Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Advice on accommodation

Wikiposts

Advice on accommodation

Old May 10th 2008, 6:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Advice on accommodation

Originally Posted by Bonny Boy
Nice enough for me though - It's a great area, Karama and Bur Dubai have all the shops, bars and eateries you need, and the creekside is good for strolling/running of an evening.

And it is where the poster will be working, and being close to work is a major plus in Dubai.
I lived there for 6 months and was happy to move out to Umm Suqeim.
Old May 10th 2008, 6:21 pm
Banned

zuzu143 is just really nicezuzu143 is just really nicezuzu143 is just really nicezuzu143 is just really nicezuzu143 is just really nicezuzu143 is just really nicezuzu143 is just really nicezuzu143 is just really nice

Hi

Thanks again folks!

I had a look at apartments in the Old Town - on average they start at
130K - I guess thats the norm. I will look at karama and Bur Dubai also.

Am I correct in understand the majority of apartments are let unfurnished?

Many thanks
Old May 10th 2008, 6:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by zuzu143
Am I correct in understand the majority of apartments are let unfurnished?
Yes, in general unfurnished seems to be the norm for Dubai. However, you do usually get the basic kitchen equipment - fridge, cooker, washing machine etc. Certainly this was the case with the 80k - 150k apartments in this area that I viewed earlier in the year.

There are some fully furnished places about, which is what I took, as my stay in Dubai is of uncertain duration - I move from contract to contract, so tend to do a year or two here and a year or two there.