Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

American backlash over P&O ocquisition by DP World

American backlash over P&O ocquisition by DP World

Old Feb 17th 2006, 7:07 pm
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: American backlash over P&O ocquisition by DP World

Originally Posted by Bob
anything that's a load of shite will make it on fox news, if it is worldy or news worthy, it won't make the news though...
hmmmm,but did they bad mouth the U.A.E? Do tell.
Old Feb 17th 2006, 10:18 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Face81
hmmmm,but did they bad mouth the U.A.E? Do tell.
I couldn't say, probably, they bad mouth everyone, but I can't stand fox long enough to really see what they say *l*
Old Feb 19th 2006, 6:44 am
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light

For those of you interested in some comedy, visit www.foxnews.com, then click on VIDEOS (in the top right corner), then click on Politics and watch the "Ports Security" video and then click on BUSINESS and watch the "Money Mail" video.

The second one is absolutely hilarious. The Amricans cant even pronounce the word Emirates. PMSL.
Old Feb 19th 2006, 7:21 am
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

For those of you interested in some comedy, visit www.foxnews.com, then click on VIDEOS (in the top right corner), then click on Politics and watch the "Ports Security" video and then click on BUSINESS and watch the "Money Mail" video.

The second one is absolutely hilarious. The Amricans cant even pronounce the word Emirates. PMSL.
Fantastic!

What a fine example of an upstanding American 'Wayne' is - I'd be willing to bet my salary on him being a Grand Wizard in the KKK

Interesting that they keep referring back to two 9/11 terrorists have links to UAE...does that mean anyone from Timothy McVeighs home state cannot invest in American interests?
Old Feb 19th 2006, 10:07 am
The Oracle

Originally Posted by NorthernLad
Fantastic!

What a fine example of an upstanding American 'Wayne' is - I'd be willing to bet my salary on him being a Grand Wizard in the KKK

Interesting that they keep referring back to two 9/11 terrorists have links to UAE...does that mean anyone from Timothy McVeighs home state cannot invest in American interests?

PMSL! Well said!

They cant even say "U.A.E"

LOLOLOL

Last edited by Face81; Feb 19th 2006 at 10:09 am.
Old Feb 20th 2006, 7:10 am
BE Enthusiast

Border Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, that was funny. Maybe I should start watching Fox News instead of The Paramount Comedy Channel! Seriously, though, it is a bit of a worry when the population of the only remaining superpower (unless you count Europe ) gets its information from sources like this.
Old Feb 20th 2006, 7:26 am
Soupy twist

Eeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Border Reiver
Seriously, though, it is a bit of a worry when the population of the only remaining superpower (unless you count Europe ) gets its information from sources like this.
It's even more worrying when you consider that the Fox News Channel's slogan is "Fair and Balanced" and they defend their use of it with a straight face (for those who don't know, FNC is neither fair nor balanced - it's notoriously and viciously right-wing).
Old Feb 20th 2006, 10:01 am
TA5
Banned (Always Correct)

TA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GarethR
It's even more worrying when you consider that the Fox News Channel's slogan is "Fair and Balanced" and they defend their use of it with a straight face (for those who don't know, FNC is neither fair nor balanced - it's notoriously and viciously right-wing).
Just as CNN is notoriously and viciously left-wing. Foxnews just balances it out.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/LAW/02/19/po....ap/index.html

Seeing the the left is leading the charge with this one, critisizing foxnews for being right wing biased doesn't really lend itself to the point.

Last edited by TA5; Feb 20th 2006 at 10:05 am.
Old Feb 20th 2006, 1:03 pm
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

I've said it before and i'll say it again.

what a bunch of ****ing stupid xenophobic pricks, just how the **** did this piss pot hodge podge of a bastard nation get so stupid.

cant have a filthy arab own anything can they...for the love of ****ing god..aaahhhh...if you dont like it put up the money and ****ing buy it yourself..or have you no cash left having spent it all on bombing the world.....
Old Feb 20th 2006, 1:11 pm
Banned

CasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shiva
..or have you no cash left having spent it all on bombing the world.....

They do have the cash, which they got it by cutting the pensions, Health and Education (jeeez that is exactly what we need now)
Old Feb 20th 2006, 1:13 pm
W10

Originally Posted by TA5
Just as CNN is notoriously and viciously left-wing. Foxnews just balances it out.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/LAW/02/19/po....ap/index.html

Seeing the the left is leading the charge with this one, critisizing foxnews for being right wing biased doesn't really lend itself to the point.
CNN is about as left wing as David Beckham (see what I did there!!)...it's marginally less right wing than Fox.

If you believe that CNN is 'viciously left wing' then it is then it speaks volumes for you, your personal politics and how the media is perceived within the US.

There are very few centre left, never mind left wing - mainstream media outlets in the US.

However, your point regarding who is leading the charge is a valid one. Hilary Clinton...hang your head in shame.

Old Feb 20th 2006, 1:16 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: American backlash over P&O acquisition by DP World

Originally Posted by Truth Speak

last week in Houston the ca driver asked me if I was English...yeas I replied but I live in Dubai.

How far north of London is Dubai he asked.....

red necks tsc tsc

(houston is definitely the obesity capital of the world... they measure ass width and not height for the BMR
lol and people wonder why i dislike living here so....drives you mad constantly hearing remarks like that....cheers
Old Feb 20th 2006, 1:32 pm
TA5
Banned (Always Correct)

TA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TruBrit
lol and people wonder why i dislike living here so....drives you mad constantly hearing remarks like that....cheers
Then Leave...
Old Feb 20th 2006, 1:35 pm
Banned

CasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TA5
Then Leave...

Then why are you complaining about Dubai?
Old Feb 20th 2006, 1:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

IndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond repute

The sukuk was open to financial institutions as well as individual investors (I think offered by the FI's to their employees , HNWIs). Under the offer, the bonds will be repaid within two years, with 70 per cent returned in cash and 30 per cent as equity shares from the planned public offering. If no IPO takes place prior to the final redemption of the sukuks, investors would be getting a little over 10%. The bonds are not guaranteed by the Govt of Dubai.

It looked very attractive initially, but after reading the risk factors decided against it . I'd rather remain invested in the stock markets in India ........better returns

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.