Reload this Page >

AED GBP Exchange rate 5.3

AED GBP Exchange rate 5.3

Old Jan 20th 2009, 6:36 am
Forum Regular

Superdarts is an unknown quantity at this point
Default AED GBP Exchange rate 5.3

Morning folks,

The exchange rate is down at 5.3 today for anybody looking to send some money home
Old Jan 20th 2009, 6:45 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AED GBP Exchange rate 5.3

Originally Posted by Superdarts
Morning folks,

The exchange rate is down at 5.3 today for anybody looking to send some money home
yea, cheers, just the news i was wanting as a person who gets paid in GBP:curse::curse:
Old Jan 20th 2009, 6:50 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by commander
yea, cheers, just the news i was wanting as a person who gets paid in GBP:curse::curse:
sorry to hear that, it's good for some and bad for others
Old Jan 20th 2009, 6:55 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
sorry to hear that, it's good for some and bad for others
exactly, i was given the choice of a GBP/USD or AED contract when i moved jobs and took the GBP...

horses for courses, but i hope it doesnt drop any lower...
Old Jan 20th 2009, 6:59 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

exactly, i was given the choice of a GBP/USD or AED contract when i moved jobs and took the GBP...

for your sake I hope it doesn't either but we have two kids in the UK to fund ..
Old Jan 20th 2009, 7:04 am
BE Enthusiast

Sky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud of

Could drop a bit further as their seems to be bad news abound with the banks and very wobbly confidence... The GBP was starting to increase a bit the last week or so...
Old Jan 20th 2009, 7:06 am
banned

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
for your sake I hope it doesn't either but we have two kids in the UK to fund ..
its good news for you guys then
Old Jan 20th 2009, 7:07 am
banned

Originally Posted by Sky Blue
Could drop a bit further as their seems to be bad news abound with the banks and very wobbly confidence... The GBP was starting to increase a bit the last week or so...
cheers for the moral booster tyrone
Old Jan 20th 2009, 7:08 am
Forum Regular

Superdarts is an unknown quantity at this point

I have been booking my rates in advance (from AED to GBP) for the last 5 months, always thinking we had hit the low, but not once on the day of exchange have I been better off! This month was exchanged at 5.79 on the day was 5.49. I have booked 5.31 for March which hopefully works in my favor.

My view is that there is more room for movement up than down and id rather have the protection – although the dollar has dropped from 1.49 to 1.40 today already.
Old Jan 20th 2009, 7:13 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Various pundits have been saying for months that Sterling could go as long as $1.30...

-

Last edited by Meow; Jan 20th 2009 at 7:34 am.
Old Jan 20th 2009, 7:21 am
BE Forum Addict

admon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow
Various pundits have been saying for months that Sterling could go as long as £1.30...

-
or even $1.30
Old Jan 20th 2009, 7:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Sky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Meow
Various pundits have been saying for months that Sterling could go as long as £1.30...

-
Oh er... Any iedas on when this might be? As I have some AED savings I need to transfer back to the UK to pay of my Overdraft and Credit Card, worth watign do you think?

Also if you dont mind me asking, would you transfer back via first rate fx or though bank, in smaller amounts or in a larger sum and would it be a big deal on my tax situation?

Sorry if a bit presumptious!!
Old Jan 20th 2009, 7:26 am
BE Enthusiast

cheers for the moral booster tyrone
Sorry Commander but stiff upper lip and all that,

since I arrived 5 months ago its bombed out from over 7 to what it is now... Good for some and not good fo others, but maybe over the long term who knows...
Old Jan 20th 2009, 7:37 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sky Blue
Oh er... Any iedas on when this might be? As I have some AED savings I need to transfer back to the UK to pay of my Overdraft and Credit Card, worth watign do you think?

Also if you dont mind me asking, would you transfer back via first rate fx or though bank, in smaller amounts or in a larger sum and would it be a big deal on my tax situation?

Sorry if a bit presumptious!!

Shall I consult my crystal ball? No idea - nor does anyone really know. I would imagine that the rate will stabilise at around £1:$1.5 towards the end of the year, but I am surmising as much as anyone else.

I'd transfer a lump sum via a wholesale company, but I have my preferred provider (for me & my clients). PM me your email address if you want the details.

-
Old Jan 20th 2009, 7:43 am
Just Joined

AUHJohn is just really niceAUHJohn is just really niceAUHJohn is just really niceAUHJohn is just really niceAUHJohn is just really niceAUHJohn is just really niceAUHJohn is just really niceAUHJohn is just really niceAUHJohn is just really nice

Originally Posted by Superdarts
Morning folks,

Under 5.2 now

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.