Alcohol License

Old Jan 18th 2012, 12:40 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Alcohol License

Originally Posted by Meow
That's the age of consent, but from other posts it's clear to see what's at the front of your mind these days...
Well spotted
Old Jan 20th 2012, 10:02 am
Forum Regular

Jackwow is a name known to allJackwow is a name known to allJackwow is a name known to allJackwow is a name known to allJackwow is a name known to allJackwow is a name known to allJackwow is a name known to allJackwow is a name known to allJackwow is a name known to allJackwow is a name known to allJackwow is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Mogs
Maybe different in AD, but Dubai it is flat fee of AED 160.

Also, when you get your licence from A&E or MMI they give you a voucher to spend in store to cover the cost of the licence.

So in effect, it doesn't cost anything to get a licence (or renew)....in Dubai
On receiving your new or renewed license MMI offers you a gift from a selection of spirits valued up to AED 180 or your choice of selected wines to the value of AED100. So even if if you go for the wine option your license has effectively cost you only Dhs 60. Also on your birthday they send you an email with a gift certificate valued at I think Dhs 100, so redeem that and your license has effectively cost you nothing.

A no brainer, especially as it's illegal to drink without one.
Old Jan 24th 2012, 9:50 am
Just Joined

desertfox52 is an unknown quantity at this point

just ring up Barracuda Hotel and they will deliver door to door!!
Old Feb 9th 2012, 3:50 am
Just Joined

mikehump3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Permits to buy booze. All very well for those in Dubai and Abu Dhabi. For those in Al Ain and other outlying cities we have 2 round trips to make, 1 to lodge our application and another to collect the permit. Four bottle outlets here (I think) and bet not many punters have the required permit!
Old Feb 9th 2012, 5:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikehump3
Permits to buy booze. All very well for those in Dubai and Abu Dhabi. For those in Al Ain and other outlying cities we have 2 round trips to make, 1 to lodge our application and another to collect the permit. Four bottle outlets here (I think) and bet not many punters have the required permit!
if you come to abu dhabi you can get it there and then
Old Feb 9th 2012, 8:16 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by busybee2
if you come to abu dhabi you can get it there and then
I put my forms in at MMI in Dubai, told minimum 8 weeks wait.

Wonder if I can use that as an excuse if caught pissing in the street whilst leathered......
Old Feb 9th 2012, 11:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
I put my forms in at MMI in Dubai, told minimum 8 weeks wait.

Wonder if I can use that as an excuse if caught pissing in the street whilst leathered......
done in a few hours in abu!
Old Feb 9th 2012, 12:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Oyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by busybee2
done in a few hours in abu!
Yep, I got mine done in AD the same day
Old Feb 9th 2012, 12:39 pm
Forum Regular

Jackwow is a name known to allJackwow is a name known to allJackwow is a name known to allJackwow is a name known to allJackwow is a name known to allJackwow is a name known to allJackwow is a name known to allJackwow is a name known to allJackwow is a name known to allJackwow is a name known to allJackwow is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Scamp
I put my forms in at MMI in Dubai, told minimum 8 weeks wait....
Nah, 2 or 3 weeks tops!
Old Feb 9th 2012, 12:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

mine took 8 weeks jackwow...
Old Feb 12th 2012, 4:22 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Jackwow
Nah, 2 or 3 weeks tops!
It's been about 3
Old Dec 5th 2012, 10:40 am
Just Joined

Itinerant_Expat is an unknown quantity at this point

the latest is that the process has moved online. you can find the link at auhsl.ae
one has to register first and then submit all the documents online including a 'relgion certificate' from the embassy that proves that the applicant is non-muslim, along with salary cert, emirates ID, photo etc.

has anyone done this only thing already? i start my process tmrw. after reading the various posts here, i should get my office to do the salary cert in arabic.
Old Dec 5th 2012, 11:30 am
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kittycat1
mine took 8 weeks jackwow...
3 months.
Old Dec 5th 2012, 11:36 am
Token Scandinavian Bloke

norsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Itinerant_Expat
the latest is that the process has moved online. you can find the link at auhsl.ae
one has to register first and then submit all the documents online including a 'relgion certificate' from the embassy that proves that the applicant is non-muslim, along with salary cert, emirates ID, photo etc.

has anyone done this only thing already? i start my process tmrw. after reading the various posts here, i should get my office to do the salary cert in arabic.
This online service is just for AD...
Old Dec 6th 2012, 3:24 am
Just Joined

Itinerant_Expat is an unknown quantity at this point

thats right. just for AD. forgot to mention that. Sorry.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.