British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   AED GBP Exchange rate 5.3 (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/aed-gbp-exchange-rate-5-3-a-585654/)

admon Jan 20th 2009 7:44 am

Re: AED GBP Exchange rate 5.3

the overall trend for the £ is generally down, but it will only take one significant event to turn it on its head - which might or might not happen.

Most of the banking community seem to think that £ place at the moment should be about $1.3 due to the UK borrowings.

But as Meow said, its anyones guess, economists are usually wrong (but then justify that they were right in hindsight) and the topsy turvy world we are in at the moment means that little is safe.

rowell Jan 20th 2009 8:39 am

Originally Posted by AUHJohn (Post 7190737)
Under 5.2 now

Yep just got 5.19 at Al Rostamani

saudi2009 Jan 21st 2009 12:21 pm

we are reaching very important levels for the gbpusd, so for the short term we need at least a correction.

W10 Jan 21st 2009 12:29 pm

Originally Posted by Sky Blue (Post 7190690)
Oh er... Any iedas on when this might be? As I have some AED savings I need to transfer back to the UK to pay of my Overdraft and Credit Card, worth watign do you think?

Also if you dont mind me asking, would you transfer back via first rate fx or though bank, in smaller amounts or in a larger sum and would it be a big deal on my tax situation?

:thumbsup: Sorry if a bit presumptious!!

Quite. I'm ploughing as much as i can into my sterling accounts while the pound is this week. I think (hope) I have a year before the pound gets stronger...

You can do a deal with certain exchange houses (or so jeeper told me) which will trigger a transfer when the currency gets to a certain level...

Eva Jan 21st 2009 12:35 pm

Originally Posted by W10 (Post 7195835)
Quite. I'm ploughing as much as i can into my sterling accounts while the pound is this week. I think (hope) I have a year before the pound gets stronger...

You can do a deal with certain exchange houses (or so jeeper told me) which will trigger a transfer when the currency gets to a certain level...

Wrong key? Barrelfingers:)
Only as good as your last proof reader..................

W10 Jan 21st 2009 12:36 pm

Well spotted sweetcheeks

The Dean Jan 21st 2009 5:48 pm

Originally Posted by AUHJohn (Post 7190737)
Under 5.2 now

Below 5.05 at one point earlier today..........

Madam Medusa Jan 22nd 2009 1:04 pm

Originally Posted by W10 (Post 7195835)

you can also use an agency like first rate fx to fix the rate for 2 years...

MM, xx

IndieG Jan 23rd 2009 9:00 am

4.97 at the moment.

dcousins2k4 Jan 23rd 2009 10:01 am

GBP/AED Gone Below 4.9779.
Any Know any Reliable FX Brokers as i have Roughly 200k Worth oe AED to Transfer Back in to GBP.