Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Age question - Saudi Arabia

Age question - Saudi Arabia

Old May 16th 2023, 7:04 pm
Forum Regular

leepee is a splendid one to beholdleepee is a splendid one to beholdleepee is a splendid one to beholdleepee is a splendid one to beholdleepee is a splendid one to beholdleepee is a splendid one to beholdleepee is a splendid one to beholdleepee is a splendid one to beholdleepee is a splendid one to beholdleepee is a splendid one to beholdleepee is a splendid one to behold
Default Age question - Saudi Arabia

Hi all
Does anyone know if Iqamas are given to expats over the age of 59 - 60? I have read a few articles about them being refused but they are all from a few years ago. I have a colleague (Director level) who is keen to transfer but not sure if age would rule him out. Just thought someone here might have the answer before I start searching!!

Thanks.
Old May 22nd 2023, 3:12 am
Onwards and Upwards!

Johnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Age question - Saudi Arabia

Generally you get kicked out at age 60, but it is possible to get the Iqama after that age, particularly for certain professions (Engineers and the like). Speak with the prospective employer, it will will advise whether or not it can be done, on a case by case basis.
Old May 22nd 2023, 8:08 am
Forum Regular

leepee is a splendid one to beholdleepee is a splendid one to beholdleepee is a splendid one to beholdleepee is a splendid one to beholdleepee is a splendid one to beholdleepee is a splendid one to beholdleepee is a splendid one to beholdleepee is a splendid one to beholdleepee is a splendid one to beholdleepee is a splendid one to beholdleepee is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Age question - Saudi Arabia

Thanks for that...Yeah, that is what I have found out as well. Turns out we have a few over 60's working there so there is clearly a bit of flexibility