Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Al Yasmina Year 1 and Year 3

Al Yasmina Year 1 and Year 3

Old Jun 17th 2008, 1:00 pm
Forum Regular

n1na is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Al Yasmina Year 1 and Year 3

we finally managed to get an offer form Al Yasmina!!! thanks for all the info posted on ths forum!
Now i am wondering if anyone has children going in September in year 1 and year 3 in Al Yasmin and living in Al Raha gardens, may be the children can get together before school begins?? I remember seeing one thread about reception children in Al Yasmina but can not find it
Old Jun 17th 2008, 1:55 pm
Just Joined

neeali is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Al Yasmina Year 1 and Year 3

Hi, I have a little guy starting FS2 and a daughter in Y6 and boy Y9. Hope we all can meet soon.
Old Jun 17th 2008, 3:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

yes glad you got a place, this is because they are on target with the building works, so they have added an extra class to each year group as the need was there, and also the money of course.
Old Jun 18th 2008, 9:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Karlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like good news all round

My son & daughter both start in September, paid my 2000dhm yesterday !

George is year 4
Katie is FS2

But they are not likely to be over in AD until mid August !
Old Jun 18th 2008, 10:20 am
Forum Regular

TBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud of

Both my Girls will be going to AL Yasmina in September yr4 and yr1....and we find out this week if we have a place in Al Raha....fingers crossed!!!!!

Welcome Karlos you landed....hey there are a few people looking for you already check out this thread
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=542818
Old Jun 18th 2008, 10:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Karlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for that TBird

I will definately be in PJ O'Reillys all day (& probably most of the night) Friday for the 12-7 'Happy Day'

See you there if you fancy a beer !
Old Jun 18th 2008, 4:00 pm
Forum Regular

Nina2008 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by n1na
we finally managed to get an offer form Al Yasmina!!! thanks for all the info posted on ths forum!
Now i am wondering if anyone has children going in September in year 1 and year 3 in Al Yasmin and living in Al Raha gardens, may be the children can get together before school begins?? I remember seeing one thread about reception children in Al Yasmina but can not find it
Hi N1na, i am another Nina :-) and my son will be in Y1, daughter in Y6, of Al Yasmina. We're moving from Singapore and my company's project (for which i'm being posted) is slated to start 1 Oct, tho i've requested for an earlier move so the kids can start school on time (fingers crossed!)
I'll be heading down with colleagues in July/Aug to sort out housing/ transport/ other logistics issues before the actual move.

Can anyone advise me of the housing options avbl near Al Yasmina, ie Al Raha area, and the approx annual rents? I'm also a little concerned abt whether my office (which will be at al salaam, near corniche) might be too far, and whether we should rent a home somewhere in btwn al raha and corniche instd?

one more qn - will any of yr kids be using the Al Yasmina bus system?
Old Jun 18th 2008, 6:48 pm
Just Joined

A u and a 2 is an unknown quantity at this point

My daughter is joining year 7 in September at Al Yasmina
Old Jun 18th 2008, 6:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Grace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by A u and a 2
My daughter is joining year 7 in September at Al Yasmina
I thought they only going up to year 6? Do you know if they going further than Year 7

Thanks
Old Jun 18th 2008, 6:53 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

I am told by one of our Architects that Al Yasmina is from 3 year olds to18. Saw the renderings for school and its a big place!
Old Jun 18th 2008, 6:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Grace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Eva
I am told by one of our Architects that Al Yasmina is from 3 year olds to18. Saw the renderings for school and its a big place!
Yes the Aldar website says up to 18 but I thought they were start from KG to Grade 6 to start

Got a colleague looking for a place in year 10 and 12 and BSAK are over subscribed for both years? So that would be great if they are going further than Year 6
Old Jun 18th 2008, 7:13 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

John Curley, Managing Director, Aldar Academies

This guy is just the best!He's an ex teacher,Assistant Director of Educational Services in one of the states/areas? in Scotland. met with him to 'sell' fabric of school.Get your buddy to try his email on generic Aldar.com.When I find his BCard-will pm email address.
Old Jun 19th 2008, 12:09 am
Just Joined

neeali is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by annacarna
I thought they only going up to year 6? Do you know if they going further than Year 7

Thanks
Hi, Yes they will go up to year 9 this year and then increase per school year.
Does anyone have any year 9 children going?
Old Jun 19th 2008, 2:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

they are going up to year 9 in first instance and then added more years next time, but will be the same as bsak go all the way up to age 18
Old Jun 19th 2008, 7:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by busybee2
they are going up to year 9 in first instance and then added more years next time, but will be the same as bsak go all the way up to age 18
Thanks. So it will be few years till they go up to year 12 then I guess

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.