, he is in a management position when he works there. My concern is that it won't be enough to sponsor me to go there with him? Anyone have any light to shed on this please ???
Old Sep 25th 2012, 6:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

MaserMan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Another visa question for saudi !!!

Originally Posted by WHISKYSPRITE
My husbands company are putting his profession through on his visa application as Pipefitter so won't have to get his credentials attested I believe, he is in a management position when he works there. My concern is that it won't be enough to sponsor me to go there with him? Anyone have any light to shed on this please ???
That profession would not allow him to sponsor the family and once he has that on his iqama would be very difficult to change.

If he is coming in as management you want something like Adviser as an occupation.
Old Sep 25th 2012, 7:18 pm
Off Topic

northbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nice

Originally Posted by WHISKYSPRITE
My husbands company
In 2008 you had a wife - massage therapist:
(http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=504670)
and now you have a husband - manager in construction.

IMHO your gender issue may raise more questions from Saudi immigration than his profession.

Last edited by northbadawi; Sep 25th 2012 at 7:20 pm.
Old Sep 25th 2012, 8:03 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by northbadawi
In 2008 you had a wife - massage therapist:
(http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=504670)
and now you have a husband - manager in construction.

IMHO your gender issue may raise more questions from Saudi immigration than his profession.
Ha ha very funny !!! Actually I write all the posts on here on behalf of hubbie and myself, yes I was a beautician and yes my husband is construction managerial position , at present he is in Norway in supervisor position , all clear I hope and sorted !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Sep 25th 2012, 8:03 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by MaserMan
That profession would not allow him to sponsor the family and once he has that on his iqama would be very difficult to change.

If he is coming in as management you want something like Adviser as an occupation.
Thankyou for reply, I though that was the case.!
Old Sep 25th 2012, 10:33 pm
Banned

Desert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to behold

Not only that, the authorities are looking at income versus profession so a pipe fitter with 30ksar income per month may come under the magnifying glass at one stage or another.
Old Sep 26th 2012, 3:54 am
Up in the air

Jammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond repute

Sales director or Sales Manager also does not require a degree....same in Dubai
Old Feb 14th 2013, 10:43 pm
Just Joined

gazi00us is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, can someone please tell me the procedure to get Indian degree legalized for British citizen for saudi work visa
I live in London and my prospective employer has sent visa papers.
Old Feb 15th 2013, 5:48 am
Banned

Desert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by gazi00us
Hi, can someone please tell me the procedure to get Indian degree legalized for British citizen for saudi work visa
I live in London and my prospective employer has sent visa papers.
Has to be done in India. Employ an agent or someone so you don't have to go yourself. And start process in the next half an hour because the Indian guy working for me took 2 months to get all the stamps in the bureaucratic heaven India is.

Don't know the process exactly but I know the final step is that KSA embassy in India needs to stamp it. Starts with a certified translation.
Old Feb 15th 2013, 6:09 am

Miss Anne Thrope is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Desert Dubliner
Has to be done in India. Employ an agent or someone so you don't have to go yourself. And start process in the next half an hour because the Indian guy working for me took 2 months to get all the stamps in the bureaucratic heaven India is.

Don't know the process exactly but I know the final step is that KSA embassy in India needs to stamp it. Starts with a certified translation.
You have a degree from India?
Old Feb 15th 2013, 6:52 am
Just Joined

Hi,

I got my education in india and then migrated to UK few years back and now i have acquired British citizen.
Enquire with agent here in UK and they say once my degree is attested ( from India), visa stamping can be done from london only.
It appears to be going in loop, as saudi embassy in India say it has to be done in london and when i call london embassy they say it has to be done in india,not sure who is wrong or right.

Thanks, KK
Old Feb 15th 2013, 7:31 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by gazi00us
Hi,

I got my education in india and then migrated to UK few years back and now i have acquired British citizen.
Enquire with agent here in UK and they say once my degree is attested ( from India), visa stamping can be done from london only.
It appears to be going in loop, as saudi embassy in India say it has to be done in london and when i call london embassy they say it has to be done in india,not sure who is wrong or right.

Thanks, KK
Obviously it wasn't a great education looking at your grammatical errors...
Old Feb 15th 2013, 7:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

Attestation should be done in India. What has London got to do with it ?
Old Feb 15th 2013, 8:07 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Kix
Obviously it wasn't a great education looking at your grammatical errors...
Scott sir, I am typing using iPad so that might caused typo error. As far as education is concerned, I just let u know that the education I have got is from world class institute and that is called Mecca of engineering education......u can't imagine to get entry into that institute by any chance...
Anyways thanks for ur comment.
Old Feb 15th 2013, 4:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

I made no comment on your degree

Maybe you need to practise your reading skills

I asked ahy London would be involved in attesting a degree from another country.

The remarks about your degree came from Kix.