Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

All quiet on the home front

All quiet on the home front

Old Oct 29th 2004, 1:59 pm

Heart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: All quiet on the home front

Originally Posted by dbickle
Looks ok, but my clown looks better . The bastards in the lounge are currently voting on whether I should keep it or find another one, because a lot of them are scared of clowns.
I like 'scary', does pennywise spring to mind .... Stephen Kings 'It'
Old Oct 29th 2004, 2:10 pm
Failed Expat ;-)

NJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Heart of gold
I like 'scary', does pennywise spring to mind .... Stephen Kings 'It'
Yean that was a great movie. And it's probably the main cause for all of these people who are scared of clowns
Old Oct 29th 2004, 2:12 pm
The 5th Amendment

joseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nice

Yean that was a great movie. And it's probably the main cause for all of these people who are scared of clowns
i like clowns....
Old Oct 29th 2004, 2:20 pm
Failed Expat ;-)

NJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by joseph.creative
i like clowns....
Well vote to keep the Av and karma will be given
Old Oct 29th 2004, 2:21 pm
The 5th Amendment

joseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nice

Well vote to keep the Av and karma will be given
hmm long time since i been to the lounge....
Old Oct 29th 2004, 2:22 pm
Failed Expat ;-)

Originally Posted by joseph.creative
hmm long time since i been to the lounge....
You're not missing much
Old Oct 29th 2004, 2:24 pm
The 5th Amendment

You're not missing much
anyway.. it is now keep the clown in the poll... i gotta go...
Old Nov 1st 2004, 3:39 am
Remember

Desert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shiva
lol, aberdeen, u?

grand elaine grand, good luck wi the perty

chris
I'm Dutch but used to live and study in Aberdeen. I lived in Bieldside and then town. My parents live in Culter now- they retired there to play golf! I was pushing for them to get a nice place in Spain near a golf course, or Lake Geneva but no, they chose Culter!

I went back over the summer for the first time in a long time- it is a great city but the centre has lost a lot of its soul- all big name shops and malls.
Old Nov 1st 2004, 9:50 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Desert Dweller
I'm Dutch but used to live and study in Aberdeen. I lived in Bieldside and then town. My parents live in Culter now- they retired there to play golf! I was pushing for them to get a nice place in Spain near a golf course, or Lake Geneva but no, they chose Culter!

I went back over the summer for the first time in a long time- it is a great city but the centre has lost a lot of its soul- all big name shops and malls.
ha ha, its way too small a world.. thats three aberdeen residents so far.. anymore want to come out of the shadows?
culter why oh why ,when it could have been somewhere sunny lol. well i suppose the golf is pretty good here.

ur right about souless these days, its just bloody depressing.
Old Nov 1st 2004, 10:44 am
The 5th Amendment

ha ha, its way too small a world.. thats three aberdeen residents so far.. anymore want to come out of the shadows?
culter why oh why ,when it could have been somewhere sunny lol. well i suppose the golf is pretty good here.

my father had scottish blood.
Old Nov 1st 2004, 1:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

LakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to behold

Not content with turning every church in the city centre into a pub or club, when I was back in the summer the old bank at the corner of Union Terrace/Union Street is now a pub too. SCANDALOUS that such fab buildings are being wrecked.

It's also a scary place to be nowadays late at night. Gone are the days when you could stagger home on your ownsome in the wee small hours. Aaaahhhh, fond memories!!
Old Nov 1st 2004, 1:27 pm
Perfumdiva1

Originally Posted by LakesLassie
Not content with turning every church in the city centre into a pub or club, when I was back in the summer the old bank at the corner of Union Terrace/Union Street is now a pub too. SCANDALOUS that such fab buildings are being wrecked.

It's also a scary place to be nowadays late at night. Gone are the days when you could stagger home on your ownsome in the wee small hours. Aaaahhhh, fond memories!!

My husband is in Aberdeen as we speak, and he tells me the old Langstane Church is now a night club as well, and it was absolutely mobbed at the week-end

I think the crime there has gotten as bad as Houston (well maybe, not quite, but getting there)

Old Nov 1st 2004, 2:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

LakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Perfumdiva1
My husband is in Aberdeen as we speak, and he tells me the old Langstane Church is now a night club as well, and it was absolutely mobbed at the week-end

I think the crime there has gotten as bad as Houston (well maybe, not quite, but getting there)
First time Langstane Kirk has been mobbed for years - sad but true. They've been threatening to convert that one for ages.

Also agree on the crime. Apparently the dealers are now coming up from down south because they can get more money for their gear in ABZ, but the really scary bit is they're now taking guns with them. What is the world coming to? It's a far cry from when the worst thing you could witness was a scrap in Jacks Brae after school!! :scared:
Old Nov 1st 2004, 4:52 pm
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

First time Langstane Kirk has been mobbed for years - sad but true. They've been threatening to convert that one for ages.

Also agree on the crime. Apparently the dealers are now coming up from down south because they can get more money for their gear in ABZ, but the really scary bit is they're now taking guns with them. What is the world coming to? It's a far cry from when the worst thing you could witness was a scrap in Jacks Brae after school!! :scared:

yup as i said before its pooped and were out of it ASAP. pity was a realy nice place for years, good town ,good mates, met my wife there. was all good, now ################# etc lol
Old Nov 1st 2004, 5:12 pm
Perfumdiva1

Yip, remember the days when you could quite safely stagger up Union Street to the taxi rank beside the Dolphin Chipper and not be mugged

Ahhhh good times

Must say though, glad my boys are not growing up there these days

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.