Al Barsha

Old Jul 1st 2013, 2:12 pm
Just Joined

brendon2001ad is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Al Barsha

OK, been looking at JLT a fair bit and got to say, in my opinion, that I just cannot take to the place. There is something about it which irritates me. Any way, now looking at Al Barsha. Tecom was our first choice but there is literally nothing to rent in our price range. We have 85k which means that after fees etc we will come in under our allowance.

So... any thoughts on Al Barsha i.e. anyone live in an apartment there who is willing to offer advice on buildings etc? I know Barsha is not everyones cup of tea but it is close to the Greens which is where I work. We have considered JVC but one may feel they have returned to Village living.

Any help?
Old Jul 2nd 2013, 5:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Al Barsha

Originally Posted by brendon2001ad
OK, been looking at JLT a fair bit and got to say, in my opinion, that I just cannot take to the place. There is something about it which irritates me. Any way, now looking at Al Barsha. Tecom was our first choice but there is literally nothing to rent in our price range. We have 85k which means that after fees etc we will come in under our allowance.

So... any thoughts on Al Barsha i.e. anyone live in an apartment there who is willing to offer advice on buildings etc? I know Barsha is not everyones cup of tea but it is close to the Greens which is where I work. We have considered JVC but one may feel they have returned to Village living.

Any help?
Al Barsha covers a large area darling... stand alone villas/compound villas/apartments etc. There are a lot of apartments to rent in the Al Barsha 1 area ( around the MOE) but pick your block carefully, there are a few places where some companies cram their staff into a 1 or 2 bedroom apartment, also you should visit at night, a lot of "working girls" in the areas around some of the hotels.
Old Jul 3rd 2013, 12:26 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Any help?
You'll definitely get something in Tecom for 85k...
Old Jul 3rd 2013, 12:37 pm
Account Closed

Ethos83 is an unknown quantity at this point

Maybe he's looking for a 2-bed?

Originally Posted by Scamp
You'll definitely get something in Tecom for 85k...
Old Jul 3rd 2013, 1:02 pm
Just Joined

Yeah looking for two bed. Al Barsha has always put me off due to the overcrowding of rooms. Even when I lived in Al Ain I was aware of that.

Not sure the idea of living in an area where there are, shall we call them, girls providing a service lol. Not sure the wife would feel too comfortable with that going on.

Tecom is the first choice area but there is literally nothing worth looking at.
Old Jul 3rd 2013, 1:08 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Victory Heights.

Get a two bed out there for good value, only 7mins to JLT / Tecom
Old Jul 3rd 2013, 1:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

LaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond repute

We were only paying about 63k for our 2 bed in Tecom. That was a year ago. I wouldn't think that prices had gone up that much?
Old Jul 3rd 2013, 1:14 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

There a building near that new Al Zahra hospital, the building that Koreana Restaurant is nice and seems quiet.
Old Jul 3rd 2013, 1:52 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
There a building near that new Al Zahra hospital, the building that Koreana Restaurant is nice and seems quiet.
Thanks for the tip. To be honest, I thought apartment hunting in Dubai would be much more fun than this.
Old Jul 3rd 2013, 2:05 pm
Account Closed

Thanks for the tip. To be honest, I thought apartment hunting in Dubai would be much more fun than this.
Hahahahahahahahahahahahaaaa

It's the shittest, most frustrating thing in the world isn't it.
Old Jul 3rd 2013, 2:14 pm
Just Joined

To be fair, it started off great. In April our employer told us that we would get a better allowance from Sept onwards so we could find our own place to live. Therefore, being curious, we started looking on the usual websites and we were like WOW we could live in some really nice buildings in either the Marina, JLT or Tecom. However, the rents have gone crazy over the past few months just as we are in a position to actually negotiate. For example, there were 2 beds being advertised for 85 - 90k in the Greens and most of the 2 bed apartments that we were looking at in Tecom started at 70k. For reference, the Greens now start at 110k + for 2 bed and the same 2 bed apartments in Tecom are now 80-85. We are talking 2 months So much for the Gov trying to prevent the same problem as last time. But then again it all comes down to supply and demand. Hardly any apartments, lots of people looking = pay day if you are a landlord.
Old Jul 3rd 2013, 7:23 pm
When in doubt, mumble.

Poshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud of

What about Jumeirah Village Triangle, HUGE 2 Bed houses there
Old Jul 21st 2013, 6:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Debowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really nice

I lived in a flat above the Domino Pizza, near MOE in Barsha 1---from 2007 to 2010...Loved it there, the only problem is the traffic and it isn't easy to drive into and out of the area, due to traffic lights one way streets etc..Plus parking is a bit of an issue...But it is a great area to be in.
Old Jul 21st 2013, 7:36 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Best thing to do in Al Barsha is just drive around and when you see a building you like, go and ask reception/security if there is anything available and how much the rent is...this area is different from the Marina, Greens etc as it's not freehold, so 1 owner for the whole building and therefore security usually knows whats available or can give you a number of someone who knows. No point in going through real estate agents as they are clueless when it comes to Al Barsha.

prices have gone crazy indeed...
Old Jul 22nd 2013, 3:23 am
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Poshy
What about Jumeirah Village Triangle, HUGE 2 Bed houses there
I live there and the gardens are huge (so huge DEWA bills) but the villas are not so big. Actually the 2 bed townhouses are bigger internally. Also prices have shot up. What was 90k last year is now 140.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.