Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Advice on accommodation

Advice on accommodation

Old May 10th 2008, 11:14 am
Banned

zuzu143 is just really nicezuzu143 is just really nicezuzu143 is just really nicezuzu143 is just really nicezuzu143 is just really nicezuzu143 is just really nicezuzu143 is just really nicezuzu143 is just really nice
Default Advice on accommodation

Hi Folks!

I will be taking up a job in Bur Dubai and would welcome any advice on the best location to stay - which would be easily accessible for work.

Many thanks

Kind regards,

A
Old May 10th 2008, 12:12 pm
Forum Regular

zabone is just really nicezabone is just really nicezabone is just really nicezabone is just really nicezabone is just really nicezabone is just really nicezabone is just really nicezabone is just really nicezabone is just really nice
Default Re: Advice on accommodation

bur dubai, deira - any part of dubai in close proximity to the airport would be fine...
Old May 10th 2008, 12:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud of

Loads of apartments in this area - central Bur Dubai, Golden Sands area, Pakistan Consulate area (Al Hamriya) or a little further afield, Karama or Mankhool.

Check out Dubizzle http://www.dubizzle.com/main/DubaiProperty/ web site and also Gulf News http://www.gnads4u.com/properties - both have good search features.

Good luck!
Old May 10th 2008, 1:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zabone
bur dubai, deira - any part of dubai in close proximity to the airport would be fine...
not a good idea to live in Deira if you work in Bur Dubai.

best place would be old town
Old May 10th 2008, 2:40 pm
Banned

zuzu143 is just really nicezuzu143 is just really nicezuzu143 is just really nicezuzu143 is just really nicezuzu143 is just really nicezuzu143 is just really nicezuzu143 is just really nicezuzu143 is just really nice

Hi

Thank you - I appreciate your kind advice.

What do you think about the new apartments coming up next to Burj Dubai?

Would you consider Jumeriah Lake Towers to far?

Many thanks
Old May 10th 2008, 2:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zuzu143
Hi

Thank you - I appreciate your kind advice.

What do you think about the new apartments coming up next to Burj Dubai?

Would you consider Jumeriah Lake Towers to far?

Many thanks
Old town is the area around the Burj Dubai.
its a bit pricey but I think it will be one of the best places to live in Dubai.

JLT is a bit far from Bur Dubai.
Old May 10th 2008, 2:48 pm
Banned

Hi

Thanks once again - Would you have any idea of how much I should pay for a 1 bedroom and the driving time to Bur Dubai.

Many thanks
Old May 10th 2008, 3:06 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zuzu143
Hi

Thanks once again - Would you have any idea of how much I should pay for a 1 bedroom and the driving time to Bur Dubai.

Many thanks

approximately 140k a year and the drive should be about 20 mins or so depending on whereabouts in Bur dubai you need to be, if it is Bank Street add on another half an hour
Old May 10th 2008, 4:24 pm
Banned

Hi

Thanks for the info Blue Cat - do you think its worth 140K? The office is close to the Bur Juman Centre - I think. Any other advice would be most appreciated.

Many thanks
Old May 10th 2008, 5:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Border Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond repute

You could have a look at the apartments above the Bur Jurman centre. I believe they are really nice but I don't know anything about prices.
Old May 11th 2008, 1:59 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Border Reiver
You could have a look at the apartments above the Bur Jurman centre. I believe they are really nice but I don't know anything about prices.

pricey BR but there is plenty in that area to look at though, new stuff popping up all over the place, was down there last week.
Old May 11th 2008, 3:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Bonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud of

If you are working near Bur Juman centre, then Golden Sands area, Pakistan Consulate area and Karama have loads of studios and one bedrooms, unfurnished from about 80k pa and up,up,up - you won't need to drive from these places either.
Old May 11th 2008, 5:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Bonny Boy
If you are working near Bur Juman centre, then Golden Sands area, Pakistan Consulate area and Karama have loads of studios and one bedrooms, unfurnished from about 80k pa and up,up,up - you won't need to drive from these places either.
not the nicest area though.
Old May 11th 2008, 6:03 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
That's a matter of opinion...the Diplomatic area near The Creek is fine to me
Old May 11th 2008, 6:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
Nice enough for me though - It's a great area, Karama and Bur Dubai have all the shops, bars and eateries you need, and the creekside is good for strolling/running of an evening.

And it is where the poster will be working, and being close to work is a major plus in Dubai.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.