Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

AED 20,000 after schooling and accommodation?

AED 20,000 after schooling and accommodation?

Old Oct 5th 2007, 12:58 pm
Forum Regular

amir431974 is a jewel in the roughamir431974 is a jewel in the roughamir431974 is a jewel in the roughamir431974 is a jewel in the roughamir431974 is a jewel in the rough
Default AED 20,000 after schooling and accommodation?

Hi all,

In your experienced opinions... do you feel that a family of four (2 adults, 2 kids) could live quite well on AED 20k per month AFTER accommodation and scholing paid?
Old Oct 5th 2007, 7:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

IndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AED 20,000 after schooling and accommodation?

Originally Posted by amir431974
Hi all,

In your experienced opinions... do you feel that a family of four (2 adults, 2 kids) could live quite well on AED 20k per month AFTER accommodation and scholing paid?
How much do you want to save? What about medical; flights (normally that's included). Tell us what is not included in the AEd 20k so that we can give you a better idea.
Old Oct 6th 2007, 7:02 am
Forum Regular

amir431974 is a jewel in the roughamir431974 is a jewel in the roughamir431974 is a jewel in the roughamir431974 is a jewel in the roughamir431974 is a jewel in the rough

I would like to save AED 4-5k per month. Company would pay annual flights and medical.

So, AED 15k per month good to live on for 2 adults and 2 kids?
Old Oct 6th 2007, 8:06 am
BE Forum Addict

IndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by amir431974
I would like to save AED 4-5k per month. Company would pay annual flights and medical.

So, AED 15k per month good to live on for 2 adults and 2 kids?
Hey Amir,

Yes, since the most expensive part of living in Dubai i.e. Housing and Schooling has been taken care of....

this is for living well, and not living it up

Groceries: AED 2,500

Utilities (paid for? if in apt then about 400 pm), Internet, Mobile - another 400, add more if you're planning to make overseas calls daily...

Car finance- mid sized car+Insurance: AED 3,500 Send me an email when you get here, will guide you on the financing part (p.s. am not in Sales - in fact the very opposite, so don't worry )

Miscellaneous : AED 1,000

Entertainment +Shopping: Up to you ....
Indian/Pakistani cuisine - excellent stuff, and eating out is still incredibly cheap out here!

Maid: Part time (AED 20 per hour - if you need one)

Think you can save much more than 5k... and I would recommend that highly, at least initially
Old Oct 6th 2007, 8:32 am
Forum Regular

Thanks IndieGirl, if I get the job I will take you up on the offer of car financing advice.

Thanks again.