Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

All quiet on the home front

All quiet on the home front

Old Nov 1st 2004, 5:18 pm
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: All quiet on the home front

Originally Posted by Perfumdiva1
Yip, remember the days when you could quite safely stagger up Union Street to the taxi rank beside the Dolphin Chipper and not be mugged

Ahhhh good times

Must say though, glad my boys are not growing up there these days
ahh the dolphin hmmmmmm tasty lmao.
youre right about kids its another reason were leaving, none yet but idea is to start soon, so as far as im concerned aberdeen just isnt an option these days
Old Nov 1st 2004, 6:25 pm
Perfumdiva1

Originally Posted by shiva
youre right about kids its another reason were leaving, none yet but idea is to start soon, so as far as im concerned aberdeen just isnt an option these days
Definately a very good choice, the school my kids went to in ABZ, well alot of the students are being beat up because they wear a uniform, and alot of the boys and girls take the bus, so they are an easy and obvious target

Bloody shame

Old Nov 1st 2004, 6:28 pm
Perfumdiva1

Originally Posted by shiva

what does lmao mean

Old Nov 2nd 2004, 12:40 am
Remember

Desert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond repute

lmao= laughing my arse off

I paid my way through college working as a chef in Simpsons and then Barts in Triple Kirks before it went back to being triple kirks so i guess I'm guilty of adding to the conversionm of churches to bars/restaurants. But no-one went to them as churches it seems.
Someone also told me that Ma Camerons and the Tappit Hen are also gone.
One place i did make sure i went back to was the Shack O' Briggie (spelling?), the old bridge across the Dee in Cults, just to makje sure it was still there. Lots of snogs under there after a session at the Cults Hotel!
And what has happened to the beachfront? Where's Codona's?
Old Nov 2nd 2004, 2:21 am
BE Enthusiast

LakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Desert Dweller
lmao= laughing my arse off

I paid my way through college working as a chef in Simpsons and then Barts in Triple Kirks before it went back to being triple kirks so i guess I'm guilty of adding to the conversionm of churches to bars/restaurants. But no-one went to them as churches it seems.
Someone also told me that Ma Camerons and the Tappit Hen are also gone.
One place i did make sure i went back to was the Shack O' Briggie (spelling?), the old bridge across the Dee in Cults, just to makje sure it was still there. Lots of snogs under there after a session at the Cults Hotel!
And what has happened to the beachfront? Where's Codona's?
Triple Kirks used to be good & you could get a good feed too. Went there in the summer & was appalled - tables & chairs replaced by 2 pool tables & we figured by the look of the clientele we could have purchased any illegal substance of our choice that night. Didn't linger. Tappit Hen is long gone but Ma's is still exactly the same. Heard recently that it's been sold though, so another crap makeover coming soon no doubt.

Codonas is still there. Thankfully so is the Inversneckie. Personally I haven't done much at the beach since the days of everyone at school having their 18 birthday parties at Jamies. Come on, who else is old enough to remember that old chestnut?!